BankFodder BankFodder

Gi-

Help dealing with a garage

Hello,

Some might remember me I put up a post about buying a seat leon,

Anyway it has caused me hell!!

So I had a new dual mass flywheel and clutch fitted by

Formula one auto center 

A couple of days later my clutch is slipping and making noises and smells, so I took it back to the garage and they have offered repair it free of charge under Warranty,

I have told them I had trouble getting the car into them for the whole day the first time they fixed it and I need my car,

I have asked them to provide a courtesy car but they refuse to provide it.

Under consumer rights act 2015 

Page 23

paragraph 2

(A) do so within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to the consumer and, 

(B) bear any necessary costs incurred in doing so (including in particular the cost of any labour, materials and postage)

They must cover the cost of this?

Thanks again

I think that you should list out the alternative modes of transport and their costs and if it eventually turns out that a hire car is the best alternative then it may be possible that this could be considered to be a necessary expense.

however, you would also have to justify the need for transport. Do you need it for work? Do you need to take kids to school?

3 hours ago, BankFodder said:

I think that you should list out the alternative modes of transport and their costs and if it eventually turns out that a hire car is the best alternative then it may be possible that this could be considered to be a necessary expense.

however, you would also have to justify the need for transport. Do you need it for work? Do you need to take kids to school?

I need it to pick up my son who dosnt live with me and I also need it to get to work after I have my 1 year old every day from 7am till 11, then I work part time voluntary