BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi   With a SAR all you have to do is ask for 'ALL DATA' (this way it does not matter what format they hold that data whether it be digital, email, telephone calls (recorded), written etc).   They then have 30 Days to comply once they have acknowledged your SAR Request (that is unless they require ID Verification) which the 30 Days time limit does not start until they have verified your ID if requested)   Also can I add in DHL response in post#36 I hate it when any Company/Business etc. has the nerve to use the get out clause of 'Human Error'.    This is not the case as it was 'Maladministration' by DHL' not 'Human Error' as stated to you, irrespective of who/which employee of DHL made the 'Human Error' the buck stops with DHL as who/which employee made that error was Employed by DHL.
    • pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform. [if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] .  register as an individual  note the long gateway number given  then log in .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform .  defend all  leave jurisdiction unticked   goto the defence filing section  file the following:     1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (insert date).  2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation act 1980.  . If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant. .  3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £[insert figure from their POC]  or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied. .. ..ends..   dx          
    • I passed on the article and link to friend. Between us we will now try get the required info to the correct location so that they (whoever in the Govt) can sort out what he is owed. I will keep you updated.  This thread may help others in similar situations. Ethel Street - very helpful research.  Thank you.  Seems like you came up trumps!
    • numerous erudio/drydens claimform threads here already - use our search top right.   your appears to be statute barred as you've never heard of erudio so would not have deferred since your last direct deferment to SLC in 2013    if you wish to bother to even send CCA/CPR that's upto you but the bottom line is to erudio you've ignored everything to date yoy might also ignore a claimform.   but ofcourse you are not!!   if the above is true   pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform. [if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] .  register as an individual  note the long gateway number given  then log in .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform .  defend all  leave jurisdiction unticked   goto the defence filing section  file the following: 1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (insert date).  2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation act 1980.  . If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant. .  3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £[insert figure from their POC]  or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied. .. ..ends..   dx      
    • Well I would want my £50 back also but hey ho if your satisfied its been resolved.....there was no way you could ever be liable anyway as your contract was with TC not RC.   Thread title updated.   Andy
  • Our picks

bob2016

Economy Energy administrators demanding balance which has been paid

you are quite safe to totally ignore a powerless DCA.

dx

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your mum and the circumstances.

Have they produced an actual statement where they have advised you when the billing period started and ended and also the rates that were used during that time? 

If they haven't, advise them you will require this before any payments are made. 

If they have already, I would suggest, comparing the dates to the paper work you have and seeing if it coincides. 

They say you have 21 days.

If you don't have a correct bill or you are disputing anything on the final bill they have sent and this not resolved within the 21 day time frame, I would call one of the numbers, advise them you are waiting for further information/action on their part and ask to set up a payment arrangement in the interim to prevent the account from escalating any further.

Advise them, you have other priority bills and you're not in a position to clear the balance but you are willing to do the minimum, such as £1 starting in January 2020.

You are willing to do this on the proviso that they will halt any further action as long as you honour your payment plan and remind them you are still awaiting accurate documentation or further evidence from them in regards to your liability.

I'm not experienced in giving advice in this forum, but I hope this is helpful and hopefully others would agree that this would be sensible first steps to take.

no you IGNORE a powerless DCA totally 

AIC don't buy debts but merely chase for their client - the util co.

Right, but delaying payment could impact your credit rating and if you default then that won't be remedied until you start paying it and even then it could take several years to wipe. 

If the debt isn't in OPs name then no probs but I would rather start paying to hold the collections process until he gets all the info. 

OK so the debt's NOT in my name.

I know the debt doesn't exist, and could prove so.

The letter's from a DCA, just 'fishing' I think it's called

So I'll ignore it.

Why are these people allowed to do this.

Thanks for the replies.

Good to see you still around DX

yes simple ignore them

@purple_rainso you've not read the thread then?

and you never pay a dca 

I never said pay the DCA because OP could well contact the administrator/EE to set up a payment plan.

Obviously, he said the debt isn't in his name,

but just saying if it were, not making payment arrangements could impact their credit as that would be an outstanding debt on his credit file. 

So why post anything that's totally irrelevant to a thread??

18 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

So why post anything that's totally irrelevant to a thread??

How is it irrelevant? 

I didn't know the debt wasn't in his name until he replied. He advised his mother had passed away, which could mean liability has been passed to him. I gave advice regarding a bill he said he received. 

where are you getting this idea from that liability can pass to him:crazy:

Surely if someone passes away they can become liable for the supply at the property.

again shows your haven't read the thread

why post at all if you haven't a clue what your are talking about and are just guessing, then ask us to explain why your guess was wrong?

go research things yourself first....don't guess......

He said he's received a bill from EE who have gone into administration and are probably taking a while to final bill former customers.

I don't understand why you take issue with me saying to find out liability period as it's not been stated at all.

I said if he doesn't get the info in time to set up pp to stop it affecting him, as he hadn't said it wasn't in his name.

I didn't say that was the first thing to do.

On 10/12/2019 at 10:45, bob2016 said:

Hi received this letter it says there's an outstanding balance that needs paying on my Mother's old EE account.

Long story, on this  site somewhere, but the account was closed with the help of Ofgem and EE was made to pay my Mother

50 quid as compensation for 'poor service'.

My Mum passed away last January, and I don't want to get into this with what I believe must be some kinda sc%m.

I was a long time carer for Mum and I'm now suffering from Anxiety and depression. Don't want to get into a discussion with these people now.

Oh it threatens to increase the amount if I don't pay.

But I've got all the paper work from last time just too stressful atm, still trying to get through one day at a time.

Hope someone can help, lowest stress approach without them getting a penny.

Thanks in Advance.

Bob

AIC.pdf 246.91 kB · 3 downloads

bob when you're settled quite honestly id be complaining to the FOS about AIC

and Ofcom and the 3 administrators personally for their inappropriate actions and seeking financial redress for the distress this has caused

Thanks Dx, just getting through Christmas at the moment.