BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hello there,¬† I would be most grateful¬†for any help or views on a distressing incident that occurred last summer, I can supply more info.¬† I¬†am a 70 years old retired man and quite severely disabled I¬†use a Mobilty Scooter and walking aids.¬† I had recently been admitted to hospital with an ongoing heart condition.¬†¬† ¬† I was quite a frequent customer of my local Pub/Restaurant and I had previously submitted several verbal¬†complaints regarding short measures of drinks.¬† The both managers took exception to this and told me that I was "Never¬†happy until I found something to moan about"¬† The atmosphere in the Pub generally declined towards myself and I¬†was certainly made to feel unwelcome.¬† Matters came to a head when I witnessed a dog, inside the Pub, attack a child (A Toddler) who had accidentally trodden on the Dog`s tail.¬† Fortunately the parents of the child and the owners of the dog reacted quickly and no injury occurred .¬† The pub was very busy at this time and the incident went somewhat unnoticed.¬† I brought the incident to the attention of one of the managers and he actually laughed, it was monstrous.¬† When the pub became quieter I remonstrated with the said manager and I stated that IMO it was dangerous to have dogs and children in such close proximity whist food is being served.¬†¬†He became extremely unpleasant and told me in no uncertain terms that if I did not like it then to "Stop coming back" ¬† Two days later whilst I was out in the next village with friends my wife rang¬†to inform me that the Owner of the pub had called¬†around¬†to our home and told me wife that I was barred from the pub and to never venture there again; my wife was distressed, she never frequented the pub and the owner and my wife are not well¬†known to each other.¬† It is my opinion that he had no right whatsoever, to include my wife in this matter and to do so within her own home whilst I was not present.¬†¬†¬† ¬† I returned home then¬†went to the pub to enquire why the owner had visited my home, and upset my wife.¬† Whilst I was on the pub car park I was met by both the owner and the manager who both informed that I was barred as I¬†had¬†upset¬†staff members.¬† No suitable explanation was forthcoming from the owner for the reason of his unwanted and unwelcome visit plus his aggressive¬†manner whilst he talked down to my wife.¬† They¬†both informed me that they would forcefully remove me if I¬†did not leave the car park. ¬† Due to the immense¬†stress I was enduring I felt an urgent need to use the toilet, when i requested to do so I¬†was denied.¬† I could not believe it, I was in such a hopeless state and was utterly distraught.¬† Finally I struggled out of the car park but entered the front of the pub and headed for the toilet however they caught up with me and I sat down on a stool and refused to move until i was granted access to the toilet, however they were both adamant that it would not be allowed.¬† I reminded them that i was disabled but the owner stated that I was `Milking It` and to "Go behind a hedge".¬† At least half an hour passed, since I¬†had entered the pub, and the owner stated that he would call the Police, I had gathered my thoughts a little by this time and I stated to them that I would call the Police myself and then see if I would be allowed to use the toilets.¬† I feel the owner began to realise that he might be in trouble as¬†when I began to make the phone call he stated that I could use the toilet however he would accompany me; i had no option but to concur with his somewhat sick condition.¬† I was forced to defecate whilst he stood immediately outside the door.¬† My humiliation and embarrassment was complete.¬† ¬† Two days later I wrote to the owner and informed that I was intending to sue him¬†for disability discrimination¬†related offences.¬† He chose to disregard what I had¬†stated and replied stating that he had no intention of lifting the ban.¬† I replied stating that I¬†had no desire to ever enter one of his pubs ever again¬†and that he should re-read my letter and respond to the charges.¬† He did not reply. ¬† I issued proceedings against him in the Small Claim Court for less than ¬£400¬† (Some of my clothes and a she were damaged due to soiling).¬† He, rather surprisingly, instructed a solicitor who has threatened me with costs being awarded against me by the court which¬†could run into many many thousands of pounds and that there was clearly no case for her¬†client to answer.¬† I must admit to being rather alarmed.¬† The owner is a wealthy man.¬†¬† ¬† The court have advised mediation and have even offered to award one hour of such FOC; I agreed, the defendant¬†refused.¬† We now have a date for a hearing and I do not know exactly what to expect.¬† His court response states that he will be bringing two witnesses with him yet there was only he, the owner and the manager who were present.¬† ¬† Much of this was audio recorded and the owner is not disputing much of my statement.¬† I never threatened violence or used bad language during this most unpleasant incident.¬† ¬† ¬† Any help and opinions¬†would be greatly appreciated. ¬† Kind regards.¬† --¬† tibar
    • My friend has told them this and got no response as yet nor any refund,¬† she¬† is giving them till about 2pm¬† to refund it or¬† ¬†will be¬† reporting it as fraud and¬† seeing the Police etc, have told her please¬† do not ever¬† do it again or drag me into it, I will do my best keep you updated ¬† Sandy xx
    • Make sure you keep that email and print it out for safe keeping, just in case the PPC don't quite get the message.
    • Okay i've just sent the letters recorded delivery and have registered with the claims court. Just reading about PAP.
  • Our picks

RageAgainstThePCN

OPS/gladstone PCN PAPLOC - <10mins CCTV capture of passenger leaving car - Broadwater Street West, Worthing

Having similar issues with exact same location¬†ūüė°

Am at the LBC stage now, looking at the above MCOL isn't the right thing for me currently... ? 

Edited by RageAgainstThePCN

Hi Rage.

I'm sorry you're going through the same nonsense with One Parking Solution.

The good thing is that you've found Consumer Action Group

- they really know their stuff and the games these people play.

Even better, the guidance they give you isn't complicated or time consuming for cases like ours.

It's been successful -¬†so far ūüėȬ†- and even better helps control the rage :-)

Have fun kicking their butt!!

• Like 2

Hi HB,

Will set up a new thread!

Thanks in advance,

RATPCN

Edited by RageAgainstThePCN
Wrong place

Hi All,

I have recently received the  Letter Before Claim from Gladstones Solicitors,

I have previously appealled original PCN with One Parking Solution and  POPLA to no avail, despite my vehicle being recorded on the site 1-2 minute to turn around there and 3 minutes stopped at the entrance (not parked) so 5 minutes in total having pulled off the public highway momentarily. Not to park as advised to this rather nefarious company!

Would welcome the advice on what to do next please,

Thanks in advance,

RATPCN

so well within 10 mins minimum grace period

shame you appealed - don't next time!

you've ID'd the driver now

please complete this

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Hey DX

Thanks for getting back, having trouble working out where you are linking to above?

Are you asking me to complete the MCOL or something else? 

Apologies!

Hi.

I think dx probably meant this forum sticky so we can understand what the PPC think you've done.

If you haven't had a court claim form, you aren't at the MCOL stage yet, we just need details please.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Not sure that DX100uk sent the correct from to fill in.

As you said that you have had a letter of claim please fill out the form below.

Please don't worry about the goings on you;re having with the idiots at One parking.

They know they are in the wrong but greed is their overriding condition.

I expect once we have seen what they say we will advise that you send them a snotty letter from which they may work out that they have no hope or Bob Hope of getting any money out of you and decide to go elswhere to defraud someone else.

But you should never underestimate their greed and stupidity.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/393251-received-a-court-claim-from-a-private-parking-speculative-invoice-how-to-deal-with-it-hereupdated-aug-2016/

looks like me autolink script had a bad day then..:lol:

• Haha 1

Even Homer nods dx-and I didn't mean Homer Simpson.

An SAR was not the appropriate demand for them.

Much better to write to the solicitors using CPR31.14 -you can find the letter in the Stickies above the posts for members.

Under CPR they are asked for details that they do not want to send you -normally because they do not have them despite the fact that by Law they should have them.

so don't expect then to fulfil your request but it helps you as if they do not provide those details it will be very difficult for them to prove that they are able to form a contract with motorists.

Hi HB, DX, all.

Thanks for the help so far, 

Answering the questions below and attaching NTK and LBC,

1 Date of the infringement - 15 June 19

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] - 19th June 2019 

3 Date received - NA 

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y]

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y] post up your appeal] Yes - unable to locate currently, does not let me see on POPLA portal

Have you had a response? [Y] post it up  - 

7 Who is the parking company?

One Parking Solution 

8. Where exactly - Broadwater Street West P&D, Worthing, BN14 9DE

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under - BPA /POPLA

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions...

……....

in either case scan up bothsides of any letters/tickets in or appeals made out to ONE MULTIPAGE  PDF ONLY

OPS .pdf

the wording of the NTK is deficient to create ANY liability, let alone keeper liability

They have failed to allow a grace period and being BPA members they should know better but the BPA wont sanction them so not worth complaining at this stage.

Worth doing so after this has ended though just to embarrass the both of them.

They are not honest brokers

Now the supposed breach isnt a breach and if the 10 minute rule didnt exist then at worst it would be trespass and that means the landowner may sue you for the wear and tear to the car park.

How much? less than a penny so never going to happen

• Like 1

yes time for an EB snotty letter!!

The CPR request is only if they sue you, but you haven't been sent anything by a court (is this right?)

You do need to reply to the LBA though.  Just say that they know you were well within the grace period but if they want to get a good kicking in court to go ahead where you will go for full costs under  CPR 27.14(2)(g).  Make them know they've been sussed and you're not scared of their threats.

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

ericsbrother will be along soon

no rush as long as you meet the 30days deadline.

• Like 1

Something like this,

Dear will and John,

One Parking Solutions must be really scraping the barrel to hire  the owners of the IPC to do their dirty work when they are supposedly upright members of the BPA and have promised to abide by their Code of conduct.

Well, that has a minimum of 10 minutes grace period and as my vehicle was never parked in the first place your clients surely know they are throwing bad money after bad if they continue with the vexatious action.

Whilst we are on the subject of Codes of Conduct perhaps you should reread the SRA's code as you have a duty to the courts as well as to your client to act properly and I see a full costs recovery order coming my way should you continue with this folly.

With this in mind I now expect you to tell them to stop being stupid and I will enjoy the peace.

• Thanks 1