VCS PCN - no stopping - Bristol Airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Driver here has received the same letter for stopping at the pedestrian crossing at Bristo lAirport for a few seconds when their car had stalled anyway and the passenger decided to hop out.

Driver dropped off at Bristol Airport and car stalled at the crossing.

Passenger jumped out and driver drive off.

Received a parking fine.

Option of payment of £60 has now passed.

Should they pay? 

Not sure whether to pay and missed the 14 day £60 thing.

Have Bristol Airport started this nonsense very recently?

They should be ashamed of themselves! 

can you show us where it says FINE please 

complete the below:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture] 

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 10/11/2019

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 15/11/2019

[scan up BOTHSIDES as ONE  PDF- follow the upload guide]

3 Date received 25/11/2019

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [No]

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [No) post up your appeal]

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? VCS

8. Where exactly [Bristol Airport]

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. -says to contact myparkingcharge.co.uk but no mention of parking body

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE  it’s IAS

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions...

……....

in either case scan up bothsides of any letters/tickets in or appeals made out to ONE MULTIPAGE  PDF ONLY

DDDEC662-8453-43B0-87BF-10D95D273529.pdf

100's of no stopping threads here 

just use our search top right

get reading up.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS PCN - no stopping - Bristol Airport

Might be worth demanding the CCTV video of the time stopped as if someone was crossing, VCS will miss that out from the stills, provided, might make them wet themselves as if it clearly shows someone crossing, its irrelevant that the passenger got out, the stop was a legitimate purpose, and in any case Bye-lawes apply and VCS have no Locus Standi to claim a bent bean.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Just a question on dates.

The NTK was issued on 15th November.

We don't know if it was posted on that day [Friday] but even if not posted til Monday, it should still have arrived before the 25th.

Is your car on lease perhaps or are you sure the 25th was the correct arival date.

If so it might be worth writing to the DVLA and asking them when they responded to the VCS request for your data.

These companies are not above lying about dates on their PCNs.

On 05/12/2019 at 16:01, dx100uk said:

only ever respond if they send a letter of claim.

ok thanks v much will do. I don’t remember anyone crossing so no use asking to see vid. It would have been about three seconds that I stopped so I understand that bye laws overrule that and to say you can’t stop is out of their remit. Is there anything else? And obviously I won’t write unless I receive a letter of claim.

thx

On 06/12/2019 at 17:39, ericsbrother said:

read all about airport parking and prohibitive signage, grace periods etc and you will see what is wrong with this demand.

Thanks, will do

“get all of your info first”

What do you mean by this? Do you mean wait to see what else they send me? 

posts moved to your own thread rather than hijacking someone elses

i'm sure EB will answer your questions soon.

dx

and they

you need to read a lot of threads on private parking and also background on  the difference betwen an offer of a  contract  and a prohibitive notice.

the Parking prankster's blogspot has plenty of examples where peopel have been sued and won by knowing the difference.

VCS have recently got contracts with a couple of airports and are trying their luck before they get clobbered by the airport  and the ICO.

the more you sit things out the better as it will weaken their resolve to waste money on an unwinnable claim and they will ahve spent a few bon on chasing you by then.

Even the world's worst solicitors wont represent them any more

• 1 month later...

Hi, I’ve now received a Letter of Claim. Well, two actually. Two arrived on the same day and they look identical to me. I wondered if they’d made a mistake in the first and sent another but can’t see anything to that effect.

I note this example in another thread of a cheeky letter to send:

Dear sirs, 

Unfortunately for you I wasn't born yesterday so I won't be paying the demand to your client as both you and they know what I know and that there is no liability in this matter because the land is covered by its own byelaws, the signage is prohibitive and not an offer of a contract so none has been breached and anyway the POFA limits any charge to the specified sum so your demand for £160 is just a nonsense.

As VCS has been spanked at court on this very same thing several times before I suggest that you tell you client to discontinue this foolishness and that way you will at least obey the SRA rules of conduct and obey Civil Procedureicon as well. I know that may well be a first for you but call it your new year's resolution.

Should they decide to continue then I shall be asking for a ful costs recovery order for unreasonable behaviour and the seek damages for breach of the DPA as per VCS v Philip, Liverpool CC dec 2016. 

Even Will and John, the parking worlds worst solicitors seem to have got fed up with Simple Simon's stupidity and greed and presumably that is why you are wasting your ink on his behalf."

I'll send this, unsigned, by recorded delivery to BW Legal tomorrow unless someone tells me otherwise.

Many thanks

Is that still the line do you think? 

It's time for one or maybe two of ericsbrother's snotty letters, as you've realised.

Why have you got two letters, do they have different reference numbers?

Please don't rush to send the letter tomorrow, let the experts comment first.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Just wait for ericsbrother to pop in VCS/EXEL are owned by Simon Renshaw-Smith,  aka Simple Simon who now seems to sue on his own behalf, Will & John having given up on him, he thinks he can make it up as he goes along  so needs an adapted letter to suit his shenanigans.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

no ned for recorded either, if that was your comment...

2nd class with free POP will do.

dx

and they

raed more threads and you will be able to undersatnd who the players are in this game and edit a letter to suit. most of this one doesnt apply to your situation but the sentiment of the first sentence does so get your head around  prohibitive signage, byelaws and "relevant land" and penalty charges in contract law such as Dunlop v Selfridge

so to respond to VCS' letter of claim somehting like:

Dear Simple Simon,

if someone had looked at the images they would have noticed that the car was stopped at a peculiar road marking this is commonly known as a zebra crossing.

I dont know what planet you come from but on this one it is a universally recognised road marking and if you decide to carry on and prosecute this claim you will no doubt persuade government to change the law regarding private parking but not in the way you wish.

I look forward to you wasting your money with this one, the local papers as yet dont have a page specifically for comic strips but I'm sure your supposed PARKING charge notice that this will be a great starter for them.

In the meanwhile I hope that the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan are proud of your work, I shall obviously be asking them.

I would send this and do as it says,

tip off the local paper and complain to the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan trustees by sending them the offending NTK image and tell them that as VCS are their servants you are going to sue them for the breach of the GDPR by VCS unlawfully obtaining and processing your data and invite them to pay you the £250 that the courts have decided is equitable for thsi under VCS v Phillip, Liverpool CC dec 2016.

note to anyone else suffering at this place

-COMPLAIN to the pension trustees and let them know that VCS are issuing unlawful demands like confetti and their pension trust is ultimately responsible.

VCS may well then get booted out but it will need a groundswell of complaints threatenting to sue them to make them listen as it is somehting they will then have to act on

• 2 weeks later...

btw, do I sign as my name or not?  They specify their reason in letter of claim as: 46) Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited.

So I will of course quote "...that there is no liability in this matter because the land is covered by its own byelaws, the signage is prohibitive and not an offer of a contract so none has been breached..."

no you type your name.

and they

It's GDPR now, not DPA, not that Simon would know anyway.

Cut out the bit about SRA as that applies to solicitors.  Simon doesn't employ solicitors any more to lose his court cases, he's quite capable of losing them himself.

• Like 1

you need to understand what you are saying and to whom, you have still got soem cut and paste in there that applies only to a solicitors so if you use this as is they will realise the limits of your knowledge pretty quickly so less is more.

so go back to the suggested  4 lines in post#19.

No need to quote the law, they know it but choose to ignore it and civil procedure to boot.

being polite has so far never won the day against this lot, they are not honest so dont respect the truth nor care about it either. The idea of sending this letter is to show them that you know they are just sleazeballs rather than to get them to change their mind by showing you are right. They dont care as they may well still sue and hope that you wet yourself and pay up. So far they have wasted about £20 on this and are determined to make some money somehow.

• 4 weeks later...