Salvage before Settlement.

matty2303
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi , 

This morning i have received a low offer in settlement for a non fault claim which i have rejected the first offer. They have also asked me to phone and arrange for my car to be collected for salvage. Im unsure if i am putting myself in a worse position by letting the car go to salvage , any advise please

• AndyOrch changed the title to Salvage before Settlement.

Well you are not really giving us much of a chance of giving you any advice as you have given us very scant detail.

It will be in seem to know the name of the insurer, the make of the car, the model of the car, the mileage of the car, the price you paid for it. The value now according to you, the value according to them,

When you say "worse position", what position do you mean and what is your comparator?

C4 grand scenic 2010 70k fsh , been offered 2200 , just wondered if im in a worse position to negotiate once i allow them to take the car , all of the similar cars locally are over 3k , the insurance is the 3rd party im not sure which company

So I gather that you want 3K for it. Would it still be a write-off if you receive that amount of money? In other words what is the cost of repairs?

It seems to me that you will only be in a worse position if you are in a hurry for the money. If you are prepared to take your time and you show them that you now have another vehicle and that you're prepared to face them out then your position will be a lot stronger. Where is the car now? Is it accumulating storage fees?

Have a read of this thread 

And generally go through the insurance sub- forum because you will find lots of other examples of people wanting to change their insurer. If £2200 was their first offer then you can certainly raise it. You need to start accumulating evidence as to the true replacement value of your vehicle and stand your ground