Advice required please.

Mark34
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in 2012 both myself and my wife were made redundent (we both worked for the same company) and obviously it caused a huge financial crisis.

long story short we got into a mess.

Since then we have moved home a couple of times and obviously ran away from certain debts but paid others off.

Over the last 3/4 weeks we have started recieving mail from debt collectors such as Lowell and Cabot.

Then yesterday we recieved a hand delivered letter from Resolvecall.

After checking Credit files the debts they are chasing are 6 years old and maybe close to being SB.

Default dates range from 26/12/2013 to 30/04/2014.

Question is should i ignore them for now and see if they go past the 6 year mark?

Hi and Welcome to CAG Mark

If the debts are getting close.....send each one the following for Loans /Credit cards debts...follow the instruction in the link.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

No......but you will be in a more informed position to consider you next course of action.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

And just to add, you only reset the clock if you make a payment towards the debt or acknowledge it in some way.

• 1 month later...

Quick update!

On December 10th (One day after my last post) my Dad died so i never got round to sending the CCA,s.

Good news is i have not had any contact from any of the Debt Collector's which means According to the default dates on the Credit files 4 Debts are now past the 6 year mark and have been removed from my file.

Now i have 2 more that  become SB in April.

Now my minds back on track i will think about sending off the CCA,s

Now i have 2 more that  become SB in April.

Now my minds back on track i will think about sending off the CCA,s

If you have had no contact...you may wish to stay silent for now as April is so close....we have a saying ...dont prod the bear he may wake up and react.?

do these people have your correct and current address?

in post 1 this appears not so.

regardless to most the debts now being SB'd, that's no protection against backdoor CCJ's to old addresses.

this might also explain why you are not getting 'other mail' about 'other debts'.

pers id be sending our SB letter to each one that is now confirmed SB'd.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have never given them my new address but as i have been getting letters from them they have got it from somewhere.

I don't have any CCJ's on file at the moment.

Can they still get a CCJ even if SB?

Yes if its undefended and your unaware of the claim...simply rubber stamped by the court..default judgment.

Personally and for many reasons I would not yet send the SB letter. I say this based on the fact many people seem to find they have sent some sort of payment or acknowledgement after the default date thus resetting the limitations clock. I would wait and see if you get more letters and then react if you do. 

I have to say, not one of my debts has come back to haunt me after they became SB and there were rather a lot 

• Like 1

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

but they all had your correct address?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...