The Consumer Action Group Needs Your Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hidden for security

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

@overdone2

I'm terribly sorry, but we aren't able to merge the account unless you can contact us with a request using the old email address.

I expect that this probably sounds very stuffy and over-bureaucratic but am afraid that there is new emphasis on data protection and we have to be very careful. There are all sorts of people who watch us carefully in the hope that we make a mistake.
It would be comparatively easy for us to merge two accounts and find that the new account belongs to somebody who's actually a stalker or a troll for the true owner of the original account.

Please don't think that I'm suggesting that this is you. We get fairly frequent requests from people who have lost access to an old email account to merge their old CAG account with a new one and we always have to decline even though I'm certain that all of those requests are completely genuine.

The day that we make a mistake and merge somebody's account with the account of their stalker/ex-partner/evil wisher , we will cause terrible anguish to the victim and we will have a lot of answering to do to the ICO and possibly to the police.

I do hope that you understand.

If you are able to access your old email account and to send us a request through their email address then we will be happy to merge the account because I think that we will have taken all reasonable steps.

And we've received your donation by the way, thank you very much indeed. However please understand, we are very pleased to accept the donation but we would never want to accept it if it was intended as a payment or something for merging the accounts. Please let us know

Unfortunately I forgot my email password at the address I had then. Tried so many permutations of what I think it should be of every password I ever had. It should be one of them but I lost my will to live with so many abortive attempts.

I donated a percentage of my Bank Charges refund many years ago and any monies I have donated have been on the understanding of the ethos C A G employs. All given with a good heart. 

In terms of data protection maybe there are questions you could ask me that only I could know as the original "Overdone." I may have changed passwords on C A G but only I would know what they were and you would have them stored perhaps?

Maybe you could think of some?

Many thanks

Overdone2

I'm sorry but we have no access to passwords at all. If they are stored anywhere then I suppose that they are fully encrypted and I certainly don't have the skills to deal with it. But it would raise the same issues in terms of data protection.

Don't they have a lost password process at your old email provider? If you are able to obtain access to your old email inbox, then you could attempt to logon to your old account and go through the lost password procedure which would then result in a new password or an unlock link being sent to your old email address.

I'm really sorry, and we are very grateful for any contributions that you've made to us, but we just couldn't do anything that could expose us to enquiry from either the authorities or from Those-Who-Hate-Us – and believe you me, there are lots of them!

it's yahoo.com

you should easily be able to reclaim the account and make it active.

simply goto yahoo.com webpage

hit the blue email icon top right

type in the full email ad

guess what the password might be.

if you fail 

hit the forgotten password blue text.

follow what they want.

you should get lucky

i got two account back for someone from 2002 recently elsewhere

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...