BankFodder BankFodder

Sign in to follow this  
dolly

sisters lloyds loan

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4965 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just a question on this.

My sister applied for a loan with Lloyds TSB through her online banking. It was accepted and she had to just re-input her password and the loan was in her account instantly. Now she has never had to sign any paperwork for this.

As the CCA request states: "2. A signed true copy of the deed of assignment ...." how would this stand?

Just curious...

Thanks!

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Just a question on this.

My sister applied for a loan with Lloyds TSB through her online banking. It was accepted and she had to just re-input her password and the loan was in her account instantly. Now she has never had to sign any paperwork for this.

As the CCA request states: "2. A signed true copy of the deed of assignment ...." how would this stand?

Just curious...

Thanks!

try sending this to them

your bank plc

rip off st

tosserland

uk

16/06/2006

subject to access equest

do not acknowledge ANY debt to your company. I require you to supply the following documentation before I will correspond further on this matter.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number xxxxx.

2. A signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists.

3. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Dear Sir/Madam

REFERENCE NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yours faithfully,

change it to your needs (but not too much)

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,

Just a question on this.

Just curious...

Thanks!

In this case you are correct in saying that there would be no paper agreement - however, the Act does allow for electronic agreements - and in some cases verbal agreements (though it would not really apply to loans/credit cards etc).

However, generally the cases that are being discussed on this forum are regarding agreements made more than a couple of years ago - in the good old days of paper agreements!!

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

normally when you sign up for a loan or credit card online you will be sent paperwork to sign and return. the agreement will not be fully executed until this is done.

BUT! - get that request sent off :)

No honestly my sister did this about a month ago. She had to print off a copy of the terms and got one sent through the post but never had to sign a thing. With the light of all this, I just wondered, thats all.

And my sister hasn't ever incurred bank charges in her life. She is sensible with her money :rolleyes: (Mind you, she is 32, has a damn good, very well paid job and has no kids ;-) )

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Sign in to follow this