BankFodder BankFodder

Sign in to follow this  
mikey

lloyds loan

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4959 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I currently have a loan with Lloyds TSB, if they cannot provide the original agreement does that mean I do not have to pay the loan back??

looking into that now, am i being pushy asking for any money paid to them "back"

No way!! If they have no legal right to claim money off you because there is no signed credit agreement, they have unlawfully taken money from you!

I would go through all your records and tot up how much you've paid them under this account, and write to them demanding it all back...

I currently have a loan with Lloyds TSB, if they cannot provide the original agreement does that mean I do not have to pay the loan back??

You have to formally ask for the documentation under s77(1) and s78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. You should enclose a fee of £1. If they fail to send the original documentation within 12 calendar days they are in default and you do not have to pay them. If they fail to send the documentation then after 30 days they have committed an offence. While they are in default they cannot enforce the debt.

However, if you KNOW you have a loan and are paying it back etc, what grounds do you have for disputing the debt and therefore asking to see a copy of the signed agreement?

Even though I know I have the loan, the debt is still illegal?

unenforceable. Nobody mentioned illegal. And I find it highly unlikely that they would NOT have a copy of the agreement.

Still, I can live in hope they have lost it can't I!! :grin:

Sign in to follow this