• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

ADBC/Moriarty Law Claim Form - UAE debt

gigglemal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So do you agree with the claimants proposed Directions ?  Setting out directions/timetable  in FT MT is explained in the link I provided above ( post # 44) 

and here....

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part29/pd_part29#4.1

Both claimant and defendant cant submit different directions...you must agree them between yourselves.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy, I need to delve into this a little further to be clear on a few things.

For some reason, I seemed to think the strategy was to ask for mediation on the basis of not being able to make an informed decision (as they haven't submitted the docs I requested).

I also had the view that it was to direct to courts/process rather than communicate/agree directly with Moriarty.

My underlying issue is that I've previously explained my situation to ADCB & their reps, in that I've not worked & what little income I have is taken up by my DMP.

I'd be open to discussion to a resolution but they've contradicted themselves several times (or at least their agents have) regarding things like freezing interest or setting up an agreement, instead they want a lump sum.

It feels like I've gone in circles so I honestly don't know the best way forward - other than follow the process as you guys have helped with thus far.

I am happy to agree to a stay - if it gives a chance for progress.

Bottom line is you don't pay them a penny unless you get forced too and that looks doubtful

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Don't worry DX - I don't intend to. Just need to be a bit reassured on how to tread carefully and go about things the best way to achieve that.

I learned my lesson the hard way by paying last time and it only ended up worse for me.

As I understand it, I should be seen to willing to discuss with them in terms of agreeing their directions but it's up to them to comply with my requests for the documentation (as requested before, still outstanding).

Question - I have oodles of messaging (mainly electronic etc.) but feel I don't want to disclose at this stage (show my hand) as I would like to play it that they have to show me the docs first. Agree?

Edited by gigglemal

Agreeing directions has no connected to your last two posts.....its to agree the timetable/disclosure/exchange of statements for the trial

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thanks Andy.

One concern I have is in their Disclosure Report, they have referenced my premises & 'Computers & Laptop', yet in their Electronics Documents Questionnaire they have only referenced ADCB as custodians/creators. My concern being, it seems they should offer their agents - ie. DCAs (who made situation worse with false promises, contradictions etc.).

Also, they have mentioned a person in ADCB as witness for video link. Should I list the amount of people I've had discussions with also previously?

Should I raise my concern somehow now, or later?

Other than that, I agree with their directions.

Edited by gigglemal

If you could scan redact and upload a copy of their DQ and Proposed Directions.....that would be helpful in advising further.

Andy

Is Central London your local County Court.? I also note there is question to Jurisdiction and that the agreement may not be none exclusive jurisdiction.

Andy

Hi Andy, I've received a N271 notice of transfer to my local court (so CCBC at least received my 181).

I mention this as I also received a N24 to say they haven't received my DQ yet - although they must have (I guess) to get the court changed.

I'm worried as I need to get a response/my PD to them ASAP - today really.

I'm sorry but I don't understand the Jurisdisction & agreement point, please could you explain more?

Their proposed directions are fairly standard for FT/MT.   so unless there is anything in particular that you think should be added .simply inform them you agree or disagree.....there is no requirement for you to also submit Directions.

with regards to none exclusive Jurisdiction......

When jurisdiction is exclusive, ONLY the courts of England have authority to adjudicate relevant disputes.

When jursidiction is non-exclusive, then the courts of England are granted such authority, but other courts may also be able to adjudicate, depending upon the (somewhat complex) rules of private international law.

In some cases (e.g. consumer protection cases) a jurisdiction clause will be overridden by the courts.

Thanks as always for your help Andy - you do a great job for us lay-laymen out there.

How do I formally confirm agreement? I have emailed the Court because I was concerned about the short timeframe but also them saying they hadn't received my DQs. For completeness and peace of mind, I send the N181 again to both parties and emailed the Court - and confirmed agreement with the Directions.

I will read up more on the Jurisdiction aspect too. Your explanation is very good but I will need to dig deeper to understand the impact. Why would Moriarty challenge that do you think?

Edited by gigglemal

The other concern I had - apologies if this sounds OTT in advance.

Their Directions reference search & electronic property; do I take it they say that so they can come and search my address for devices? That doesn't seem fair when I've asked them in advance for appropriate/relevant documentation that they haven't sent.

I could go back through my emails, messages and other records and reference all the contacts I've had by their representatives - should I wish to - which would not favour them I don't think.

The majority of what I've read so far seems to be based on getting towards Court date, in the knowledge Moriarty don't turn up. My worry would be - what if they did? Common advice is to keep correspondence primarily with Court but not give personal info to Moriarty - and I'm just bothered they could (according to how I've read those Directions) request a search at home address.

33 minutes ago, gigglemal said:

Their Directions reference search & electronic property; do I take it they say that so they can come and search my address for devices?

where?..

bottom line is no they cant they are not bailiffs and never can be, but TBH you've lost me totally with this sideways jump of thinking??

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think you need to reread it....that's not in the Directions...it's in their N181 with regards to disclosure conduct from them....not you or your devices or property:classic_biggrin:

Thanks to you both for helping to clarifying. Apologies if I'm ovethinking or looking into this too deeply, but it is a lot to take on board, thus easy to fear the worst.

Yes, you're right - I've misread their directions/N181. I'm just concerned that I've missed something, especially when I receive communication to say DQ not received. If I have submitted my N181 form, the court has been changed accordingly what other steps do I need to do?

If it's just to agree the directions, what is the usual/best way to do this? I'd read previously to not share any address, email, phone or other contact details with Moriarty so the bit I'm struggling with is how to communicate acceptance. I thought maybe a printed paper with something like to confirm I agree with directions with my name and claim reference on?

@dx100uk - it was just the jump from the relatively simple step of filing defence  (with yours and Andy's help of course - thanks!) to trying to understand all the directions/words they'd used, added up with the query from Court about needing to agree directions within 7 days. One can't help fearing the worst in these things - all the legal stuff is a lot to get my head around sorry.

Edited by gigglemal

I'd read previously to not share any address, email, phone or other contact details with Moriarty so the bit I'm struggling with is how to communicate acceptance. I thought maybe a printed paper with something like to confirm I agree with directions with my name and claim reference on?

They already have your address posssibly phone number....having issued the Court claim to you......you can ring them or email them and simply state your in agreement re directions

Update

- I'd received confirmation that the case has been allocated to my preferred (local) court and also that the District Judge has considered the statements of case and directions questionnaires and decided a hearing is necessary before a final decision about allocations can be made.

Reason for heating - to consider track and jurisdisction.

--

How should I prepare for this?

Any advice or insight as to what to expect, or opinions would be gratefully received.

Also

- Moriarty rang my home phone number and emailed yesterday.

I still have not received any correspondence as per my request in December.

I'm wondering what the ideal next step would be for me to take?

I don't want it to seem that I'm not trying to engage with them, after all they suggested a stay for ADR but I'm unclear on best course of action.

Should I for instance resend my request for documentation to them?

nope their problem not yours..

the claimant through their dogs Moriarty should not initiate a speculative court claim solely for the purpose of intimidation and using the court as a debt collection tool.

dx

and they

Thanks DX - so what is likely to happen on that day do you think?

Andy previously mentioned it seems they are looking to discuss question about jurisdiction (as does the court's letter).

I seem to recall it's generally held that Moriarty don't turn up to court. Will that be a factor in this case - it's in the North West.

they certainly never turn up no.

i'm sure andy will pop in

but I would expect you have quite a reasonably chance of the judge concluding he has no jurisdiction to hear this case by the sound of things if you play this right.

and they

Thanks for your feedback DX.

I'm very keen to "play this right" so any advice is always appreciated and gratefully received.

I was mindful though that since agreeing to directions, I haven't heard anything back in writing from Moriarty. They tried to call once and emailed once.

I'm looking for guidance if I should write to them or not, as I don't want it to seem that I'm not engaging with them. After all, the stay was about ADR so I'm looking for the best way to play it.

They will turn up for a Multi Track Claim ......I assure you.

Its simply known as a Case Management Conference hearing...quite normal in Fast Track/Multi Track claims.

Read here and get up to speed.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/standard-directions/general/case-management

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/preparing-for-trial/attending-a-case-management-conference/

Also, please excuse me if I've missed something, but the Notice of Allocation or Listing Hearing I've received doesn't mention/refer to the term CMC anywhere on the form.?

Thanks Andy.

So if they do turn up for a MultiTrack Claim, what is my best strategy for the case overall? I've read other threads whereby Moriarty not turning up the case will be thrown out, but in this case that doesn't seem likely.

ADCB are well aware of the situation since I left UAE, and not a lot has changed since then - not least that I'm not working, in a DMP already and have no assets/savings.

Do you have any thoughts on the jurisdiction issue?