MET/DCB(L) windscreen PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - electric bay abuse - ASDA Arla Old Dairy South Ruislip

Right, so in your snotty letter include that they have made up £70 Unicorn Food Tax.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

can you please review below and advise of any changes?

Ref PCN: ****
VRN: ****

PCN Date: 05/12/2019
Issue Date (Posted): 06/01/2020

I write in response to your so-called “Letter Before Claim”, received in relation to PCN Number xxxx, issued by MET Parking Services for alleged parking breaches.

I am writing to confirm that I have no intention of paying these ridiculous and made-up sums of money for allegedly breaking some imaginary contract with your client.

You also scored a big own goal when you tried to sneak in £70 Unicorn Food Tax.  Remember DDJ Harvey's judgement at Lewes on 5 February 2020 (claim number F0HM9E9Z)?  Not very happy with these made-up amounts, was he?

You can either drop this foolishness now or get a good hiding in court.  Up to you.  I quite fancy a well overdue holiday once all this COVID stuff is over and you’re financing it after an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) would do nicely.

Should your client wish to proceed with this farcical claim, I’ll be seeking recovery of costs on the basis of unreasonable behaviour, as well as damages for breach of the DPA 2018.

Great work!

The last two paragraphs are essentially the same thing so merge them and just write -

You can either drop this foolishness now or get a good hiding in court.  Up to you.  I quite fancy a well overdue holiday once all this COVID stuff is over and your financing it after an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) would do nicely, as would damages for breach of GDPR.

I would also write at the bottom "COPIED TO MET PARKING SERVICES LTD".  This is because I'm sure CST Law would delight in a court case going ahead, even if their clients were on to a stuffing, after all it's still quids in for them.  Let MET know that the only result of a court case would be a big hole in their wallet.

Send both letters off tomorrow and get free Certificates of Posting from the post office.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

By chance I happened to be at that parking space today.

The front signage is way too small on all of their signs and Courts often refuse claims for that reason.

That's for your WS that comes later not the snotty response.

The only thing that was clear on entering was the two hour maximum stay in big bold writing.

Would make recharging a car fully  a bit difficult .

I was surprised that there were as many electric charging points [4 0r 5?] so a mitigating factor could be that no other spaces were left and no one was charging their car.

• 1 year later...

open

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to MET windscreen PCN PAPLOC - electric bay abuse - ASDA Arla Old Dairy South Ruislip

I now have received Notice of Debt Recovery letter from Direct Collection Bailiffs Ltd last Friday with regards to this PCN.

saying I have unpaid parking charge of £170.00 and that I have 14 days from the date of the letter (3rd Jan 2023) to pay the outstanding amount or call them to discuss repayment.  If I don't pay they will recommend the commencement of legal action against me.

My question is

the last set of communications were almost 2 years ago and I no longer have Post Office receipts as evidence to show that I replied to their communication (snotty letters), will that affect?  

what does discussion of repayment mean will they reduce the amount? and if yes is it worth going down that route?

Ignore 

Read the very bottom of the letter carefully..  

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

@Dx yes I have read very bottom of the letter saying "this case is not subject to High court or bailiff action". 

However, I want to know just in case if legal action is taken will I need those Post Office tracking receipt of snotty letters? as I do not have those any more. 

I thought I will not receive any more communication on this so threw them away.

Not an issue.

Dx

and they

As dx says, not an issue.

However, in general throwing away paperwork when you're in legal dispute is a very bad idea.

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

• 7 months later...

Open

and they

coming back to this post since there is a change in situation

I now have sold the car to which this PCN is linked and just want to confirm that I do not need to inform about this to parking company.

I have been ignoring their letters and nothing has happened.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So you need to send a snotty letter again.

An updated version of the one you sent two years ago will be fine.

Just thinking.  Asda are generally very good at getting tickets cancelled.  You might be able to use the fact the ticket is from four years ago to your advantage.  How about e-mailing the Asda CEO  https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9025&c=ASDA UK-Owner  and laying it on thick about being a genuine customer (attach some proof of purchase), then say this ticket has been dragged up from four years ago and you haven't got a clue what it's about, and can they get it cancelled.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @FTMDave please see below content to include in my letter to CEO and please modify as you think to make it more effective.  Will it be ok to send this communication via email?  I will also attach receipt of my recent shopping from ASDA.

Dear MR xxx,

I am a regular customer of ASDA and have been doing my weekend shopping from ASDA.  ASDA is my most preferable supermarket and regularly visit South Ruislip ASDA for my weekend shopping. 

My purpose of writing this letter is about a PCN (Parking Charge Notice) issued to me by MET Parking Ltd.  The notice was issued about 4 years ago to park in an electric bay this is something new to me and I have been getting letters from MET to pay for PCN for almost 4 years.

Below are the details of the PCN.  I am a regular genuine customer of ASDA and I appreciate if this ticket can be cancelled. 

PCN Number:

PCN Issue Date:

Vehicle Reg Number:

Issued By:

Reason for Issue:

Yours Sincerely,

xxx

Well, I wouldn't mention getting letters for four years, as the CEO's office is likely to ask why the heck didn't you get onto them earlier.  How about -

Dear Mr Issa,

I am a regular customer of ASDA and have been doing my weekend shopping at ASDA for years.  ASDA is my most preferable supermarket and I regularly visit South Ruislip ASDA for my weekend shopping. 

My purpose of writing this letter is about a PCN (Parking Charge Notice) issued to me by MET Parking Ltd.  The notice was issued about 4 years ago for parking in an electric bay.  This is something new to me and out of the blue.

Below are the details of the PCN.  I am a regular genuine customer of ASDA and I will appreciate it if this ticket can be cancelled. 

PCN Number:

PCN Issue Date:

Vehicle Reg Number:

I attach proof that I am a regular customer.

Yours Sincerely,

xxx

Yes, certainly attach proof of past purchase.  Yes, do it by e-mail.

Have you sent the snotty letter to MET?

although it does not matter where you parked, IMHO i would not be mentioning it was an EV space to ASDA.

the person that might be able to wipe this, might not like you 'taking the...' by parking there, even though as about post 8 by ericsbrother, there are no signs, nor can met in any case, charge you £100 just because you dont have an ev car but were in an EV bay...thats asda's job....

heart strings???

• Like 2

and they

Hi @FTMDave please also see below rewritten snotty letter I am going to send this soon with 1st class recorded delivery.  Please let me know any modifications I should make.   

Dear DCB Legal,

Ref PCN Number: xxxxx
VRN: xxxxx

I write in response to your “LETTER OF CLAIM”, received in relation to PCN Number xxxx, issued by MET Parking Services for alleged parking breaches.

I am writing to confirm that I have no intention of paying these ridiculous and made-up sums of money for allegedly breaking some imaginary contract with your client.

You also scored a big own goal when you tried to sneak in £70 Unicorn Food Tax.  Remember DDJ Harvey's judgement at Lewes on 5 February 2020 (claim number F0HM9E9Z)?  Not very happy with these made-up amounts, was he?

You can either drop this foolishness now or get a good hiding in court.  Up to you.  I quite fancy a well overdue holiday once all this is over and you’re financing it after an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) would do nicely, as would damages for breach of GDPR.

Unfortunately the letter is out of date as in the DDJ Harvey case the PPC appealed and sadly won.

The "meat" of the letter is there just it needs to be updated.

I'm at work now but will look in late this evening.

you do not need to use recorded.

simply 2nd class stamp and get free proof of posting . you only need to prove you sent letters under law.

dx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and they

Suggested revised snotty letter -

Dear Yasmin and Jamie,

Ref PCN Number: xxxxx
VRN: xxxxx

I write in response to your “LETTER OF CLAIM”, received in relation to PCN Number xxxx, issued by MET Parking Services Ltd for alleged parking breaches.

I got one a year or so ago from CST Law, so I presume MET are doing the rounds of the worst solicitors in the country who can't get any other work apart from dealing with dodgy private parking invoices.

As I told them as well, I am writing to confirm that I have no intention of paying these ridiculous and made-up sums of money for allegedly breaking some imaginary contract with your client.

Your client also scored a big own goal when they tried to sneak in £70 Unicorn Food Tax.  Judges aren't very happy about these made-up amounts, are they?

Your client can either drop this foolishness now or get a good hiding in court.  Up to them.  I quite fancy a well overdue holiday this winter and your client financing it after an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) would do nicely, as would damages for breach of GDPR.

I look forward to you running away like CST Law did.

COPIED TO MET PARKING SERVICES LTD

If you're happy with that and there are no other suggestions from the regulars over the weekend, on Monday invest in two 2nd class stamps (all the fleecing PPCs are worth) and get two free Certificates of Posting from the post office.

• Thanks 1