BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Please tell me you are going to do all you can to dissuade your son from getting involved with these crooks. I suppose they thrive because many people simply don't read what they're signing up to. They only realise when they have worked for a fortnight and end up owing money.
    • Thanks for your help, Dx. CRS are currenly acting on behalf of their 'Client' so it looks like they're trying to pull a fast one! Thank you!
    • Hi everyone, I live in a flat with family,  my wife and two very young daughters,      baby aged 3 weeks and little girl 15 months,    live in flat that is above a shop premises,  which is a Beauty Beauty Lounge. We have complained about breathing in vapors and fumes from the shop below to the business owner,   since she recently moved in,    but she denies using any strong chemicals or solvents,    even though she clearly advertises Nail, Hair, Spray Tans treatments etc. We have to endure headaches,   and itchy eyes due to there fumes that smell like strong solvents and ammonia smells,   which you can feel in your chest. We know that she does acrylic nails treatments (Acrylic solvents),   spray tans (Dihyroxyacetone),  hair treatments (Hair Dye and Perming Lotions etc), lip fillers, that are advertised,  and other hush hush cosmetic procedures. The business is permitted under a low impact classification etc,    but she is using all the basement rooms as treatment rooms,    not as storage as they apparently supposed to be,,     the shop at ground level,,,   she rents out various positions,   making it really busy at times.   She calls herself a practitioner,  like a doctor,   does this contravene the premises use classification ? The business apparently has no waste collection whatsoever,,   all waste chemicals go straight down the sinks and drains,   sharps and bio waste she most likely dumps in her household waste. She opens up in the morning usually about 9:30 am,    and stays open until late at night,    closing at sometimes 10 pm or so. All the while that she is open,    she has music playing constantly,   which we can hear in every room and can't get away from it in our living accommodation,    and is becoming a real nuisance. We are worried about the long term effects of breathing in these fumes as she has no extraction at all,  but fear that if fume extraction is put in,   that we would still be affected in the summer when the windows are open. Also we are worried about the fire risk,   as she has no fire extinguishers or fire alarm.   Then there is the question of how flammable chemicals are stored,   and what leakage measures she has.    We have only one exit,   though the kitchen,   and have to vacate down a wooden staircase,   with this underneath,  it is a constant worry. Her fire exit also comes through our basement that we use as a utility room,   which has no ceiling,  just bare wooden joists etc,  with no exit lighting or proper exit door.   I have also asked her on a number of occasions,    if she could turn down the Bass on her music,    that she has going BOOM BOOM BOOM,  usually from about 9:30 am,   until late about 8/9 pm, sometimes later. Her verbal reply was basically,   it's a beauty salon,,   what do you expect,    her text reply below, "to be quite frank I'm getting sick of it now I'm running a business and you live above a shop... your complaining about noise on a Saturday afternoon. I'm legally allowed to play music from 7am to 11pm." Sometimes,   its like a party downstairs,   and she is running her venue it like that, with celebration drinks for clients and friends. This is totally unacceptable and impossible to live with.   The letting agent says it is a Civil Matter,   and there is nothing that they can do.   The landlord has replied,    through the letting agents,   and said,   I'm not sure what I can do but talk to his commercial tenant in the shop,   which doesn't sound like he is bothered or taking it very seriously at all. Please can you advise us asap,,    as we are really struggling living with these problems.  
    • easily undone. and free I can do it for you.   can you post up a screenshot photo of what you are seeing that prevents you from accessing the PC use PDF only please read upload   dx  
    • Idem also sent me an envelope that was an inch thick supposedly full of documents that they were going to use as evidence against me ........   everything you mentioned in post 155 was there on paper according to idem and now that they have the evidence it would be better for both parties to avoid court and for me to sign up for a Tomlin order.  After going through the documents apart from all the paper work that was printed out from idems own network, there was no   Signed agreement No valid default notice No termination notice No statements from HSBC No notice of assignment As dx has stated in the post above, it is all designed to lead you into a panic and agree a payment plan with them and avoid court.    
  • Our picks

ste20

Mental Illness

Hi, 

Not sure if I have the right place but a lot of questions seemed to be answered really well so I will try and tap the available knowledge.

I am a student mental health nurse in my second year and have run into a problem regarding my licence.

At the start of June I had a bipolar episode that finished, declared by my psychiatrist on Oct 6th.

I am fine with this (as you can be) as it has happened every 5 years for the past 20 years.

The time previous to this I took my car off the road and did not inform the DVLA and then when my psychiatrist "indicated" it was ok I drove.

This time because I wanted to do it right because I am trying to "do it right" I contacted the DVLA and just wow.

They told me the date was to be the 29th November to start my 3-month ban and that I was to send back my licence and re-apply after those 3 months.

Can I ask a question or two about this information???

Why did they start my 3-months on the 29th Nov when my doctor told me I was completely fine on the 6th Oct - It has added a huge amount of time onto my ban (7 weeks approx).

Is there anything I can do about this? It's like they picked a future random date out of the air(29th Nov). 

Can I get them to go with my doctor's 6th Oct if I ring up and tell them this is the date she chose (she chose to declare me ill on one day, why do they ignore the date I was well?)

Should I ring them up and if so, what should I say?

Also on the re-application papers sent out there is a section that says:

"where there has been a history of frequent relapses a longer period of stability will be required..."

Honestly, this terrifies me. What is the time they count as "frequent relapses?"

Is it every 2 or 3 years, or 5? 

If it is 5 years and  I fall under that banner say, what are they going to say to me? A 6 month absence?  A year?

It's pretty scary stuff to be honest.

If you can reply, can you be sure to give me the correct info if you can.

I thank you for your time in advance,

All the best, ste.

Sorry this is not an appropriate question to ask on a public forum, because this involves legalities of whether you can drive following a health condition diagnosed by a Doctors.

You MUST contact DVLA with the  full information, to enable them to provide you with the information you are seeking.

https://www.gov.uk/reapply-driving-licence-medical-condition

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread