P2Go Lost Item

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So it looks lie Parcelforce via Parcel2Go may have lost my parcel, it's not been 4 weeks yet.

- I sent an automotive clutch, brakes and DMF, properly declared and insured to £300 with P2G.

- Sent to Greece 2 weeks ago

- Still not arrived

- Parcelforce website covers small automotive parts for loss, P2G website excludes them from being covered

- I didn't read about this exclusion and assumed as Parcelforce covers them for loss, P2G would too

Any experience with this kind of claim? If parcel doesn't turn up, do I stand a change of winning?

So I understand that you use Parcel2Go – the online service to send these car parts to Greece and that they were sent by Parcelforce. Is that correct? They were declared and insured to £300 with Parcel2Go. However you have now discovered the Parcel2Go has got them on the list of prohibited items even though you declared them and they accepted the insurance money. Is this correct?

Have you begun a claims process against anyone yet?

What is it about car parts that Parcel2Go would include them on their list of prohibited items?

1 minute ago, BankFodder said:

So I understand that you use Parcel2Go – the online service to send these car parts to Greece and that they were sent by Parcelforce. Is that correct? They were declared and insured to £300 with Parcel2Go. However you have now discovered the Parcel2Go has got them on the list of prohibited items even though you declared them and they accepted the insurance money. Is this correct?

Have you begun a claims process against anyone yet?

What is it about car parts that Parcel2Go would include them on their list of prohibited items?

Yes correct. I haven't started a claims process as I want to give them a bit more time to get there, they were sent two weeks ago.

Parcelforce don't cover fragile car parts (windows, door panels etc.) But do cover small parts such as those I sent. I don't know why P2G won't cover them.

I did declare them as car parts and the insurance element was paid for.

(To answer a question you asked my in another thread but that may also be relevant here, I am not a seller, this was sent by me to a friend to fix my mum's car in Greece)

Please can you post a link to wherever it says that they are not covered by Parcel2Go

So I see that there is a category which is called "items requiring more information" and that category includes car parts.

Presumably when you bought the insurance you provided more information? Or you gave some description? Or are you assuming that your consignment was in the "no protection category"

I listed what the car parts were. And I think that's what this section requires. It is to ensure you aren't sending things that might contain oil or petrol or other prohibited things.

The specific car parts I sent I believe fall under "small car parts" and are not covered according to P2G.

Did you take screenshots or anything of the descriptions that you gave? Do you have any evidence to support you say?

In any event, you paid for the insurance, you declared the parts having given the descriptions and they accepted it all on that basis. You have begun the claim procedure yet so I suggest that you do so. We'll see what happens.

In any event, it could be said that the various sections are contradictory. Parts relating to vehicles are containing three separate sections and it is relatively difficult to discern which section a particular part should come into.

Section 69 of the consumer rights act relates to ambiguities and basically says that an ambiguity must be interpreted in favour of the consumer.

The site has a drop down for different postal services, implying the exclusions are based on the service you use, yet when you select different services the exclusions appear to remain the same, and certainly in the case of Parcelforce do not tally with the cover included by Parcelforce.

My P2G account still shows the declaration I made.1565771707_Screenshot2019-12-07at12_18_26.thumb.png.30714428b33bebcd521743361028bb6f.png