• Tweets

• A key member of the US central bank, Raphael Bostic, tells the BBC rates might only ease "at the end of 2024".View the full article
    • A key member of the US central bank, Raphael Bostic, tells the BBC rates might only ease "at the end of 2024".View the full article
    • OK, thanks, I won't wait for them. On a side note, some of the posts on here are a bit frustrating, I read through five pages or so of someone going through the court process rooting for them as I'm reading, then nothing, not heard of again. Left here wondering what the outcome was, lol!
    • Hello Caggers,   I've been trying for years to get an old EE account wiped off my credit file. It was opened in 2013 and almost immediately defaulted but was shown as "Payment Arrangement" ever since. I contacted EE by telephone in 2022 and was advised it had not been wiped because there was still £69 owing, I paid it and thought it would correct once the CRA's updated their reporting cycle. However, it has still not been removed. I made a formal complaint on 27/03/2024 and have had contact with the executive team who advised that  "EE account ......... has now been deleted from the Credit File as it failed to close as it was reporting the payment arrangement set up despite, as advised this failing which should have resulted in a further default showing.  Please be advised the deletions we have completed take 24 hours to update if a paid service is used to view the Credit File. If the customer uses one of the free services to view the Credit File, the recordings update in 24 hours but the changes can take up to 30 days to be visible on a new copy of the Credit File. I have requested compensation and been advised by EE that another team are looking into this. That was almost 2 weeks ago and there has been no contact since, despite me chasing it. I do not want to go to court and would rather settle this amicably. However,I have been advised that I might have a claim for aggravated damages due to the length of time the incorrect reporting has been on my file and the fact that I told EE about this issue and paid the demanded outstanding amount of £69 almost 18 months ago. Should I just wait for EE to reply or should I start building my case against them? Is their statement admissible as evidence of their blame or do I need to dig a bit more? I made a DSAR which was initially rejected as having no data found yet. I trawled my e-mails from 2013 and found the account number and mobile number, I'm now awaiting the result of my 2nd attempt at DSAR. I have very little in the way of proof of actual loss except a mortgage refusal e-mail from HBOS in 2015. I have also had high interest loans and credit over the last 10 years but again cannot directly attribute this to this one specific error. There were other items on my credit file that could also have contributed to a low credit score too and I'm not out to cash in on anything. I want to make sure I don't end up shooting myself in the foot for any obvious reason and would appreciate any help from anyone who has had similar experience with breaches of DPA.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

lots of defaults......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

Thanks for any advice I receive in advance. 

If I am honest I haven't really cared about my credit file until recently and am just looking for some advice after signing up. I was in a stupid financial position a few years back, i was a fairly typical teenager who didn't care about debt etc but fortunately I have grown up and am looking to improve this. 

I have three defaults on my credit file, from February 2014, June 2014 and May 2015. 

My question is about what happens when these are removed. I understand that the defaults are removed after 6 years?

But let's take the February 2014 one as an example.

In a couple of months time the 6 years will be up on this.

At the moment on my credit file it has a default for every single month since that date.

In February, does the whole thing get removed or just the first "little red default".

So will it actually take 6 years for all these defaults to come off or does the whole debt get removed?

Thanks

S

I think it will be very helpful to let people know more detail about these debts.

Who is the original creditor? How much was the debt for? When was the debt incurred? When did you last make any payment or acknowledgement of the debt

forget the calendar markers

its the debt summary line that's important.

if it has a defaulted date the whole account will be removed regardless to paid off or not or paying or not.

then your score will start to climb.

doesnt mean the debt is not still owed mind!

yes more info please:

original creditor

credit type

who owns it now 

outstanding

last payment & to whom

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to lots of defaults......

Thanks to you both for you replies and apologies for the delay in responding. 

On my credit file, it says the defaulted dates are the ones in 2014 and 2015 as above. 

The creditors are

a Water Company,

a Mobile Phone contract and

a Gas/Electricity Company.

To my knowledge, the first two are still owned by the original creditors, the third one is owned by a third party (Lowells). 

It was all direct debits that I didn't pay at the time.

The amounts outstanding are £260, £465 and £670.

I haven't made any payments since the default. 

Thanks

S

the old lowells utils bill will undoubtedly be bogus or not now enforceable

the mobile will be bogus monthly charges on a contract till its end that you didn't even use or could.

I doubt you'll hear about those again

as long as they have your correct address unless they poke you 

don't poke them.

the water co....is this for your current property or an old debt from elsewhere?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's for an old address, I moved about 5 years ago and I haven't heard anything from them. 

Morally I was thinking of paying the water bill at the very least. 

Thanks for your help anyway, much appreciated

regardless by whatever letter if you have MOVED and not WRITTEN to the owner of these debts .

.you MUST telling them of your now current and correct address.

else you risk backdoor CCJ's you'll know nothing about.

and they

a backdoor CCJ is one served to an old address whereby you have never informed anyone in its chain you have moved .

the 1st you know about it is viewing your credit file

or bailiffs at your door.

these are called roboclaims, as everything is done automictically by the debt owners pc system and sent to northants bulk which is again an automated system, no human sees or checks anything, so a debt being statute barred or not is totally immaterial.

and they

not yet no

but you need to protect against getting a backdoor CCJ..

and they

as carefully explained in post 9..

how does the court know or check its statute barred?

and they

grr go read post 9 carefully...

how can you defend a court claim you would know nothing about?

how does the court know the debt is statute barred when it is not defended?

and they

You have been helpful and I genuinely appreciate the advice, but there is no need the patronising. 

This is Post 9:

a backdoor CCJ is one served to an old address whereby you have never informed anyone in its chain you have moved .

the 1st you know about it is viewing your credit file

or bailiffs at your door.

these are called roboclaims, as everything is done automictically by the debt owners pc system and sent to northants bulk which is again an automated system, no human sees or checks anything, so a debt being statute barred or not is totally immaterial.

how can you defend a court claim you would know nothing about? 

how does the court know the debt is statute barred when it is not defended?

My answer to the above is that whilst I could not do anything against the CCJ initially, I thought I would be able to get it set aside and appeal on the basis it shouldn't have been given in the first place?

Or is the answer than once a CCJ is obtained you can do nothing about it even though the CCJ should not have been issued in the first place. 

ofcourse you can set it aside but it will cost you £255 and hassle and not 100% guaranteed. 

for the sake of a 2nd class stamp why not write to debt owners and inform them...100% guaranteed to protect you..

simple logic.

and they

logically again

if you dont tell them where you live now

you'll never know

and be in an even worse position to set it aside as its not SB'd then is it..

dx

and they

I just think they are more likely to take it to court if I suddenly get in touch and tell them where I live... Just logic IMO

To be honest it's just one company anyway. One already know and I am going to pay the second one off. 

your gamble...

but there are 100's of backdoor CCJ threads here ...

water companies do them

mobile debt will be sold on to the likes of lowells

lowells own the electric bill already too

there are also numerous examples of recent of lowells issuing a claimform for merged debts too.

you really should be using our search top right and reading up.

as said earlier, most mobile/util bills sold to dca's can be battered away,

better to do that before they issue a backdoor claim to an old address

they must abide by the pre action protocol and send a letter of claim 30 days before a court claim.

its then you deal with it via disputing their figures/enforceability.

but if they don't know where you live now that will goto an old address as will a claimform removing your right to question.

enough said 

going around in circles.

head in sand is no longer the way to go these days

that went out the window years ago.

never run from debt.

• Like 1

and they

I agree that burying your head in the sand isn't the way to go, I never said it was. 

Out of the three debtors, only one doesn't know where I live. In fairness, that does mean I would be vulnerable to a "backdoor CCJ". I didn't know what that was. 

I was young when this occured and am trying to improve my life.

Thank you for patronising me and being rude for not being an expert on debt (I thought that may be a good thing!). You have however provided some good advice so I do appreciate that. 

But, I did only ask one question - "will it actually take 6 years for all these defaults to come off or does the whole debt get removed?" So the rest of this has been pointless to be honest. 

posts are not only made in relation to your situation

they are made to inform future readers finding and reading your thread because the title is like their situation but which might be diff to yours.

glad to help, 

a defaulted account is totally removed from your credit file on the defaults 6th birthday.

that doesn't mean the debt itself is not still owed as payment/acknowledgement might have been made after the defaulted date

so the debt situation is thus not necessarily resolved, hence the warnings/explanations.

dx

• Like 1

and they

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

logically again

if you dont tell them where you live now

you'll never know

and be in an even worse position to set it aside as its not SB'd then is it..

dx

I had 3 CCJ's from thinking it was a great idea not to inform my creditors of my current address. All of them could have been easily defended if I'd known. Be warned!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread