Parcel2go / Hermes - forged signature

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

There seems to be a few of these around - I used Hermes via Parcel2go to send my sister her birthday present on Monday. Value of the parcel was correctly declared as £50 and as ceramics are on the list of things not covered by insurance I thought I'd clicked the button not to buy insurance - although looking at the email confirmation it looks like I didn't, so I've ended up with the default £20 cover.

The parcel was delivered a day late, while my sister was at work. The signature on the Hermes tracking site is her name but not her handwriting, and she wasn't in her flat at the time. It was left in the lobby of the building her flat is in, and by the time she'd got home from work it had been opened and the present taken. 

So, on the basis I'll get fobbed off, I assume an LBA is the next step? Can I claim for the full £50 or only £20 as that's the insurance limit? If its the latter I guess I'll just have to swallow it... 

Thanks for any help. 

As you declared the value correctly at £50, you will be able to claim this figure.

However, can you explain a bit more about the forged signature. Who are you saying forged the signature?

Somebody has (either the courier or someone they handed it to) - my sisters name, which was on the label is 'Jane Smith' (NB - not really). The signature Hermes have provided on their tracking is 'J Smith' but its not her handwriting and she was on the other side of the city at work at the time it was delivered... 

Are you saying that the wrapping paper and general packaging was left in the lobby of your building?

Yes, so:

Midday get an email to say my package has been delivered. I know my sister and her partner are both at work, but assume its been left with a neighbour. 

10pm get a text from my sister asking if I've sent her something in an amazon box, as there's one with her name on it in the lobby of her building (12 flats) which has been opened but just has brown paper and bubble wrap in, card and present have been taken. 

Check the hermes website and the signature is her name, but not her signature or handwriting. 

So either:

Courier has got access to her building somehow, left the parcel in the lobby and signed as her, or:

Courier has given it to someone else in the building who's signed as her and taken it - if it's this then the courier must have known it wasn't her as there wasn't anyone in her flat.