BankFodder BankFodder

Sign in to follow this  
Marnie1

Motormile Finance UK & wageday advance debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2350 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, Hope this is the right place for some advice on Motormile.

Had a Wageday Advance loan back in 2011 for £135.00. I have been paying back £10 per month for the past 14 months to MMF. Total (£140.00) I canx the SO to them back in May and I am now receiving default letters from MMF stating an outstanding debt of £119.20 still owing ???. I have had no formal notification from MMF that they owned the debt as the SO was set up over the phone as far as I was aware to Wageday Advance (realise now it was probably MMF I was speaking to at the time).

I have written to them asking what the outstanding balance relates to, as far as I'm concerned this debt has now been repaid. I have never received any correspondence from MMF informing me of any charges/ interests being applied to the account and feel that if I didnt cancel the SO when I did MMF would have continue to take payments indefinitely. I am currently ignoring their letters (3 so far) but just wondered where I stand in regards to any further payments, I dont intend to send them anymore money. Fortunately they do not have my mobile number so not getting harrassed by phone but have had junk emails from them in my spam account which i just delete. The letters relate to "home visits". If someone can let me know where I stand with this would be much appreciated.

Hi all, Hope this is the right place for some advice on Motormile.

Had a Wageday Advance loan back in 2011 for £135.00. I have been paying back £10 per month for the past 14 months to MMF. Total (£140.00) I canx the SO to them back in May and I am now receiving default letters from MMF stating an outstanding debt of £119.20 still owing ???. I have had no formal notification from MMF that they owned the debt as the SO was set up over the phone as far as I was aware to Wageday Advance (realise now it was probably MMF I was speaking to at the time).

I have written to them asking what the outstanding balance relates to, as far as I'm concerned this debt has now been repaid. I have never received any correspondence from MMF informing me of any charges/ interests being applied to the account and feel that if I didnt cancel the SO when I did MMF would have continue to take payments indefinitely. I am currently ignoring their letters (3 so far) but just wondered where I stand in regards to any further payments, I dont intend to send them anymore money. Fortunately they do not have my mobile number so not getting harrassed by phone but have had junk emails from them in my spam account which i just delete. The letters relate to "home visits". If someone can let me know where I stand with this would be much appreciated.

Hi Welcome to CAG,

My guess is that it's the interest and charges that have been sold to MMF, £135 paid off a £135 loan would not seem to cover the 'normal' interest levels on these loans.

As you have no Notice of Assignment you should have just notified MMF that you did not know of them and did not acknowledge any debt to them.

I suggest now a more formal letter as follows:

For the Personal Attention of

Mr Robert Sands

Compliance Director

MMF Ltd.

Date:...................:

Ref: use theirs:

Dear Mr Sands,

I refer to recent correspondence from MMF Ltd regarding an alleged debt for £xxx.xx supposedly originating from xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Please take note I do NOT acknowledge any debt to MMF Ltd.

As I have no knowledge of any alleged debt being transferred to MMF (no notice of assignment received from any party), I cannot enter into any further correspondence on this matter.

I have received 'threats' from MMF Ltd regarding 'Home Visits' by an agent, employee or representative of MMF Ltd please be aware of the following.

All permissions implied or explicit to visit may home address or any other address relating to me are withdrawn.

I am aware from researching MMF Ltd that it contends that such restriction doe not apply to the company, which of course is total nonsense, you are reminded of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection

and the section regarding an individuals requirements as to 'when, where and how they are to be contacted', my explicit requirement is that MMF Ltd WILL only contact me in writing by Royal Mail Postal Services. ALL other communications by e-mail, SMS text, telephone (landline or mobile), or 'home visits will cease immediately.

Failure to comply WILL result in formal complaints to the OFT/FCA regarding the conduct of MMF Ltd together with a comment on the fitness of MMF Ltd to hold a consumer credit licence.

Mr Sands as this letter is addressed to you personally I would expect you to deal with this matter as my research shows that employees of MMF Ltd don not handle such matters appropriately.

Send recorded/signed for post.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Many thanks for replying so quick.

The information is really helpful and the letter will be sent of tomorrow.

Just one query though. I have been paying Motormile £10.00 by SO since March last year. I didnt notice this on statements until earlier this year when I then emailed then requesting who they were, and yep no reply so cancelled the SO thinking whoever it is would soon contact me and sure enough they have. I have definitely never received any notification from them stating they have been assigned the account nor received any letters informing me of charges or interest being applied. So will the quote "As I have no knowledge of any alleged debt being transferred to MMF etc" still be OK to use as I have being paying them (albeit unawares) for 14 months.

I would be really miffed to give them any more money as I cant abide DCA having been burnt with Link in the past. I,m a bit more up to speed with their antics now and dont loose any sleep from their threats.

I have sent a letter to Mr Sands (as per your suggestions on other posts) but it has not been acknowledged which i,m not surprised about just the standard home visit letter.

thanks again for your speedy response

Marnie, I think you need to double check who you were paying the money to. From what I have seen MMF have not been so active in early 2012. As has been said if you borrowed 135 the amount to repay would have been in the region of 175

Thank you annie for the reply I'll double check but the SO was going to MMF.

Just a thought on the on the MMF situ. Going off subject slightly here, I have checked my credit files and there is no mention of any defaulted debt to either Wageday Advance nor to MMF ? is this correct ? If I have been paying £10.00 SO monthly to MMF shouldn,t they have been updating my credit file

Yes the should just careless & sloppy like all things they do, complain to Rob Sands, Compliance Director.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks Brig.

Get another letter off to them

Thx.

To be honest do you really want them to mark your credit file.

To be honest do you really want them to mark your credit file.

With considerable experience if MMF I'd rather be able to see what this bunch are up to!!

I suppose it depends on the state of your credit file. If it is moving towards clear or at least 3 years or over a new default would be a pain as would an arrangement to pay

Hi Annie/Brig.

Credit file is dire to be honest but if regular payments made surely they should update files. But if im honest I'd rather they didnt touch it either way now, and leave it as it is.

Sign in to follow this