Arrow/Shoosmiths claim form - old MBNA card debt NI

Weejon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

dx100uk yes that is correct...N125

Sorry I didn't specify...It's with the court costs added that brings it to over £3000.

I did receive a claim pack..I was late on opening it.

With it being a Saturday I lodged my dispute online with the generic statue barred comments and phoned the court on the Monday..

thankfully they have took my dispute as priority as shoosmiths had not lodged a default decree yet.

Court says keep a better eye on your post and look out for your court date.

This is what I am looking to get prepared with.

yes that is correct...N125

Sorry I didn't specify...It's with the court costs added that brings it to over £3000.

So is it Small Claims or a Civil Bill  what have they expressed ?

Small claims

In general a small claim is one where the value to be claimed is not more than £3,000 and which does not relate to personal injuries, road traffic accidents, libel or slander, title to land, legacy or annuity or any property of a marriage.

If the total sum at issue between the same parties exceeds £3,000, the claimant must either:

• proceed by abandoning any amount due over £3,000 (this will be expressly noted)
  • issue a civil bill in the County Court for a full hearing (up to £30,000)

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Definitely small claims.

I have printed off CCA request and DSAR and will be posting a CCA and DSAR to arrow and a DSAR to MBNA first thing tommorrow.

I can't see the DSAR being returned by the court date tho as I believe it all moves quite fast over here.

I have issues about sending any DCA your signature

however in this case as its statute barred it does really matter

if you click SAR

and read all the posts there

I would include a CTAX copy

you only have to prove who/where you are today 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I never actually sign anything. No legal reason why you must or should, its just a convention. No point giving them any ammo to fire back at you.

You could put some XXXXs if you like, it wouldn't make a scrap of difference. 🤣

I just end a letter:

yours, blah.

noomill060

(Note gap where you would sign a letter normally)

Update.

So I received my court date. Any evidence from both sides needs to be sent to the courts and opposing sides 10 days before the court date.

No defense to file so this is where things differ from the rest of the UK.

Would bank statements be enough evidence to prove my statue barred case?

It would but you'd have to do so much redacting as no way should you even show those to a claimant. Gives away far too much other data.

for want of clarification..it's for the claimant to prove a debt is not statute barred..not for a defendant to prove its not.

i have had one scottish claim like this.

i refused to let the fleecers in court see the statements and told the sheriff i was more than happy for him to view them privately.

he agreed and got may complete folder of every statement from 1982 till that date (2015) some 600 pages.

after a short recess!!..he ask me one further question..did i have any other ways of funding that i might of used..i said yes..he said what types..i said 2 other banks accounts of which both were joint and that i was not comfortable with disclosing the other party 's personal spending ..but had them and would disclose the statements if requested.

He asked was the paperwork as comprehensive as the one currently with him..i said yes..he said that will not be required you are under oath i take your word with a smile..

absolvitor issued..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thats a very valid point.

This is the only instruction on the letter.

If I don't send proof of no payment to them then surely I could not use that as evidence in court.

Also any ideas how a bundle of evidence should be presented?

20191212_223833.jpg

Edited by Weejon

On 30th April 2012 the respondent defaulted on the terms of the credit card at which stage there was an outstanding balance of 3400.

On 21st Jun 2012 this debt was assigned to arrow global Guernsey Ltd.

Notice of the above assignment was issued to the respondent at the relevant time.

As a result of the above assignment any balance that remains due by the respondent arising out of the above mentioned credit card is now properly due to the applicant.

Following post default credits this balance has been reduced to 2900.

Please note that the customer last made a payment of 1.00 on 12th Dec 2014.

……..

30/03/12 balance £3400

20/10/19 balance £2900

---------

£500

so an exact round £500...strange that

even stranger that before 12/12/2014 ''post default credits' reduced the balance by exactly £499 ...note they do not use the word payments.

but they do when referring to the £1 

what date is the hearing?

and they

look at the timeline in the poc carefully.

the a/c was defaulted 30th april

the A/C was not sold till 21st june, some 2mts later

I would suggest the £499 was refund of interest or charges or WHY from the OC, hence the different wording

to the phantom £1 payment some further 6mts later they claim by you.

the MBNA SAR will most probably clarify the 1st part and should be arriving well in time for your bundle exchange

at that time 2012 -14 were you ever aware of what questioning a debt was all about ?? or were involved in any other debt whereby you used a CCA request etc or were in any kind of debt management etc etc.. we don't have old thread history to guess your background.

and they

They claim £1 payment was paid in 2014. I have bank statements going back to December 2012. They show no payments to the debt. Or even for any payments of £1. This is the only account I have held.

I have never used a cca request before and this is my first dealing with this type of thing. Never went into a debt management plan. 

I went onto the electoral register at my new address and then a shoosmiths letter arrived about a month later regarding this.

great stuff.

await the CCA/SAR returns

sit on yours hands for now, but continue your research here on CAG.

there are 100's of either 

arrows card claimform.

or shoos or shoosmith claimform

threads here

use our custom google search box which comes up after hitting the top squares logo for above

wont hurt to read as many as you can.

and they