@Kutchenhaus Kitchens - Returning 'Free' Appliances

sirhc_sorg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Advice please!

I have had a new kitchen fitted that includes appliances bought with 'credits'. The more I spent on kitchen units, the more 'credits' I got to spend on said appliances.

Since being fitted we have an appliance that has never worked.

I have given Kutchenhaus plenty of chance to come and fix it or replace it (4 months) but it still isn't working.

Having enough of it, I want to return it, but Kutchenhaus say that because all the appliances are not 'bought' there is no monetary value.

Are they right?..... or should i expect a refund on the cost of the item had i bought it separately from the kitchen unit?

Total rubbish!!

Did you inform them it was faulty within 30 days of installation

Even better if within 14 days

And ofcourse part or all ordered online?

Cra is your friend

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What does the Terms and Conditions of the Contract state ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Agree i think its rubbish!.... to answer DX100uk, they knew from fday one as it was thier installer who fitted it, and hasnt managed to get it to work.

The kitchen was bought from a Kutchenhaus show room.

I cant find anything specific to this issue in the T&C's.... i wondered if anybody had come accorss this and knew where i stood....  i wont be letting this go! grrrrrr!!!

It has nothing to do with terms and conditions and any attempt by them to exclude liability or to exclude your statutory rights simply because these were essentially gift items would be unenforceable.

Date the items were supplied?
Value of the items?
When did you draw this to the attention of the dealer? Please post any email/letter that you sent in respect of this.

As the items are defective, I would say that you would be entitled to claim the value of the items and you would not be obliged to accept credits. (This is a provisional view)

Incidentally, you say that you have given them "plenty of time"….

You do yourself no favours by giving dealers plenty of time. You should act as quickly as possible to take control and to get maximum advantage from your statutory rights. By giving a supplier "plenty of time" to remedy defects, you are simply giving ground.

I always think it's amazing that businesses which want to acquire a quality reputation for supplying quality products are prepared to throw it all away for the sake of poor quality customer service.

• Like 1

Their installer couldnt make it work!

Full refund.. No argument allowed

cra is clear on this

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• BankFodder changed the title to @Kutchenhaus Kitchens - Returning 'Free' Appliances

Thanks Bankfodder!

We got it fitted early september... the value will be around £800 as its not just the kit, the cupboard it sits in was modified to suit.

The fiiter was thiers, so they knew from day one it hasnt worked... they have tried to fix it with no luck!... the whole thing needs to be replaced, but frankly i dont want it now, it hasnt been worth the trouble!

What is "it"????

• Like 1

Sorry but I have no idea what that is. Most people have servants to open their fridges, don't they? I didn't realise you could get a gadget to do it instead – it must be a lot cheaper.

Please could you link me to one so that I can understand.

Also, please can you explain this system of credits. I've looked at the Kutchenhaus website and I don't see anything about this.

Hi Bankfodder.... here is a link to a vidoe...

The credit system is interesting, as is how Kutchenhaus price thier kitchens..... how it was explained to me was you buy hours in a factory..... each cupboard or worktop is given a set time to manufacture. When the kitchen is designed, a time allocation is given, say 8.5 hours..... but you can only buy full hours, so are charged for 9 hours.... so, you can get more things that fill in the 0.5 hour for 'free' or you can drop items to get back to 8 hours.

The appliacnces works in a simialar way. you dont 'buy' them, instead each cupboard or worktop you buy comes with credits. These cradits are used to buy appliances, and be anything you like, ovens, taps, dish washers etc. We had quite a large kitchen done, so had plenty of credits available, so used some on this fridge oponer.... its just a gadget TBH, but put a nice finishing touch!... that is if it ever works!!

What a convoluted system for giving credits. Is there anything in writing anywhere about this? Please link to it and also post it here.

The credit system as you describe it is even more clearly a "purchased/paid for" facility than a free gift or a free coupon.

Please can you provide more installation about the installation of this fridge opening system and what modifications were needed to your existing units.

Also, when they explained to you that the credits had no value, was this in writing or on the telephone? If you are using the telephone – do you record your calls? Have you read our customer services guide?

I expect that the answer is no to both questions. Please read our customer services guide, implement the advice there and then have further telephone conversations with them to get it all recorded.

I have to say that their position is just too stupid. There will be no difficulty in succeeding here – although if they really are stubborn then you may have to go to a county court where your chances of success will be better than 95%.
However we need to work out precisely what it is you will be able to claim for.

We need to know the value of the mechanism if you were to buy it. The extent of the modifications to existing units and the replacement value of them including installation. Any other expenses incurred or which would need to be incurred in order to restore the status quo. Please let us know if there is anything that comes to mind

By the way, can you tell us which outlet you are dealing with please. I see that they franchise their business out

• 1 month later...

There is much case law on this and it is a subject used for A level law

you buy a Tv and get a free radio, the radio doesnt work so you take it back.The store says tough, it was free but the reality is that the offer and consideration is not just for the TV but the package as a whole.

Should have made you life easier and told them to remove the entire kitchen at the end of the first month. they would have learnt a very expensive lesson then.

so your deal is buy say 5 cupboards and get a free fridge. that is easy enough to understand so that is what you worked out in your consideration of their offer.