• Tweets

• well ...... 1st you need to go back to post 1 and carefully read ALL this thread from the start again and pay attention to the advice and the undertones it explains about 'debt'.   2nd ...the truth is you owe no-one ANYTHING, the OC wrote off and sold the debt, and got most of it back against tax and business insurance schemes ...throw the morality card out the window...the OC did by selling the debt on for <10p=£1. and the DCa want the full balance ...id so many fools stopped paying powerless DCA's tomorrow, the whole industry would collapse overnight.   3rd the only reason this is still around your neck is because you failed to follow given advice...had you ..it would now be statute barred.      ^^^ very important research the M+S credit card debacle using our enhanced google searchbox on this page   as for the PAPLOC reply,   D.. desipte a previous CCA requests, the claimant has yet to supply any/all of the required paperwork.   i: delete [CC is attached to this reply form]"   
    • Hi again   Yes, it's been a lovely day weather wise.   Guess you've better things to do with weather like today than help with this problem, so thanks very much for your input, it's very much appreciated.   Late this afternoon I did receive a reply from the tenants, and they are asking me to go 50/50 with getting the garden sorted, not only that, as they have moved away they are expecting me to get the quotes.   Regarding you view on this issue, its so easy not to see the whole picture and my thoughts that the staining damp may be of their own doing didn't occur to me as I was so locked into the historical leak. Taking a closer look at the room in question today, I'm convinced that they are trying it on with the stained mattress- they did mail through a picture and then a receipt for supposedly the mattress. My wife and I then took both the pic and receipt to the bedding store where purchase was made to ask if the two married up, the picture does not show any emblems/manufactures logo or such to prove that this is the case, so we are none the wiser- our thoughts being that the stained mattress is from elsewhere.   A few days back I spoke to our letting agent regarding all of this, as was quite correctly mentioned there are two parts to this equation, namely the mattress and then the property.   Our agents mentioned to me that as an inventory was not carried out initially with the let, (hindsight) the pictures that were used to advertise the property could not be used as evidence to present to the TDS to be compared to the pictures now as there is no proof that the advertising pictures were in fact how the property was when the let started. I mentioned that all digital pictures have a means of finding when that pic was taken- Geo tag/Metadata- agent was quite surprised by this. The agents thoughts then went for a hide in a vacuum-   This is going off at a tangent here-many moons ago my wife studied computer science at a local University, one of her classmates who she is still in touch with is now a practising Solicitor. My wife suggested that maybe I give her a call, a bit rude I guess, but I did  phone and with the pleasantries out the way  I asked for her opinion of the best way to get this sorted. Her remit isn't landlord type stuff, however she will speak to a colleague on Monday and come back to me.   The property is due to be relet on the 21st, we will ensure that the new tenants move in to a home that is immaculate and welcoming, trouble is its getting a tadge close to get the garden issues sorted in time.   I know that all this will get closure in the end, but at the moment I've had more fun with a toothpick-   Again, many thanks.
    • The collection is currently stored at curator James Blower's home, but he has now found a space situated in an old bank premises where he hopes to exhibit them from this autumn or early next year. View the full article
    • In a letter sent to customers in the past few days, the bank has said that 'following a review', rates on two mainstream instant access accounts will be slashed to 0.05 per cent from August 12. View the full article
    • Thank you dx. Understood not to send for another CCA. I've had a read through note #2, my first time seeing anything like this. Thank you for bearing with my questions! When ticking box D, "I dispute this debt because"..recommended reason as advised from your thread, what reason should I use? (The truth is I do owe some money from way back, it was originally 5K, interest saw it go up to 11K (so unfair), and I paid 2K get it down to £9k (as currently owed)) in my eyes, I only owe £3K.  Id rather not pay anything as my ex-wife (who wasn't in her name) spent it! When ticking box I, "I have requested by way of a cca request the signed agreement from the debt purchaser [CC is attached to this reply form]" who is this, would this be Arrow? When I've filled in the PAP reply form, i'll send it off first thing Monday morning.  What happens then, I just wait, what happens if it goes past 12 days with the CCA, or 30 days with these documents? Many thanks  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Claiming old charges with contractual interest

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all. Starting a new thread on the journey to reclaim my very old charges. The story so far. After chasing Barclays for almost 18 months and with days to go before a court hearing they handed over m

don't forget the shelley and martin2006 threads 

Restitution..until they settle

Posted Images

Still nothing from the courts. No orders. Am I at risk of getting a CCJ? It's been 2 weeks now.

Depends whether the court awards them Summary Judgment or simply struck your claim out...but they will get judgment on their costs.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Very confused at this stage. At the application hearing the judge said he would order the claim is struck out with no realistic chance of being successful and that he would order they get costs. Then BC solicitors and the judge spend ages going over their costs, I never got a final figure. The call ended and I have no idea what I am expected to do. Two weeks seems a long time. Or does this go back to the courts for another judgement on the main claim?

No your claim is finished......I assume that the final General Order is being finalised (Costs)...lets hope he didn't award them SJ.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I'm thinking of raising a complaint about the deputy judge afterwards. I felt he was incredibly biased against me as a LIP. He had a running banter with the counsel and kept ignoring, dismissing and deflecting everything I brought up. When I went over things like the OFT decision from 2006, he ignored the content interrupted and barked at me "Oh so you admit you knew about this back in 2006". He focussed more on handling of credit 20 years ago than the points of law I was trying to bring up. At the end of the call, when he was closing, he chuckled and asked counsel if they thought I was still on the line. It was a horrible experience.

Wait until you get your Notice and then consider your options from there.

I received the General Form of Judgement or Order this morning. 

It is ordered that

1. The claim is summarily dismissed pursuant to CPR R24.2 on the basis that is has no real prospect of success and/or struck out pursuant to CPR R3.4(2)(a) there being no reasonable grounds to bring it.

2. The Claimant shall within 28 days of the Order pay the Defendant's costs of the Defendant's application summarily assessed in the sum of £XXXX (such figure to be adjusted for VAT by deducting the percentage which the Defendant might be able to recover over the course of its trading).

So no judgment against you...dismissed your claim but did not award Summary judgment to the defendant. 

25 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

So no judgment against you...dismissed your claim but did not award Summary judgment to the defendant. 

Sorry being thick, what does that mean? 

Your post #127.....

Am I at risk of getting a CCJ?

As above. The court as only awarded a costs order.

The wording has me a little confused as to the final amount I need to pay. Should I be expecting an updated total to reflect their VAT?

I don't know without seeing the actual order.....why not scan redact and upload a copy.....removes all the guess work then.:wink:

Okay.....Well I assume your not VAT registered so its not applicable to you...if you were then you would be able to offset it against your returns,

Then you can reduce the costs amount by the VAT  amount that your entitled to reclaim. ( if it contains a VAT element)

Hi mate,

just so you know, I’m happy to throw £10 at this ruddy thing if it helps - perhaps others might want to do the same? I have been emotionally invested in this for a long time. Could easily have been me.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok BC's solicitors have given me their final figure, it's less than on the court order and bank details. The court order said I needed to pay it within 28 days. This is coming up on Friday this week I think.

What happens if I am unable to pay in in one go? Will they be able to send in bailiffs? Will it go on my credit record? 

Its possible to execute it...ring them up and agree a payment plan...no it wont go on your credit files.

Will do.

I've prepared a complaint about the deputy district judge. Likely won't go anywhere, but needs to be recorded how prejudiced he came across.

Likely won't go anywhere,

Sure.... as eggs are eggs.