GDPR advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm looking for some GDPR advice. I went through Tenant referencing 2yrs ago for a property I was moving too. I received a reference from my landlord that wasn't exactly glowing, but his comments were disputed by me. Despite this, I was accepted for the property. 

Now, I'm moving again and have had to use the same tenant referencing company. They have again used the old reference to make a decision, as well as the latest one. When I asked them why previous references were being used they said it was policy to include previous information. When I asked how long they use old references for, they replied saying unfortunately it always carries over.

Surely this is a breach of GDPR as they can't keep information about me indefinitely can they? As far as I was aware information should only be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes of which it was processed.

Can anyone advise please?

Just to add, my latest reference was good, so my issue is that they're always going to fail me based the old reference, but that reference was supplied for the purpose of the 1st referencing.