001L

Issue with Packlink ***Resolved***

Hi,

I sold a leather jacket on EBay and selected Packlink (Hermes) as the delivery method.

I have contacted Hermes, they looked into the matter and said their courier delivered it.

The courier provided a photo of where he left it.

I sent this to the recipient of the parcel and she said that was not her address.

She contacted her neighbours and was not able to find the parcel.

Hermes asked me to contact Packlink.

I have completed a Packlink claims form and submitted photo ID of the recipient along with her signed declaration that she did not receive the parcel.

I sent the claims form on 23rd October.

I have repeatedly chased up the claims team by email but have not had a reply from them.

I do not know what to do next.

Do you have any advice for me?

Many thanks.

We seem to be getting a spate of claims in respect of Packlink recently. Although the contracts are with them, the errors are being made by Hermes. The problem with Packlink as far as you are concerned is that they are in Spain and that means that they are out of the jurisdiction of the British County Courts.

I think it will be much easier to make a complaint against Hermes. That isn't straightforward either and Hermes have got a pretty bad reputation for respecting customer rights once things go wrong.

Please will you tell us whether you are a private eBay seller or a trader. What was the value of the jacket?

You may well be obliged to threaten and then to begin a county court claim. Are you prepared to do this?

Hi,

I am a private eBay seller.

I sold the jacket for £42.25.

It is not worth my time to start a county court claim for this amount of money

it is extremely annoying that Packlink and Hermes are likely to get away with this.

Thats what they hope you'll do..give up

They're following the example of ebay/pp by running away out of jurisdiction of our laws.

Pers i think its time the users simply .. 

remove all payment methods from pp,

let the recipient raise a none delivered item dispute

Let pp refund them

Then simply ignore pp

There is nothing they can do

Dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

If it's only £42 then I would suggest that you attack Hermes and we can almost guarantee (almost guarantee) that they will put their hands up. You may have to issue the claim for £25 but it won't go very much further than that. Even if it did go to a hearing, the chances of you succeeding are better than 90%, in my view.

You are a private eBay seller and that means that if a case was allocated to a court it would be to your local court and that means Hermes would have to instruct a representative to attend that court with all of the inconvenience and expense that would incur. Because this would be a small claim, they would be unable to recover any costs from you in the event that they won the case – except for their reasonable costs of travel.

In the event that you win, you will be able to recover all of your court fees, your reasonable costs of travel, your £42 plus interest.

I would begin immediately by sending Hermes a letter of complaint, outlining what has happened and giving them seven days to respond. After that I would send them a letter of claim doing them 14 days to pay you your money or else you will sue them in the County Court for your money, fees, interest – and without any further notice.

We will help you all the way. It will be a valuable learning exercise for you. You will acquire transferable skills and you will have confidence in suing lots of other businesses whenever they set out to dominate you with unfair practices.
It's a no-brainer!

OK, thanks for the advice. I will let you know how I get on.

I sell about 100 items a month on eBay and started using Packlink despite its awful user interface.

I had my first lost item and from the get go they tried to defect anything, after I screenshot their own booking process saying that I was covered and made them aware that my contract was with them as a broker and not with MyHermes they changed their minds and issued me with a claims form to get my money back.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.packlink.com?languages=en&stars=1

Hopefully I can link this here, I would advise posting a review to add to the ever growing list of 1 star reviews.

• Like 1

Today I got a refund of £25 from Packlink. I have also submitted a claim form with Hermes, as you suggested.

It pays to be tenacious.

Thanks for your advice.

• Like 1

Well done thread title updated.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread