Parker Prestige car sales Richmond

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Parker Prestige Car sale in Richmond Yorkshire.

I bought a BMW M5 from Parker prestige on 11th February 2019. 

I notified them of the major faults with the car on 25th February. 

The car also had cheap chinese fake alloy wheels instead of genuine BMW alloys.

I waited until 22nd June for them to repair the faults and replace the fake alloy wheels and they wouldnt..

I then proceeded to reject the Car from Parker Prestige for unfit for purpose, not as described.

I am still waiting for my money back. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

bmwfakealloys.png

• BankFodder changed the title to Parker Prestige car sales Richmond

Has there been any written exchange?

Although you have contractual rights anyway, under the Consumer Rights Act you have additional rights to reject the vehicle or to insist on a repair and saying that refund. However this has to be done within the first six months and in writing. Have you done this?

Please will you tell us what the faults are.

Are you still using the vehicle?

Have you obtained any quotations from anybody else to carry out the work and also to replace the wheel rims?

Presumably you inspected the car before you bought it. Is it obvious that the rims are fake Chinese? If it's not obvious then how did you discover it? If it is obvious then why didn't you notice it at the time of the purchase?

Hello. 

I have rejected the car in writing.

I beleive i am still in my short term right to reject 30 days, as the faults were reported with 10 days and have not been repaired. The major fault was the pedestrian collision warning light saying not to drive car. 

No the car cannot be driven as the fault hasnt been repaired .

I have uploaded a picture of the wheels. 

They are presented as genuine BMW alloys with BMW logo on them. Therefore any reasonable person would assume them to be genuine. Please bear in mind i paid £26K for this car.

Matt

The right to reject the vehicle has to be asserted in writing and as far as I understand the statute, you have to refer to that particular right.

These would you post up in PDF format, a copy of the rejection letter that you send them. You haven't told us the date you sent it. Although you have told us that you reported the faults, it's not clear that you asserted your short-term right to reject.

I understand from you that you have not been driving the vehicle since 25 February. Is this correct? Will the mileage confirm that?

You haven't told us anything about any responses from them. Please will you tell us about the exchange between you.

Have you had any independent quotations or assessments of the repair work needed – including the cost of replacing the rims?

Also please can you tell us a bit more about the car – the year, mileage, and price paid

I'm also going to say that I don't particularly understand why you have waited for so long – we are now almost in December so we are approaching a year since you purchased the car and pretty soon after that that you discover the faults

Please will you address all the questions I'm putting to. Otherwise we won't be able to give you the help that you need

The Car is a 2013 BMW M5. Costing £26k.

The BMW dealership in Bristol has confirmed that the alloys are fake and provided a quote for £4000 to replace. 

The car is subject also to a finance agreement with Santander consumer finance aswell. (I have already copied them into the rejection)

The car was declared sorn in june and the log book has been sent back.

Is the finance agreement an HP agreement or a loan?

You haven't told us anything more about the exchange with Parker Prestige. You also haven't told us about the cost of repairing the light problem

Also, as it was SORN in June, does that mean that it was driven until that time? Once again, how much mileage did you put on to the vehicle before you stopped driving it?

Matt, it's a bit difficult because I keep on asking you questions and you don't address them and I have to ask them again.

I've asked you about the finance deal.
I've asked you about the diagnosis of the warning light.
I've asked you about the mileage that you put on.
I've asked you about the exchange that you had with the dealer.
I've asked you to post up your letter of rejection in PDF format.

We give extremely good quality help here and we do it for free. If you were paying a solicitor £300 an hour, you would probably answer the questions pretty quickly in order to save yourself money.