HBOS Marbles Card - Unpaid & Lost PPI Plevin Cheques

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

you mean your pre action protocol letter regarding the PPI claim you intend to make?

you've got me confused here?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unable to upload letter as PC just went down. Typed as per letter

I am contacting you about the PPI concerns raised.

We have not yet finished our investigation into your complaint. I am grateful for your patience while we complete our review.

NEXT STEPS

We expect to write to you with our final decision within the next 8 weeks. We are sorry for the delay.

FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN SERVICE.

As it has been 8 weeks since you contacted us about your concerns you have the right to refer your case to the FOS. The Ombudsman offers a free independent review service. You can find more information on the back of this page and on the enclosed leaflet.

If you have any questions please get in touch. You can call us on 01244 698 298 or write to us at the address at the top of this letter. (Leeds) please quote xxxxxxxx xxx

Yours sincerely 

Sean Quins

Customer Services Operations Director

The back of the letter refers to FOS and Legal Ombudsman service

Yes your ppi reclaim is against marbles

Poss hbos

Or if a newer one will be newday ltd

Cant see why a sols is involved

You cant easily raise a court claim in the uk you are in asia!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dx.

Yes I can file a claim and have.

I have the claim number.

I have done all the leg work and have been rejected. Twice.

Once by NewDay in 2015 who were a bit slow advising g the CMC that was making the claim and was unable to go to the FOS as Newday rejected as out of time

I April 2018 l sent a PAP letter to Leeds and I received the letter I typed above in June 2018 stating I could go via the FOS

I held off for a while giving them a chance to reply but eventually went to the FOS which again was refused due to Iinitial complaint being rejected in Oct 2018.

I had no response to the PAP Letter except the above.

There has been no mention by either Leeds or the FOS that Marbles no longer existed therefore in Jan 2019 I issued my claim.

I have a claim number and had a fee exemption

• 7 months later...

Hi

I was awarded £871.16 Plevin redress for Marbles MasterCard in October 2018 but these cheques never arrived. Still have not arrived and now want payment as i am in a spot of financial trouble. FOS are not helping one little bit and neither are he BoS Despite three letters attempting to get payment.

I have poof that it has been awarded and proof that they have not been presented. 

How can I get them to sort this out without any court battle as this was awarded by the bank itself.

Many thanks for any help

Well it seems to me that your position should be that the cheques were never sent to you. Do you have any evidence from BeOS that they were sent to you?

I hope you don't mind me asking why on earth you have waited for an entire year to start sorting this out.

I think you should contact BeOS, tell them that despite the ruling by the FOS in October 2018 they have failed to comply and you will be taking action in the County Court to enforce the FOS decision +8% interest plus your costs in 14 days and without any further notice.

Only make this threat if you intend to go ahead with it. I really don't understand why you waited 12 months

You will need this: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n322a-application-to-enforce-an-award

Bank Fodder

This did not come to light until April as I knew nothing about it until I issued a Court summons to Marbles for PPI in January 2019.

The defence Lawver said that he was waiting for instructions to make an electronic payment as I only have Transferwise account.

I was then stuffed by the Lawyer as I issued the claim against a non entity. 

However their defence states that there was a letter sent to me on 17th October 2018 and that cheques were sent to me on 31st October 2018 which both failed to arrive and I have the email stating that the cheques have not been presented.

As I live in S E Asia I wanted the FOS to deal with this as I had no contact names or telephone numbers and since June I have sent the complsint three times as requested and about 8 requests for an update but have hit a brick wall with no responses.

I have also complained via the BOS Web about this on 15 October and received nothing and again twice more since with no reaction.

numerous threads merged for complete history of this card.

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to hbos Final Response = Is There A Time Limit To Use FOS After

If I have to take court action who do I issue it to.

Bank of Scotland, HSBC, HBOS or Joint and several as this was a Marbles Credit Card

Also Bank Fodder, this was awareded by the Bank not through a court

This is a draft of the letter I will send on Monday

I find that I have to write to you again with reference to a Marbles Plevin Redress which was purportedly notified to me on the 17th October 2018 and cheques sent to me on October 31st 2018.

This redress is against the following account numbers HFC Bank Limited (a subsidiary of HSBC) on the 12 May 2004 under account number xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx (the agreement).

The agreement and the PPI policy was acquired by HSBC on or around October 2007 and was given agreement number xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx and was subsequently transferred to the HBOS system around  February 2009 (subsequently xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

On the 17 th October a letter was sent detailing that the claim was upheld and that two cheques had been sent. HSBC Redress totaling £481.44 after tax paid of £49.79 and HBOS Redress totaling £389.72 after tax deducted of £108.64. Neither of these letters or the cheques were received and was confirmed by your Lawyer [email protected] late April 2019 that neither had they been presented and therefore out of date. A request was made for an electronic payment to the following account

Transferwise
Sort Code xx.xx.xx
Account xxxxxxxx

I was informed by you Lawyer that he was waiting for instructions

Despite the ruling by the FOS in October 2018 you have failed to comply and I will be taking action in the County Court to enforce the FOS decision +8% interest plus your costs in 10 days and without any further notice.

Edited by Queens_king
Addnl info

Who sent the cheque?

and they

dx100 ...

It says that one is from HSBC and the other from HBOS. But I see that they are both owned by Bank of Scotland

They have not sent it to me here in Philippines as the addresses I have had here are all family and they would have passed it on, the only thought I have is they have posted it to my old UK address which was sold 6 years ago and they were aware of it as I hae had letters from Marbles at the addresses here.

hsbc and hbos have no links

hbos is bos

what is the 16 digit card number 

send it via a pm message.

and they

1st card number is an HFC Marbles mastercard - HFC existed till 2007

they were merged into HSBC hence the new card number. 2nd card number

some old Marbles branded accounts were then sold to HBOS 2009 3rd number

newday acquires the marbles brand - relaunches the cardname and acquires all existing marbles cards from HBOS

and they

Thanks for the info but if needed who do I send the claim to. The last letter I received reference to Marbles came from Bank of Scotland in June 2018. It seems that they are mudding the water to stop paying me.

This was awarded in Oct 2018 prior to my PPI claim in Jan 2019 that fell apart (lack of postal service here in Albay) and at the time I had no idea that Marbles were no longer a legal entity. The Plevin payment came out of the blue from the Lawyers defence of this PPI claim.

I am banging my head against a brick wall with FOS since June and have also made an official complaint to the FOS about no action or updates. The lawyer Andre.lopes@***solicitors.com doesn't want to provide any further info even though he says he was waiting for clients instructions to pay by FPS. The BOS customer services don't have a clue a d have never responded.

Edited by Queens_king
spelling. Albay not Albany

• 1 month later...

so we are sorted then??

and they