Vodafone bill issue

JR332
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been living in an ongoing nightmare for over a year now after Vodafone didn't credit a payment i made of £1060 to my account

Just before Christmas 2017 I had a call from Vodafone, the sales guy kept tempting me until I agreed on getting a contract I couldn't afford and didn't need.

Few months after I couldn't keep up with the payments

I called them and explained and they said all they could do is put the account on hold for a month.

Few months later I managed to get help from family to pay my outstanding balance and bring the account up to date. The outstanding balance was £1060 which I called and paid.

They then reconnected my services but.. they didn't credit that payment to my account so my bill was showing £1060 but all my services were reconnected. I called them about the issue over 10 times and every time they said the issue should be solved in few days but it never did.

After a month my new bill was ready and it was £1060 plus the amount due for that month . I called them again and they said that as I called them over 3 times about the same issue I don't need to contact them again and they will be in contact with me if needed.

I stopped contacting them and every month the bill was growing showing £1060 plus all the bills generated after I brought the account up to date but my line was never disconnected even though I wasn't making any payments because my bill was very high and incorrect.

Earlier this year my original contract with Vodafone the one I had before they tempted me into getting the one I couldn't afford came to end,  I called them to say that I don't want it to be renewed.

A week later all services were disconnected and I received a bill of nearly £3000.

I called them and explained about that payment that was never credited and how I wasn't able to pay because every month the bill was incorrect and very high and they said they will fix it

. I called after 2 weeks to check and they said i now own them only £300 so I paid everything I had which was £180 and they said they will add the rest to my next bill. They then reconnected the line.

After a week the line was disconnected and my account was deleted.

I called them and they said they can't see any payment made on the account other than the £180 and I owe them £2500 and they completely have no record of my £1060 payment and asked for the reference number the payment usually should show on your bank statement but the  payment they took oFf me only says "Vodafone UK" 

I'm losing the will to live, can someone help?

Thank you

We would be very happy to to help you and to try and give you advice about your problem but I'm afraid that you have posted your story in a large unbroken block of text which is very difficult to read and discourages anybody who might otherwise give you enthusiastic support.

Please would you you repost your story but properly spaced and punctuated so that it is easy for us to read. This will encourage people to come and give assistance

Post spaced for you.

I would be sending them an sar

And ensure you have statements from your bank too for the same period and then p'haps complain to the ceo

But get your info 1st

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

very much so

but get the info FIRST as advise above

the CEO email is already here in numerous Vodafone threads

and also at ceoemail.com

and they

Email......do you think they have the right to charge you and misappropriate your payments ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Do you think that I can argue that they shouldn't ask me to pay anything because I wasn't getting correct bills and because of there inability to fix the issue through all of those months I ended up with this problem?

Thank you for all your replies and help much appreciated and thank you dx100uk for fixing my post

13 minutes ago, JR332 said:

Do you think that I can argue that they shouldn't ask me to pay anything because I wasn't getting correct bills and because of there inability to fix the issue through all of those months I ended up with this problem?

Absolutely...and compensation for possibly trashing your credit files.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

in some instances we've seen £1000 per wrong entry.

but you also need to factor in if the default [I will guess they have recorded a defaulted date in the summary?] has prevented you from attaining credit and/or credit at an affordable int rate.

there are numerous Vodafone threads here to read and understand your options and what other people did and the results they got.

simply use our search top right 

and they

• 1 month later...

Vodaphone UK HQ see their website

And you've taken more than a month to even think about doing something..

and they

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally managed to send the SAR to Vodafone house, the connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG142FN 

I couldn't do it any earlier because of work and illness and not having a printer

I hope they don't don't send it to my old address although I'm sure they have my new address as they have sent me collection letters to it

Does your request not contain your current address ?

Then they wont send it to your old address :biggrin:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I believe if you click sar and read...it says 1 month..

and they

ring and ask where is my sar?

dx.

and they