BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder

Bollocks to Brexit!!

Of course if you asked this policeman – PC 2512 – to deal with some kind of assault or fraud or something, he would probably tell you that it was a "civil matter".

Bravo!

• Like 1

They didn't tell the Lib Dems to remove it from their Euro Elections Campaign 

7518.jpg

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

@EssexPoliceUK

Two anti-Brexit campaigners say they were pulled over on to the hard shoulder of the M25 and told by police to remove a slogan from their car.

Passenger Peter Cook said the officer was "extremely aggressive" towards them over the phrase "bollocks to Brexit".

"He said it [the slogan] was a public order offence, he insisted we remove the signage on the hard shoulder of the M25," said Mr Cook.

Essex Police said the force was trying to establish what happened.

Mr Cook said the officer stopped them on the motorway near Brentwood at 14:30 GMT on Sunday.

He said the policeman repeatedly shouted at him and the driver during the 40 minutes they were pulled over and "bullied" them into removing part of the slogan.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-essex-50544243

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

i didn't know free speech had been curtailed in Essex..

to demand the removal..someone has to have complained they find it offensive

but it's not specifically toward anyone..dream on Golf Delta.

just because the pc was butthurt ..is no reason.

the problem is the wording of various bits of public order legislton brought in by Tony Blair. The words or actions dont have to be offensive, likey to cause a breach of the peace etc but merely have caused someone to be in fear of something so absolutely ideal for snowflakes and the authorities like the police and local councils to abuse.

Is the word offensive? that was considered in the trial over the Sex Pistols album title and cover and the answer is it isnt as the word bollocks has several meanings so would the police have acted in the same way if (a) it was John Bercow driving or (b) the slogan said rubbish to brexit?

I think we should be told as it used to say in Private Eye.

I am a brexiteer BTW so it cant be said my comments are some sort of mutual admiration but I am a fan of ridicule and loved it when the audience gave proper belly laughs at the prospective PM's answers to questions  on telly. All of those on the stump should be forced to answer to such questions rather than the weak efforts of most TV interviewers. would they refuse to return to the studio if they couldnt hack it? that would be a nice thought.

Your police commissioner should be forced to answer for the officer's actions rather than being allowed to put out some anodyne statement but it wont happen. Many years ago I sat on a Parish Council in a town that had no police presence and the powers of that council allowed us to sack the chief constable so we did. They just reinstated hi the same day and changed the law to prevent an epidemic of democracy from breaking out and infecting others.