BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I agree with the guys, funeral expenses first. This is a website I used when I was dealing with probate for my mother and my OH found it useful too. If you scroll down a bit, there's a list of priorities in order. Barclays can't change that.   https://www.bereavementadvice.org/topics/probate-and-legal/insolvent- estates/   And another one from the government's Money Advice Service, scroll dow to Step 3.   https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/dealing-with-the-debts-of-someone-who-has-died   HB
    • The 'test, test, test' call from WHO specifically applies to just ''suspected cases'' and those who recently had contact with confirmed cases. WHO isn't calling for speculative testing.   I assume Prof Tobyjug is referring to a PCR test but as testing the entire nation for anything is a fantasy it doesn't matter much.
    • The Three-Body Problem https://www.amazon.co.uk/Three-Body-Problem-Cixin-Liu-ebook/dp/B00S8FCJCQ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3C1EMC34CA27V&dchild=1&keywords=3+body+problem&qid=1586240421&sprefix=3+bo%2Caps%2C229&sr=8-1      
    • I don’t see some users posts, but since they’ve been quoted .........   I agree (in parts) with 2 contributors postings.   WHO says “test, test, test”, so more tests ARE key. That is part agreeing with one contributor.   I also agree with cjcregg. One has to understand the limitations of a test : (sensitivity, specificity and its positive and negative predictive values - which involves sensitivity / specificity AND prevalence!).   One also has to understand which test, to apply those limitations. a) RNA NAAT? (Commonly called PCR, though PCR is a tradename, so ‘PCR’ is to ‘NAAT’ like ‘Hoover’ is to ‘vacuum cleaner’) b) Antigen testing? c) Antibody testing? (If so, IgM? IgG? Both??)   Knowing which test(s), their limitations, and thus what the result actually MEANS is more important than a blanket statement of “test everyone!”, (and repeatedly ??! ) .... especially as it allows prioritisation of who gets what test to maximise benefit, until “testing for all” is more than a pipe-dream .....   Would you repeat a positive IgG test? If so, in what circumstances??
    • Just out of interest, how long did it take you to formulate this conclusion? I'm not looking for a particularly accurate answer, just round it up to the nearest nano second.    How is this going to work then?   Where are the medical personnel and laboratory staff required to undertake this massive project going to come from? Now this is just a stab in the dark but I'd imagine they'd be quite busy at the moment.   Even South Korea, who are recognised as having one of the most aggressive testing policies have only managed to test 1% of their population. You clearly have no conception as to the scale of what you're proposing.   Even if it was possible to plan, organise and execute it would take years to achieve, by which time all the data would have been redundant and completely meaningless. I was tested last week and it took 2 days for the result, which by the time I received it was already out of date as I was then and now just as likely to be infected as I was when I took the test.   Think about it.    
  • Our picks

GoldenGoose

ADCB/Moriarty claimform - UAE debt ***Claim Discontinued***

Just received the Notice of Transfer of Proceedings(N271), wait to hear from local courts now with Judges directions.

Hi,

Just received the attached today, I guess this is normal?

Are the particulars the claimants statement or the documents I requested?

I assume I do nothing at this stage?

If what has been sent to me is all they have, I cant imagine its going to go far.

General Form.pdf

The judge has ordered that they file and serve full particulars of claim because their initial particulars on the claim form is insufficient...if they dont respond by the date stated their claim will be struck out.

Nothing for you to do except cross your fingers and keep your eye on that date (11th March) :biggrin:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andyorch, fingers crossed they don't have anything more to offer!!

If struck out is that it all finished and no come backs?

They can represent it again with a better particulars...but they have to pay a further fee.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

OK thanks for the info, have a great weekend, and thanks once again for continued support.

Hi Guys,

Just got home to find our friends have sent me a notice of Discontinuance instructed by The Claimant.

YEY

:biggrin: I take it they didn't like my defence...well done GG topic title updated

Regards

Andy

Can’t thank you And DX enough, amazing result 

Is it likely they could come back for round 2 or do I just wait and see???

feels like a massive weight has gone

If it was struck out as per post # 153...possibly but because they have Discontinued of their own volition ...very unlikely.

Enjoy .......

:cheer2:

a very important win

there are numerous others here with the same POC.

time for a donation ...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Just made another small donation guys, I will make another end of the month for all your help its no where near enough but I will do what I can to help.

Thanks again and keep up the great support