BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi Honeybee, Yes admitted to being the driver, I am the only person who drives the vehicle and I do use the road in question regularly, so mostly likely it was me.   I have never been asked to produce my licence and insurance at a police station.  I was not stopped so everything is paper based through the post, at no point I have been told to produce anything until the charge letter.
    • I've complied this draft letter. What are your thoughts?. Can they during this time put anything in place to get any court proceedings so i would have to travel to Wales?. Check out the Compton Group LTD who are their litigation team. Thanks and good morning. 20th letter dtw pdf.pdf
    • I'm trying to work this out as I go along. The first thing to do is to think about this not as a car – but simply as a £value. This is especially so as you have said that it is not a rare BMW. This means that you could purchase another one and it would mean just the same to you. You bought the car for £16,000 – and presumably that was the value you gave to the insurance when you bought the policy – is that correct? If that is the value you gave to the insurer then on my understanding of these things, that is the maximum you would be entitled to claim. This is the amount you got so although you lost the car (£16,000), it was fully replaced by the payment of £16,000 – minus, of course, the excess – but that was part of the deal anyway. I've looked at the RAC website for the meaning of the various categories - https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/buying-and-selling-guides/changes-to-insurance-write-off-categories/   I see that a Cat S means that there could be structural damage. Cat B means that the car must be broken for parts. You say you would like to get the car back because you consider that it can be repaired. Personally I think I would be very worried about this because if there has been one inspection which is rated it as a breaker and the second one rates it as having possible structural damage – but repairable – it seems to me that there is a huge risk involved. Supposing you got the car back and proceeded to repair it but in fact found that there was some structural distortion so that the geometry of the car made it difficult to drive. You would then have a real lemon on your hands – and of course you would have allowed a fair amount of money and trouble into getting it going. Apart from the fact that Hastings behaviour is all rather suspicious – I'm struggling to see what loss you have taken on this. You would have had to pay the excess anyway – in any event. You have now received £16,000 payment so you are in a zero-loss situation and you could simply go out and hunt around for another car for the same money. The only thing that I could see which could complicate matters is if you come back and tell us that in fact the car was a huge bargain and that it would cost you more than £16,000 to replace it. But in that case I would have to ask why did you only insure it for £16,000? The second complicating factor might be that in the four months that you had it, he spent a lot of money on improvements and you have managed to recover that. Maybe you could let us have your comments on this and also let me know if there is anything which I've misunderstood  
    • Well today is the 20th so let us know if you have had a disclosure by the end of the day.   Of course you can bring a claim for breach of statutory duty – but in order for it to be a small claim you would have to claim an amount in financial compensation. Luckily under the data protection laws you can claim for distress without having to prove any physical damage or economic loss. I happen to know that you have some experience of bringing a successful data protection claim in the past - which was settled quite advantageously out-of-court. If you want to bring a small claim then I would suggest that you would have to alleged the distress and claim for, say, £50 – but it is a bit early to do this. You certainly would have to send them a letter of claim and give them 14 days.
    • What is the name of the car dealership please – I think you have already been asked this. Also, didn't you record the call? You've been here since 2006 and our customer services guide has been around since almost that time. It is always going to be very difficult to get hold of a recording of a conversation which Incriminates the company that you are trying to retrieve it from.
  • Our picks

craigten

Employer not paid Tax or NI?

Good morning.

How concerned should my friend be that he can’t find his new employer on Companies House?

It depends. Is his new employer a Ltd Company? a Limited Partnership? A Partnership? A sole trader?.

You are an established poster here, and it seems there is often a 'backstory' to an initial 'simple question'  post.... why not give us the details and raise the actual issue, rather than leave us working to work out the details and issue(s).

Blimey, did I upset you??

No ‘back story’ as such, just that he usually has a snoop on Companies House to see any info about his employer but can’t find this new one so was concerned and I thought I’d ask you guys.

Well, you still haven’t answered regarding the nature of his employer’s company, so I don’t know how people can advise you on how concerned he should be!

Its a bit like asking “I just bought a new TV and they said it has a 5 year warranty, should I be concerned?”

a) Bought from John Lewis, on credit card, while they are offering a free upgrade to the warranty to 5 years : not at all concerned

b) bought out the back of a van in a pub car park for a fraction of its retail price, “cash only” : Yup, be concerned.

Sometimes, the details matter. The nature of the employer’s company will determine if it should be registered on Companies House or not.

Cut out the middleman : get him to post here himself.

• Haha 1

Apologies. They manufacture swimming pools in the U.K. I’m afraid I don’t know the difference between limited Companies, limited partnerships, etc 

A manufacturer of swimming pools doesn’t affect if they are a Ltd Co, Ltd partnership, partnership or sole trader.

it matters not if you know the difference between them but if you can’t tell us which his employer is : again, a good reason to get him to post here himself, so he can provide the info that will enable people to answer him.

A simple spelling mistake gives no exact results on companies house. 

Also, many companies trade under a trading name which is different from the registered name,  although I think they should state this on their paperwork and website. 

For example, I could trade as "Builder's bum" and be registered as "Bob the builder limited".

In my paperwork I would put "Builder's bum is a trading name of Bob the builder limited"

have to agree with kingy, playing grandmothers footsteps with this has garnered you no useful advice and nor can it.

the fact that you dont know the difference between a LTD, PLC, LLP or sole trader means that you are not in a position to say anything useful to your friend even if we knew what the status of the business was

ASK your friend for the name and address of the business  and also the name of the top dog if known, looking up directorships held can clear up a lot of problems with companies trading under different names to the legal entity.

If you have asked the friend all of this and they dont know then they arent that bothered anyway really

Hi guys.

apologies for being evasive with my previous post about my mate’s dodgy employer

- I can now tell you all

- he was concerned they were dodgy and quit them.

He worked for them for ten weeks, they eventually paid him the money they owed him after an attempt not to.

Since then (six weeks ago) they have supplied ‘screenshots’ of seemingly genuine payslips but HMRC have said they have no record of the company paying any Tax on his behalf.

When asked why, the employer said their accountant was dealing with it and it’s in the process of being done....reason for him to be worried?

Back to Topic.

Why not just tell us the supposed Company Name and General Location will do no harm but give you better advice as you should be aware.

With the limited information it would be difficult to advise and I do agree with BazzaS as we do need to know that information to be able to advise correctly as each scenario is different advice.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

he should tell HMRC that the money was deducted from his wagesa dn he wants the NI credit. They will use their powers to do more than he evr could as far as getting the money. Not for him to worry about once reported properly