Parking Eye ANPR PCN - Bluebell pub - Yarm - Cleveland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received today a notice from Debt Rec plus a notice asking for the sum of £170 on behalf of their client Parking eye

.If I don't pay they are going to recommend court action to their client etc..

This is apparently for a parking infringement at a local pub on the 27th June this year.

This is the first letter I have received from this bunch no previous reminders etc.

Also checking the date I had sold the car previous to this and have the conformation slip from DVLC.

So my question is

should I just ignore them and if they take me to court produce evidence I was not the owner then claim my own costs for wasting my time

or should I notify them I was not the owner at that time and produce the DVLC document?

I suspect they will go to court seeing as I have not replied to the previous letters that I had not received.

Again I am happy to do this , as a contractor on a daily rate I will gladly submit my costs for wasting my time..

Were you a customer of the pub at the time? 

go to the pub owner and ask if they are the land owners of the area mentioned in the ticket.

If they are, say you don't remember who parked there but surely they must have forgotten to sign in with them.

Tell them in a nice jolly conversation some complement and how you'd not want this incident to prevent you from visiting them in the future.

See if they could kindly ask them to cancel it if they aren't authorised to bring this claim to the court in the pub owner's name.

Kind chat goes a long way.

Reason why I am suggesting this is because these parking management contract often have a clause allowing the land owner to cancel this upon request - this is in interest of for example retail sites like supermarket car parks where customer service is of essence. After all they don't want a 1* review on Google. (but don't tell them that!)

If verbal request is not sufficient, you can do one in writing so there is a paper trail. Come back if you need to write that.

Most important

DO NOT SAY WHO THE DRIVER IS.

Wait didn't you say that you sold the car before the incident happened?

That should do the job (although they will bully the next owner),

if you are kind-hearted, I would go to that pub and talk anyways for both of your sakes.

Just tell the person you sold the car to about this so they don't park it there again.

If you want to write something, this should be addressed to Parking eye as Creditor NOT DEBT COLLECTION and keep a record of posting, and a signed for delivery and a copy of what you sent, should they ever want to escalate it. 

Just be careful what you write.

When did you sell the car, and what date is on the DVLA confirmation?  Sure ericsbrother will have a suitable response to Parking Eye,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If they did try court, that proof would kick their claim into touch. If you send a copy, to PE of the change , saying you are not RC car sold a few weeks before the alleged incident, plus it's not your fault that DVLA have provided them with inaccurate information, and you are minded to report PE to ICO for breach of GDPR if theyu persist with further processing of your data, as you are not responsible for a vehicle sold well before the event. and  if they persist it would be woeful for them.

Others will be able to advise further.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

( As to claiming your own costs idea, if you're not honest in the pre-court period in line with pre-action protocol that is going to turn against you. Also do not count you will remember all that in X months time - get it out of the way, sounds like an simple solution)

Interesting . Curious to know on what basis did DVLA share the data, must have been mid-transfer….

As brassnecked said.

Act but don't panic.

to help us and anyone that gets a speculative invoice in the same location

please complete this:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In response :

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement  - 27/6/2019

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] - Not received one

3 Date received - Not received

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] - Not received 

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? - Not sure / not received any

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]  - N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up  _ N

7  Who is the parking company? - ParkingEye Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]  - Bluebell pub - Yarm - Cleveland 

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,  - BPA

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here  - Letter dated 2/10/2019 from Debt recovery plus on behalf of ParkingEye 

this is the first letter I have off them and therefore I have not challenged or responded to any previous ones.

Will try to post up this afternoon...

• dx100uk changed the title to Parking Eye ANPR PCN - Bluebell pub - Yarm - Cleveland
  • 1 month later...

Ok quick update. I asked the pub if they could get this quashed but unable to assist. 

I received a letter last week from PE's goon squad or debt collectors saying the amount was £170 now and they are recommending their client proceed to court etc etc..

Should I now respond stating that I was not the owner and they will have to follow it up with DVLA , then send proof or should I keep hold of my DVLA proof letter in case they still decided to proceed?

Ridiculous considering this is nearly seven months ago...

You have scanned your DVLA letter, you send a copy never an original when the time is right, usually when they send an LBA with an ericsbrother style put down, like

Dear Parking Eye

You know and I know that you have no claim against me, as I was not RK at the time the charge was generated, I have written proof to this and enclose a copy of the DVLA letter, I owe you nothing, nada, diddly squat, and even Beavis can't help you. 

If you do not cease and desist, and do want to try Court, I will defend rigorously, and you will lose, as I was not the named alleged debtor, even POFA can't save you.  I will take any County Court Claimform as prima facie of your breach of GDPR, as in unlawfully processing my data when you know I am not the Keeper or driver, so will report to ICO your breach, you will also receive an invoice from myself for £500 for GDPR breach as per the case of D6GM2199 CEL v Mr B, Bury County Court where it was accepted as not unreasonable, just as in your narrow victory in Beavis the charge was not unreasonable.

link on Prankster's site  http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2017/05/motorist-awarded-900-for-data.html

Probably ericsbrother will suggest something better and more caustic, but others will be along soon.

• Like 1

I would add VCS v Phillip Liverpool CC Dec 2016 to the other case to show they are likely to have to shell out money when they lose and beef up the letter tio state from the outset that this will happen.

If they do sue you then it will just cost them more for their unreasonable conduct.

Also make a complaint to the ICO about the DVLA giving out duff info to these crooks. You are the first person posting about this kind of thing to have a rock solid claim against the DVLA for breach of the GDPR if you fancy a go

Thasnks EB, that VCS case was the other one I was looking for, I'd say notodebt has a great opportunity to kick PE in the goolies and come out with some cash as well, as they are very silly and greedy.   Doesn't Capita oen them still?

Crapita do indeed own these bandits and I suspect that is why they get all the hospital contracts- after all they do all of the outsourcing from pensions to god knows what so easier for a lazy governemnt and management to chuck all of the eggs into one basket. You can bet that Crapita also lobby very hard to try and get the law changed to do away with the POFA conditions so they can use the keeper regardless of a lack of contract with them

• 2 months later...

Thought I would post an update in relation to this. After receiving another three or four letters late last year from a company working on behalf of PE stating the client was going to take action and I should pay immediately while each time ramping up the fine ...I decided to call their bluff and not respond.So to date I have not heard anything further from PE. So this is going back to June 2019. Will post if anything further happens

• Like 3