Samsung Tumble Dryer Failure Now Washer 9 months old ***Resolved***

pumpytums
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

when we moved house

I purchased from Currys a Samsung Washer, Samsung Dryer and an American Style fridge.

The Tumble dryer failed within 5 months and was repaired 2 weeks latter :( .

The washer is now playing up

these were not cheap appliances as you can imagine

we bought Samsung on the myth that they were reliable.

My question is

as the items were bought on the same order and one failed and was repaired

are we able to reject the washer as its the 2nd failure on the order or does it have to be the same item?

The tumble dryer is a SAMSUNG - DV90M50003X/EU 9 kg Heat Pump Tumble Dryer

The Washer is a SAMSUNG - AddWash WW10N645RPX/EU Smart 10 kg 1400 Spin Washing Machine

Thanks in advance

It would have to be the same item

Hi thanks BF,

quick question again.

Having looked on the Samsung community site it seems the ecobubble washers have huge issues its always the mother board that goes.

As my machine is outside the 6 months

if they replace the MB and it goes again

can I reject the appliance because I'm having to wait for over a week for them to fix it and this is really not acceptable?

Thanks in advance

no

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

the engineer came to fix the machine and was not successful in fixing it can I know reject the washing machine?

So we waited a week engineer came to fix it was not successful machine is still broken. Error code is showing for main motor now.

What are my options? 

Six months or more

If a defect develops after the first six months, the burden is on you to prove that the product was faulty at the time the goods were delivered to you.

In practice, this may require some form of expert report, opinion or evidence of similar problems or defects across the product range.

The retailer can also make a deduction from any refund for fair use after the first six months of ownership if an attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful.

You have up to six years to take a claim to the small claims court for faulty goods in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and five years in Scotland.

This doesn't mean that a product has to last six years - just that you have this length of time in which to make a claim if a retailer refuses to repair or replace a faulty product.

Just to update this thread, I spoke to the repairing company the initial repair failed and they have said that the machine requires a new main wiring harness and a motor assembly. Best thing is they can't fix it till a week tomorrow. So will have been without a washing machine for nearly 3 weeks. So a 10 month old £550 machine needs a new motherboard, main wiring loom and a motor assembly.

I will be phoning Currys at 12 today to confirm I'm rejecting the machine as they have had their chance to fix it and failed. Quite shocking on such an expensive 3x the cost of a normal make.

Call did not go well as expected Currys tried to make out the warranty was with Samsung and nothing to do with them seriously. They also stated that Samsung would not write off an item or have it returned without 3 repairs. I actually spoke to the guy at Samsung and Currys had fobbed me off the guy was from their mobile phone section not domestic appliances he thought it was phone. Sadly Samsung could not do anything as usual. 

I have emailed the CEOS of Currys to see what they can do, does anyone know the email address for the CEOS of Samsung I tried going through their website with no luck.

In desperation I took delivery of a washing machine this morning from AO as we cannot cope anymore.

Do I have any recourse through small claims?

Buyer beware indeed

ok heres what you do.

if it was bought online, find the pdf receipt from your emails and either print it or keep it handy.

go to your local shop and explain to the customer service that you are now rejecting further repairs under CRA. have the most recent job numbers handy.

as the items were delivered they will be able to locate whats known as the SALT number by going into the till under reporting, receipt lookup and using the details you have on your receipt.  if it was bought online using online credit, you will need to phone customer services as stores cannot access the online credit facilities.

if it was paid by card or in store you're fine.

choose a replacement or request a refund (you won't get the money back till its been collected).

if its over 100 days old, they will need to process a manual refund due to eclipse till system limitations.

when returning in the reason field they put "rejected further repairs under CRA, prev job ref xxx"

then the serial number (please have it handy)

then under RA they put CRA faulty returns.

it goes down as a pending refund, once its collected you return to store with your card (or to collect your cash). and its done.

the item will be returned to 7800 and processed to go back to samsung.

if store argues they won't do it due to a chargeback, they will not get one if you include the prev job ref's as head office are able to see the attempted repairs via these refs when cross referencing with samsung.

if the store argues, get them to ring sheffield call centre and ask for an empowerment.

this also stops the store being charged the retail value on their P&L.

without revealing who i am or which store i (until very recently) worked in, this is the correct process.

• Like 1

Theyve had their chance .

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well it looks like I have a result, someone from Currys called me today and could not be more helpful and they have agreed to collect the washing machine and refund me.

I emailed the CEO a few days ago and thought nothing would happen but it has. What a shame they didn't help like this in the first place.

The emails I used were

[email protected]

[email protected]

One more thing I would like to add Samsung especially their domestic appliances arm were absolutely useless during the whole process weeks sometimes to get an engineer visit call backs promised and not returned. I would seriously think twice about buying their domestic appliances they are not cheap and as I have said 2 failures on 3 appliances in less than a year. I certainly won't again, you would hope to get better customer care they even use a third party for repairs.

So thank you everyone for your help

Edited by pumpytums

Well done...the power of CAG be with you ...thread title updated.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• AndyOrch changed the title to Samsung Tumble Dryer Failure Now Washer 9 months old ***Resolved***

great stuff. i will continue to lurk and help with any currys pcw related items i can.

bare in mind i no longer work for the company any things may change in the future as far as processes.

id personally never buy anything samsung after having had to call their useless customer service for the past few years.

they dont deserve your money

• Thanks 1

Thanks Christopher,

I really cannot believe Samsung's ineptitude but Trustpilots 87% 1 Star BAD rating really speaks for itself.

A important appliance like a Washing machine should be repaired in a reasonable time limit as required that's not 3 weeks. 

Thanks again for everyone's help 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

just to complete this thread.

The rejected washer was collected last week and today I received the refund the reduced the refund by approximately 2% as they are entitled to do 2% isn't bad for 9 months use though. Bit petty maybe but I got it back so all well that ends well.

Only thing I would like to add is sometimes in companies you find that person who was brilliant in this case a nice lady called Gemma so if Curry's ever read this employ more people like her.

Thanks for everyone's help too and Merry Christmas