debt collection agency trying to collect on expired ccj

Terry1955
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Thank you in advance for reading my question.

I am not know how best to structure my question so I have used Bullet points to make it as clear as I can.

I have a debt occurred whilst I was living in Scotland.

I separated and moved away from Scotland to England and believe that the bank account then went overdrawn and created the debt.

The court paperwork was sent to an old address either in Scotland or an initial rented address in England.

I did not receive any court paperwork. The ccj would have been registered using and old address.

The CCj had been on my credit file I believe for 4 years before I was aware of it.

The ccj expired from my credit file I believe around March 2017 when the 6 years had been reached.

I have now been contacted by Cabot finance who advise they have bought the debt and are trying to reclaim the monies owed.

I have read that due to the time elapsed that there may be a requirement for them to return to court to seek approval to claim the debt is this the case ?

Kind regards Terry

Hi Terry and Welcome to CAG

Yes that is correct...they must seek the courts permission to enforce the CCJ after 6 years.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thread moved to Debt Collection Agencies Forum.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thank you for replying so quick Andy

I don't suppose you might have a suggestion of a search I could make for a template letter to respond back to the debt collecting agency ?

if not I was thinking if writing something along the lines of the below

Dear xxx 

thank you for you correspondence, please would you forward the court authority that would permits you to collect this debt as the CCJ has expired and 8 years have elapsed since the CCJ was entered. 

would this be along the right lines do you think?

thanks Terry

No need to...they are fully aware of the legislation and what they must do if they wish to execute the Judgment debt after 6 years...ignore them.