Gas and Electric

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

i have been a customer with supplier for a number of years and have been sending them monthly meter readings and then I receive a online bill which I then pay.

However, I received a bill this month stating that I have not been billed for gas since October last year and they have billed me from October 2018 to October 2019.

Also all the bills that were online have been removed and one annual bill has added to the online portal.

My question is 

is there anything that I can do? 

Am I entitled to any compensation as I was sending them monthly meter readings of both gas and electric and then paying the full amount straight away

Hi Tosh,

Can you name the supplier involved.

Rules regulate how far back a supplier can claim back unbilled gas or elec but this is 12 months so they are probably within their rights to seek the amounts due.

However, if you supplied the right info each month (ie elec and gas readings), you have a good case to argue they were negligent in failing to use the data you provided and they should therefore make you a gesture of goodwill to acknowledge their failure.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

send them an sar to get all the info now removed??

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

With sending a Subject Access Request (SAR) make sure and ask for 'ALL DATA' this covers everything no matter what format they hold that data in whether it be telephone recordings, emails, online etc.

Also make sure and specifically ask for the data they have removed from your online account

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you have been paying regularly during the time they are now billing for, check bank statements etc for records of payments.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!