workhouse01

Erudio Termination Letter

To cut a long story short

I have had nothing but stress from Erudio ever since my old student loan was sold to them in 2014.

First of all they did not send me deferment forms and then said I was in arrears,

I spent ages trying to sort that out until they agreed with deferment, but still tried to chase me for arrears.

After that and going backwards and forwards sending complaints they seemed to back off a bit for a couple of years or so.

I have managed to defer nearly every year since, despite not earning over threshold its always been a struggle and then they claim I haven't given them enough evidence!

Despite sending the required three months payslips which tells them how much I've earned to date! (clearly some not very bright people who work at Erudio). 

This year has been no different with them being difficult and using tactics that mean you miss the deadline and then they threaten you with termination of contract,

after having a baby in June I decided against my better judgement to apply for deferment online,

I think I may have tried this before,

there is never any acknowledgement that its been received and no way of tracking it either ( no paper trail) apart from records on my computer.

However, as you may appreciate the first few months of being a new parent are a bit of a blur and to be honest I thought I had applied for it and then it would just be a case of waiting for them to send confirmation and it would be deferred ( I am currently on statutory maternity pay )

none of this arrived and being completely stressed due to my daughter having to undergo heart surgery at 16 weeks I did not chase this up and well I guess it wasn't on the list of my priorities at the time, thinking it might just go through plain sailing, just for once like it did with SLC.

I do realise that Erudio are trying anything they can to stop me from going into the 25 year period where it will be written off.

The loans were 1997-99. 

They have sent a termination letter saying I need to pay the entire student loan back in 7 days and I now don't have any contractual rights and the loans will not be written off. 

Its not the first time, Erudio have tried to do this to be honest, but after getting advice they seem to back off, but this is new to me, and well my question is: 

Can they actually terminate the contract despite the original contract not being with them? 

I have written back to them to say I applied for deferment online, but this was never acknowledged

my question is

what can I do now, and what are my rights? 

I have spoken to CAB about them before but to be honest they are clueless depending on who you speak to and where, and sometimes say they are behaving within the law ! 

as CAB always are.

can I just check one point, to date you haven't been duped by erudio into paying them anything have you?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

No I haven't paid anything, even when they have said I am in arrears, I have managed to get them t back off - not sure how, but obviously not earning above the threshold and making various complaints about them...something obviously worked for a while. 

So any advice as to what I can do now? 

Get your local MP involved after the election. If Erudio processes are causing terminations in this way, then this must be raised officially. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I was thinking this, as their behaviour has always been disgusting !

How do  I go about this?

and what can I do in the mean time to get them to back off? 

well you are here now and we'll get you sorted.

1st..sadly you fell for their demands of everything and they tied you up in knots with no need for you to do most of what they asked.

I would now fill out this:

the org slc form and send it to them and only ever use those from now on.

inc a letter of complaint upon how they have treated you and that you do not accept your loans are terminated and that should they continue with this unlawful termination and not accept and confirm your deferment, you will be immediately be contacting the FOS without notice to them.

also note that the FOS have already reprimanded Erudio several times upon such actions.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thank you for this! 

So just to clarify, whilst I am filing a complaint about them they cannot pursue this? 

Also can they legally just terminate the contract, will they still try and pursue this? 

you need to get reading the Erudio threads here

the only reason this all happened is because 'something' was in their eyes ignored.

once 'whatever' they do is 'undone' and the 'debtor' makes contact...they go quiet

be that letter of claim, court case or termination.

just ENSURE you list all the relevant agreement numbers or Erudios' mass ref number on the SLC form.

stop falling into their pit of compliance and thinking they have some sort of magical powers.

spreadsheets