• Tweets

• Lastly, I will go to the site to get updated images, but from google earth, you can see from the pictures the entrance states it is for the hotel parking, which I follwed instructions and gave my details to the hotel. Where I think my car was parked (it was that long ago I'm not exactly sure) there are signs on the opposite wall, but it was 12.30am, pitch black and they could not be seen.
    • I was planning on collecting up other court cases they have lost, to refer to as part of my evidence, I'm not sure if this is worth doing or could just confuse matters? But there seem to be many where the judge has ruled against them because of confusing and not clearly displayed signage, trespass, as well as their charge being £100, which is more than the Bevis case said was reasonable.    A quick search found this article as one example KBT cornwall lose case article.pdf
    • OK, I will do now. I did look to black out certain things, but I was not sure what I should and should not redact and there was nothing on there that was personal enough for me to be concerned with being made public. So I am happy for all to view, but if you are kind enough to redact what is needed as per the forum rules, that would be amazing. Armtrak Defence documents_compressed.pdf
    • yes but have the landowner paid this years contract fee. no evidence they have in the ws. pop it back up now if you wish. the forum is quiet i'll redact it for you so we have the info.   dx  
    • Thank you all so much for taking the time to comment and help, I really do appreciate it.   Just to elaborate a bit more on the background, just because my lack of knowledge of the process might mean I've actually done things along the way that I did not know what they were and so hadn't mention it.    When they decided to go to court, I was offered mediation, which I took. I offered to pay the reduced rate, just to make it go away, but insisted it was not an admission of guilt, it was a goodwill gesture to save us all the effort of court. They refused and wanted £250.    A court date was set, but in Leeds, then a couple weeks later I received another letter saying it had been moved to London.   I was not aware I had any say in which court it would be held at, but I now understand i have good reason to request it is moved to a local one to me, which is also local to the offending place, I will call the court tomorrow and explain that. But so far I have only been told what is happening, I've not been given the choice for anything.   They seem to be going down the route of a contract breach, not trespass which is interesting. There is a document in the evidence which has the agreement between themselves which I assumed meant they can pursue me.    I am going to visit the site again shortly, at midnight the time of the offence and take pictures to build a case file of the route I took to enter the car park, how it is in the hotel grounds and no signs can be seen.    Am I right in saying, the fact they do not actually have any pictures of my car in the location they say it was in, just because all of the pictures they have were at 12/30am and it was pitch black, I am going to say my car was parked correctly in the hotel side, not on their land and it is then up to them to prove otherwise, which they are not able to do, because the burden of proof lies with the claimant I think?
  • Our picks

BIG E

Parking Eye ANPR PCN - Dble Dipping - Centurion Point, Chester

1 Date of the infringement

08/11/2019

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

15/11/2019

3 Date received

18/11/2019

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company?

Parking Eye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Centurion Point, Chester

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

Hello,

I received the attached letter today from Parking Eye,

I use the car park on a regular basis to drop off and pick up my wife when she is going to work as it it a safe an convenient place.

I dont stay for any longer than 5 minutes at any time, therefore it is obvious that the camera in question has taken a picture whilst arriving on the afternoon of 07/11/2019 at 15.22, whilst collecting my wife and then subsequently pictured me arriving on the morning of the 08/11/2019 at 07.32 whilst dropping her off.

There doesn't seem to be any other images to support me leaving or entering the car park in question, therefore the suggestion is that the car has been parked all night. 

There are no barriers restricting access or coin operated machines to purchase tickets.

The car park in question services various retail stores and a snooker hall.

I dont reside in the area as I live over 10 miles away and would not any reason whatsoever to leave the vehicle overnight.

Any assistance with this matter would be appreciated, I have not contacted Parking Eye in any way nor submitted an appeal.

Thanks

Ian

images/posts removed
please do not post jpg picture images directly to a post
read upload and redact in jpg then convert using on of the listed websites there to convert to one multipage pdf only

that way only logged-in,registered and approved caggers are the only ones that can download and see them
else anyone can see them caggers or not.dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

2 alternatives here and the choice is entirely yours.

1) Ignore it and let them waste their money sending ever more threatening letters until they send a LBC in line with PAP at which point you can send them a scathing letter which should see them cancel it.

2) Save them the money and send them the scathing letter now. (This is one of the very, very few circumstances where I would even suggest this as an option).

Now 1 is fine as long as you can hold your nerve and it doesn't stress anyone. If it's going to give you or your nearest and dearest any angst, then 2 may be your preferred option. If you tried 2 and they were stupid enough to not cancel it, then you revert to option 1 - no letter tennis under any circumstances. In either case it's best to get your own photos of signs, entrance, site plan etc in case you need it later. Better to have it and not need it than the other way round.

Your scathing letter (at whichever point it's sent) will tell them how pants their ANPR cameras are and maybe they should get them from somewhere a bit better than Argos next time. Suggest a 'ooman bean' looks at the records for themselves, or maybe a trained chimp if that's too difficult for them. You will refer only to "my vehicle entered" and "my vehicle left" and "my vehicle was not parked" - no "I", "Me" or anything else that might identify the driver.

Before you send anything always post it here first though. It's easy to miss one little word and drop yourself in it or at least make life harder for yourself.

Hello,

Many thanks for your assistance and suggestion, could you possibly direct me to a draft letter on the forum that I could use that would have a better impact with them.

Thanks

pers i'd await ericsbrother to pop in

but there are plenty of double dipping threads here to read

just use our search top right

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Hi,

Thanks for the response, will have look at other threads, I have tried to find out who owns the land so I can approach them to complain but as yet no-one seems to know anything.

relevant councils planning website portal?

spreadsheets 

I have researched local council planning website, the last entry for this location is back in 2007 and the list is for agents dealing with leasing retail units as a point of contact. There are currently 3 active retailers on this site and 2 empty units.

I have since looked on my google map timeline on my mobile phone which demonstrates my movements from the two days in question, this clearly shows my locations and travel times to and from home during the times listed on the PNC, can this be treated as sufficient evidence?

purfik wudney purfek

dx

spreadsheets 

How should I proceed with this, should I lodge an appeal with parking eye or send information directly to the retailers to see if the ticket will be cancelled through them?

id not needlessly poke PE yet

plenty of time for that

no harm in bugging the retailer though.

dx

spreadsheets 

Retailers it is then👌

Only trouble is, if there are several retailers it's probably outwith their control, it'll be their landlord's realm. They could complain to their landlord about driving customers away etc, but since you weren't a customer it might be difficult to convince them to bother.

No harm in asking though - worst they can do is say no, just don't be too crestfallen if they do, plenty of other avenues.

I wouldnt respnd, appeal or say anything to PE at all yet.

your draft letter shows your general ignorance over such matters so spend the next moth reading up on hundreds of thread to learn a bit ore about the issues, pitfalls and faults of private parking charges demands. They will be writing to you again so still have the chance to tell them where to go.

Their camera systems are so rubbish they dont recognise it when you drive in the exit and out of the entrance after the alowed time so double dipping is a very common occurrence. Not in their interest to correct matters is it?

what draft letter are you referring too in your response?

post4/5

WHEN it is necessary.

IF you get a letter of claim.

dx

spreadsheets 

Received my second letter today from PE, the front part is the same as the first but the back part has a case law section that outlines the judgement in ParkingEye v Beavis (2015) and how PE won their case.

the ONE case which doesn't apply to every case

don't get had by that one.

plenty on beavis to read here or the parking pranksters site.

but of course you've already been reading up anyway haven't you..psssst..CAG is self help too..you've been here +10yrs..

spreadsheets