Bailiff Notice of enforcement - CTAX debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys...

I know some of these questions already exist on the forums but I'm losing track of all the searches and reading I've done because I'm not the best with fragmented data... so I apologise. 

We are having some problems with council tax at the moment... I have been on and off universal credit since last December and I am now signed off sick with mental health problems. My wife is a carer for our disabled son (and now me but unofficially as yet) so she can't work more than 16 hours a week.

We haven't paid council tax for 2 reasons...

1. We're on universal credit... nuff said 🙄

2. because I was in and out of work the rate and discount of Council Tax kept changing and they could not tell us what we should be paying a month.

As such our arrears have reached £382

Friday while we were out someone came to ours and left a "Notice of Enforcement Agents Attendance" through our letter box and the balance is now £617

I have no problem with the bailiffs coming round and I have nothing to hide, But i am concerned about being tricked into things that they have no right to do.

1. Does a bailiff have the right to access my online backing statements or search for paper ones ?  - I've seen on the forums that they don't have the right to do this but wanted to check in this situation.

2. Does a bailiff have the right to force me to disassociate devices that are linked to an account ? - So we have an Amazon Alexa in most rooms including a couple of the more expensive ones... I have used them to build a home automation system for my son for turning things on/off making contact etc. They are of course linked to my amazon account and would have to be disassociated for others to use them. Could they force me to do this? The same question applies to iphones and android devices... these days they are locked to an account and would need to be disassociated to be sold on.

3. If I have built something myself or modified something that is not subject to safety tests / trading standards regulations... would they take it? - so for example I have DIY built myself a compressor and welder from old gas bottles, pump and other spare parts... they are good quality and safe so while I am happy to use it myself, obviously if someone else used it and got injured I wouldn't want that to come back to me.

4. I've been bankrupt before and I remember that the insolvency agent can check back and reverse the sale of any items that I have made within a certain period to resell and claim back the money... can a bailiff do this ?  we have sold some stuff recently like old camping gear and a couple of old cupboards. some of them through the local auction rooms and the cheques appear in my bank statements. Some other stuff I have sold though facebook so this can kind of come back to question 1... can they access these and find out ?

As i said, I have no problems with bailiffs and what they do... but that doesn't mean I give up any of my rights when I don't have to.

Many Thanks for any advice

Regards

Mark

As its council tax, they have no right of entry, so don't let them in, and they cannot force entry nor  climb through windows, but cn walk through unlocked door  They have no right to snoop into your bank accounts, and would be in serious trouble if they did.  I'm sure others will be along soon with further advice/suggestions.  Did you apply for Council tax Relief, if not do so NOW, and get your local council member involved pronto as in now.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to Bailiff Notice of enforcement - CTAX debt

as he says^^^.

you have 7 days from the date on the NOE to get a payment plan running with the bailiff else re attendance will cost you an extra £235, making a total of £310 fees, that's all he can charge.

get one in place today.

and don't fall for the old I must come in and you must sign this routine.

what date is ion the NOE please?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Email and call your local councillor, their details should be on Google. 

Just explain everything to them and they will have the bailiffs off your back in short order.

Do it now, and this could be resolved by tomorrow.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread