Should I open the first NRAM letter in over 5 years?

Missnka
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Today I received my first contact from NRAM in over 5 years. Next July will be 6 years with no contact - so approximately £13,000 statute barred unclaimable debt. (I sold my property and due to personal circumstances I could only afford to pay the actual mortgage and not the unsecured loan part.)

What should I do?  I have only recently moved and registered to vote, hence the contact probably

Should I return to sender, no such name and ignore the letter? 

Should I open and read it?

Only a few more months, I was shaking with anxiety when I saw NRAM on the return address. I thought I was nearly out of the hole  :( Please help.

Thanks

Has it been defaulted?  When?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure. 

All I know is that I sold my flat in June 2014. I instructed my solicitors to pay off only the mortgage portion and they did. (I was then homeless and needed funds to survive and rebuild my life due to an abusive ex.)

I never went back to that property so have no idea if I was ever contacted again. I have moved a few times since then but only now have registered to vote so am on the system. 

Thats all the information I have 😕

I suggest that you start off by looking at your credit file.

There have been recent decisions which suggest that the limitation period runs from the date of  a default

Statute of limitations on Mortgages (Capital) is 12 years not 6.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread