Water leaking into footwells and boot of my Citigo Greentech 2014

Henrif
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a lot of water coming into the car

- noticed it in the front a couple of weeks ago, and water was actually pouring in, passenger side.

I have cleared two drain holes today under the bonnet and hope have fixed that problem.

However, the carpet is sodden, and is on both sides.

Also noticed the back footwells are really wet.

And the boot too is leaking and there is mildew under the boot cover that sits over the spare tyre.

Every morning I have to de mist and use towels to clear the windscreens and windows, and it is beginning to smell.

The seats too have wet patches that I cannot work out where the wet is coming from. 

I got the car in 2017 on PP finance from Skoda in Worthing.

Called them last week and they said to bring the car in, they will look at (and charge £80)

- then there will be other fees according to what needs doing.

The one year warranty is gone.

Am I stuffed?

I still owe over £3,000 on the car, it won't be mine until next year.

I feel I have a case as the car is not fit for purpose and needs fixing, surely a car so relatively new should not be leaking like this?

Advice please.

Thank you.

Thanks Craig...

if you look at that thread you will see that I have been posting on it too, looking for advice, so yes, I see it is a common problem, tho I am not sure how water is in my boot, and on seats.

As said I have cleared drain holes as suggested in the thread, and will have to see if it all dries out. Hard to tell unless I manage to remove the water. 

The boot remains a mystery, but maybe it is just build up of general dampness, that has been creeping in for months and I haven't noticed. 

There have been water marks on the seats for the past year and a half, that I ignored, now wish I hadn't...thought they were spillages somehow. :( 

not go a sunroof have you?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If this is a common problem then it points to a defect and not a problem of wear and tear. If it is a defect then you have six years from the time the defect materialises or from the time you could reasonably have noticed it, to bring a court action.

I would suggest that you start finding examples on the Internet of people complaining about the same thing, get screenshots and also record the Internet addresses/URLs.

If possible get in contact with those people who have had this problem.

Don't worry about the one year warranty. It is a con. It doesn't interfere with your statutory rights. Did you buy the car from new?

I have just noticed on the thread that you have linked to that apparently there are instructions in the manual to keep certain drain holes clear. If you haven't done that there may be that you wouldn't be able to point at Skoda or the seller as being the liable party.

18 hours ago, BankFodder said:

I have just noticed on the thread that you have linked to that apparently there are instructions in the manual to keep certain drain holes clear. If you haven't done that there may be that you wouldn't be able to point at Skoda or the seller as being the liable party.

Oh - ok I didn't see that! I will read the small print. Thank you!

19 hours ago, dx100uk said:

not go a sunroof have you?

No I haven't.