EMC car sales of Bagshot yet another victim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone got any names of the people who worked there?

Seems to me they all used either nicknames or fake names.

I have found the boss guy but no one else.

I need this for my case against them.

I don’t have enough info about them to raise a case as they are not registered anywhere. 
thanks in advance 

• Like 1

On 01/11/2019 at 13:16, Starmoonpods said:

Noel Quail - I found him on Facebook. 

I got sold the car by Nathan too. I will request my Auto Trader ad from them directly.

Yes found him few weeks back he's also on the emc car sales page, 

Yes I'd advise you to email auto trader, they will need a time frame to look for the add dealers name and reg I got a reply after a few days. 

I have just received an email from Mikael Shamir at the FCA letting me know that all future arrangements are cancelled due to EMC ceased trading. Does this mean I have no case? 

Edited by Starmoonpods

@Starmoonpods I got the exact same email. Just after I organised the transporter to return the car to them as agreed in writing. They were going to give me refund but then said they had ceased trading and all future arrangements are cancelled. 

But Emc is a trading name. The company is still active...Crown Motors Direct Limited. 09967993

Chobham Central Garage is also owned by Cmd. 

Edited by BlueJean

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for replying, fingers crossed for you. Please keep the rest of us up to date give us hope for our own! 

If you wouldn’t mind giving me a little advice; 

I have raised my FCA case, a case with citizens advice and a money claim via the gov website. 

Is there any other places you would advise I raise the issue to give myself the best chance of being noticed? 

TIA 😊

I've only escalated my case to the CAB. To be honest, I've not had time to approach any other body with my complaint, such has been the complexity of the case so far. Add in the fact that I work in Helsinki most of the time, and when in Scotland, I have a 14 hour round trip to court, it means that the whole horrid episode has been altogether mentally draining. 

I really hope the 29th brings some closure, as I'm pretty much done with it all now.

I’m so sorry that this has happened to all of us. It shouldn’t be such a difficult process to get justice. Can you tell me what CAB stands for? 

I hope you get it all sorted on your side. I can imagine you are majorly out of pocket because of the travel you have had to do aswell. 

CAB =Citizens Advice Bureau 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

own topic now created

please post here only now:

with any updates on your case

for help on your topic

to give additional information to help all the other victims

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I just opened a case with Chobham Garage, was told to contact the CMD/FCA mail, and got a reply from Mikael Shamir. As a background, my car broke 20 miles after leaving the dealership...

Do you have any advice how to get a refund ? Does this person from the FCA has the authority to order a refund ?

Thanks for you help !

I notice that no one on this thread has given any update as to the progress of their claim or the status of their complaint.

We are noticing an urgent issue in relation to somebody who calls himself Mikael Shamir,  and apparently is presenting himself in a way that suggests an association with the FCA.

Please could you come to this thread as soon as possible and post up a screenshot of any correspondence you have received from this person which suggest this association.

Maybe you would also care to update us – preferably using a new thread.

We badly need updates and information relating to this problem with this motor dealer please

Hi everyone, 

Please excuse my lack of updates. Have been pretty busy on overseas deployment. Here's where I am at... 

The court found in favour of me back in November. From initially claiming against EMC, and then changing it to CMD,  the judge noted that he had received a defence letter from one NADJEEM KHELOUFI. This was the director of EMC at the time. The judge advised that the claim should be against the formentioned, as EMC didn't exist at that point. 

Long story short.. 

I have a collection agency trying to trace NADJEEM KHELOUFI. I await positive findings, but do not expect any. 

Thank you for this. Would you mind going to your own thread and updating that so that people can follow the story.

Did you ever receive any communications from somebody called Mikael Shamir?  Has anyone represented themselves as the FCA.

Also, could you give us the case name and number – and maybe put up the judgement – redacted for your own name – but the company name intact.

It's possible that Mr Seymour took over the Swift Lane address after CMD moved to Bagshot, if I've understood the sequence of events. I just haven't seen any connection between him and CMD so far.

I wonder why they used cmd.fca as an email address. It wasn't anything to do with car finance, was it? I could be completely off track here, just trying to understand.

Why did they get you to deal with a 'resolution agent' please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

19 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Did people go to EMC in Swift Lane, Bagshot, or somewhere else please? I'm trying to piece together some information about them and the people involved.

HB

Yes EMC was trading from 8 swift lane bagshot

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BankFodder said:

We badly need updates and information relating to this problem with this motor dealer please

currently waiting directions from judge for court claim (since January)

MY TIMELINE/CASE

03 August 2019

After viewing car, we sent email regarding update on MOT status following rear brake calliper replacement after MOT failure. 05 August 2019 Signed bill of sale for the purchase of Jeep. Attempt to collect car failed after rear brake calliper was found faulty and returned to dealer immediately to rectify. We sent email regarding this.

07 August 2019

We sent text to EMC mobile number looking for a follow up as emails weren't being responded to and phone calls, unanswered. Text response was received saying that they were waiting on the fan switch, which was also found faulty at time of collection.

12 August 2019

We sent email to follow up that remedial works had been carried out, as we had no response from phone calls. We wanted to know when the car would be ready for collection.

16 August 2019

Collected car.

24 August 2019

We sent email regarding black smoke from exhaust and excessive oil leak. Also noted that when we went to check oil we discovered it had been overfilled. Sent text asking for response and received text telling us to deal directly with Crown Motor Direct Complaints via [email protected].

28 August 2019

Sent email regarding follow up of a phone conversation with the team who agreed to repair the defects, wanting to confirm an appointment

5 September 2019

No response was made from our previous email. We sent email for the attention of the manager highlighting the lack of responses and any resolution.

9 September 2019

First response received from complaints handler Mikael Shamir requesting bill of sale, warranty, casualty report/written fixed quote and the resolution we are seeking.

12 September 2019

Responded to Mikael's email indicating our intention to book the car in for repairs. Mikael responded same day asking for us to get a quote from local garage.

22 September 2019

Emailed Mikael following visit to local garage, with the local garage's findings. Requested our right to reject vehicle.

23 September 2019

Received email from complaints, dismissing MOT failures. Advised us of the outstanding recall and advised us that they could not uphold our complaint until they had received further documentation about the faults and carry out the recall repairs with a local Jeep dealership.

24 September 2019

Emailed Mikael Shamir advising him that we had been in contact with the local Jeep dealership. The dealership advised us that the recall had been since 2013 and that it was a high risk recall, that should have been rectified prior to sale.

30 September 2019

Email received from complaints stating that we were outside the 30 day right to reject. Informed us that they were no longer members of the Motor Obudsman and to seek legal advice.

2 October 2019

Emailed our response which listed our consumer rights and our requests for a resolution.

3 October 2019

Received email response giving us 3 options for resolution one of which we accepted being the full refund of £2400.

16 October 2019

Bill of sale and bank details sent to Mikael as per email dated 10 October 2019. We requested confirmation of preferred delivery address to return car as transporter was booked for Saturday 19th October.

17 October 2019

Received email stating that dealership had ceased trading due to financial problems and that all arrangements had been cancelled.

17 October 2019

We requested details of administration office and whether an exchange of vehicle of equal value was a possibility.

18 October 2019

We received email advising us to contact Noel (manager) about exchange. Received no details about administration office. Requested email address for Noel (manager).

19 October 2019

Emailed Noel about exchange of vehicle. No response received.

31 October 2019

Emailed Mikael to advise that we had had no response.

5 November 2019

Letter of intent posted via recorded delivery.

6 November 2019

Letter of intent received.