Question about SB debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I'm new to forum and will probably have a lot more questions as I try and figure out my current debt situation

I've been reading a lot online about the rules regarding SB debts

One thing that I am a bit confused about is the 6 year rule- or 5 as I live in Scotland

Whilst I have not made any payments on any of my debt accounts for 3-4 years, or personally acknowledged them to the various, and ever changing DCA's me at the moment

About 18 months ago, I went to citizens advice (for advice) and they (not me) did contact my creditors - explaining I was quite ill at the time/no income etc- does that count against me in terms that I have thus acknowledged the debts

Many thanks

doubt it very much.

if you wish list them here:

original creditor:

who owns the debt now:

outstanding balance:

defaulted date:

last payment date:

most of this will come from your credit file.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No-one can represent you as far as the debt liability goes so the CAB might have given your creditors a sob strory but that is not a representation by you so means nothing as far as the SB clock goes.

My mum could admit that I owe money to a creditor and offer to pay but there is no relationship between her and the creditor so whatever she said or did wouldnt chaneg that. Now bailiffs like to pile on the guilt in trying to get relative to cough up for debts that arent theirs but they dont get paid otherwise.