CraftyFeline

Merligen/Moriarty claimform - old stidio card CAT debt

Hello 

The post has just been and I have received a county court claim form from Merligen Investments, it seems that they have bought an account from Studio Retail Ltd T/A Ace, the agreement dated 16/10/2015.  The amount is £301.57 

What do I do about this, they claim they have sent me notification of assignment but I have not received anything at all apart from a couple of text messages recently and given the name Moriarty I thought it was a [problem] as Moriarty is Sherlock Holmes brother. 

How do I respond? Any help would be appreciated, its Northampton County Court and I have 14 days to respond. 

Hi welcome

Please complete the above and we'll get you sorted

Dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hello

Thank you for your response, I think I have done this right. My responses are in bold 

Name of the Claimant ?  Merligen Investments LTD

Date of issue –   12/11/2019  

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – 

1. The defendant owes the claimant £209.79 under the a regulated agreement with Studio Retails T/A Ace dated 16/10/2015 and which was assigned to the claimant on 19/07/2017 (debt)

2. Despite formal demand for payment of the debt the defendant has failed to pay

and the claimant claims £209.79

and further claims interest thereon pursuant to section 69 of the county courtact 1984 Limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate ot 8.00% per annum amounting to £16.78

What is the total value of the claim? £301.57  

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? No

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? no

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? cat debt

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? no

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online  

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? No 

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.  Debt purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No not received any correspondence apart from a couple of recent Text messages and in all honesty I thought it was a [problem]

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No  

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No Nothing

Why did you cease payments?  About 3 years ago  

What was the date of your last payment? Can’t remember  

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No dispute  

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?  no

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
[if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time]
 register as an individual
 note the long gateway number given
 then log in
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked
 you DO NOT file a defence at this time
 click thru to the end
 confirm and exit MCOL.
 get a CCA Request running to the claimant
https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/
 leave the £1PO blank and uncrossed
 get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/
type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hello

Thank you for your response, I think I have done this right. My responses are in bold 

Name of the Claimant ?  Merligen Investments LTD

Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.     12/11/2019  received today 13/11/2019

Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) -

^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total I a, unsure what I am doing with this part. 

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim in full (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down.

The defendant owes the claimant £209.79 under the a regulated agreement with Studio Retails T/A Ace dated 16/10/2015 and which was assigned to the claimant on 19/07/2017 (debt) Despite formal demand for payment of the debt the defendant has failed to pay and the claimant claims £209.79 and further claims interest thereon pursuant to section 69 of the county courtact 1984 Limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate ot 8.00% per annum amounting to £16.78

What is the total value of the claim? £301.57

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? No

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? no

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? no

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? no

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? No

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.  Debt purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No not received any correspondence apart from a couple of recent Text messages and in all honesty I thought it was a [problem]

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No Nothing

Why did you cease payments?  About 3 years ago

What was the date of your last payment? Can’t remember

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No dispute

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?  no

OK I have done all now and printed out the letter to be sent tomorrow morning. I must say I feel sick but thank you for your assistance, I feel somewhat blind now and feel the need to ask, what next? If that is not too presumptuous.