should my home furnishings uk sofas look like this after 2 days?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

should my sofas look like this after two evenings of using

as the company I brought them from say nothing is wrong with them and you get what you paid for them

I know they were only £550 for the two sofas

but surely they should not do this after such a short time

pix.pdf

Did you buy them online or did you buy them from a shop? Who did you buy them from?

Under the consumer rights act if within 30 days of purchase a defect occurs which renders the goods not of satisfactory quality, then you have a right to demand a refund and the items are collected from you at the expense of the seller.

You have to assert this right which means that you must write to them immediately and tell them that you are asserting this right under the consumer rights act and you want your refund.

As this is very early in your ownership of the sofas, I would take a day or so to visit the shop and take pictures the same sofas in brand-new and un-blemished condition so that you can compare. Also I think you should take better pictures of the ones you have shown us above.

If you have to bring a small claim in the County Court, then it will be up to you in court to persuade the judge that they are defective but assuming that the judge accepts this your refund is guaranteed.

You need to hope that the seller of the sofas is prepared to respect your consumer rights without any argument. Frankly I think that this is unlikely and you may well have to threaten and then bring a legal action in order to assert your rights. Anyway, begin by taking the photos and then writing the letter that I have suggested.

Hi the following may be useful. (from the link you provided) the Company you are dealing with.

Home Furnishings U.K. Limited
Rapyal Business Park
Dewsbury Road
Cleckheaton
West Yorkshire
BD19 5BT

Company Number: 04981075

Directors: Mr Mohammed Amjad, Appointed 1st Feb 2011 - Mr Sajid Hussain, Appointed 12th May 2005

Note: look at this link of their T&C: https://www.hf4you.co.uk/terms-and-conditions (why under '1. INFORMATION ABOUT US' is their Registered Office Address completely different to the below Companies House link Registered Office (Address posted above)?)

Companies House link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04981075/filing-history

Endole link: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/04981075-home-furnishings-u-k-limited

BizDb link: https://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/home-furnishings-uk-limited-04981075/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• dx100uk changed the title to should my home furnishings uk sofas look like this after 2 days?

Thread moved to the appropriate forum ...please continue to post here.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread