NPS 3 PCNs now 3 Letters of claim - Lower Feversham St Car Park Midds TS2 1PB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone give me advice on this letter?

It doesn't have any information on from when it was from.

I remember my wife getting a charge for her permit at work not being correctly shown a long time ago and we ignored it, but this has been sent today.

DCBL Letter of claim.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
charge for fine

Moved to ppc forum

It is not a fine [now edited out]

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have typed it up instead. Here it is.

ITS HEADED WITH

DCBL LEGAL

civil & commercial litigation solicitors

Dear....

Letter of claim*

Urgent action required.

We act on behalf of direct collection bailiffs limited (DCBL) in respect of a debt due under an agreement between you and northern parking services (north east) Ltd.

Please accept this as a formal letter of claim in accordance with the CPR practice direction - pre action protocol for debt claims.

claiment

Northern parking services (north east) Ltd.

defendant

My details.

basis of claim

You enter into an agreement with northern parking services (north east) Ltd under reference WR306386. In accordance with the terms of that agreement and previous correspondence sent to you, there remains a balance outstanding. In light of the supporting evidence, correspondence and invoices, you are liable for the sums due.

amount of claim

The sum claimed is a total of £482.40 together with further accuring interest as permitted under s69 county court 1984 at the rate of 8.25% (8.50% if after 02.11.12) per annum in till judgement or earlier payment. Costs will also be applied should a claim become necessary.

To ensure no further action will take place please make immediate payment via our 24 hour payment line on 01302 897022 using reference number 494840.

You are expected to acknowledge this letter of claim and pay the debt in full*within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so will result in a claim being issued against you WITHOUT further notice.

Any idea what I should do next?

Thanks in advance.

The team will be along soon with further advice, meanwhile can you get pictures of the workplace car park and any signage from the Parking Cowboy?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

has you wife moved since the incident?

I see other paperwork underneath 

can you scan up ALL what they have sent please to one multipage PDF.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The wife works for a car insurance company and they have a private car park, which you need a permit for.

We had one in the window, but it had slid slightly down the dash, hence the charge.

On the first letter from northern parking it has a picture of our car in the bay

. But not of the permit.

court forms come from the court not some powerless tinpot dca.

they are not bailiffs in this instance

zero legal powers

zero legal authority to instigate any court claim

only ne parking can do that.

and they

IT IS NOT A FINE [now edited out]

2nd time

where does any of the paperwork use that word

its a speculative invoice

whats the paperwork below the scanned sheet I see

is this other stuff they have sent

or that you have regarding this parking ticket

and they

I don't have access to a computer. Just a smart phone.

No she hasn't moved.

And I I can't link the latest letter which I have put up to the original charge, because it won't match the reference number.

The rest of the paper work is asking for salary and if I own a home etc.

We need the rest of everything they sent (not the reply form)

The paperwork under the letter of claim thats the ntk from ne parking

Wr need fo see it please?

Am i correct it is?

and they

Has your wife not spoken to her boss about this

. Her Company should be able to get it cancelled since they know she has a genuine permit and that permit outranks any halfwit parking company who thinks they can increase a £100 parking ticket to an outrageous £482.

Where do they live-Cloud Cuckoo land?

And DCBL going along with it

. I hope no one ever needs a litigation solicitor that badly that they use DCBL.

That letter is a complete joke even excluding their poor grammar and misspelling.

IF some one has a permit to park then they have not entered into a contract with NPS.

And as such there is absolutely no necessity to pay a brass farthing [whatever that is] at any time far less than within 30 days

. Muppets.

And relax, if you follow the excellent instructions you will get on this site you will pay nothing because even if you had been the driver you would still owe nothing.

• 1 year later...

i have a topic that is locked as it hasnt been posted in for a long time, im not sure how to flag it to reopen it.

This is related to the same situation.

i have this morning received 3 Letters of claim from three PCNs applied to my wifes care from 2016.

i received a letter of claim back in 2 august 2018, but didnt reply and have heard nothing untill today, im just looking for the best way to deal with this.

it was a work car park which required a permit, but was not correctly displayed. 

here are the letters that arrived this morning, my wife is contemplating paying as the thought of a CCJ or court action is terrifying to her.

Scan 11 Nov 2019.pdf

You need to reply to each sep using one of ericbrothers snotty/insulting letters

and they

Yes

But get it checked here 1st

and they

try our custom google search box 

down on the left after hitting our top squares logo.

something like

ericsbrother snotty insulting letter

lots of examples on the forum 

they should be around in the next few days if not

you have 30days to reply to each one.

and they

So you didnt follow up on the advice given for the first problem so please tell us whether you intend to try and ignore the advice ( and parking co's threats) this time round or are you going to do something about it? In other words will our efforts be for nothing

Firstly

does you wife still work there?

If so then she can stil get her bosses to tell the parking cowboys to wind their necks in if the parking spaces are owned by them.

she may consider using the company grievance procedure to enable this correctly, a good read of her terms of service and anything in writing regarding parking and permits is a must.

secondly,

we need to know what the supposed breach that caused them to make this claim was.

that means we need to see the signage at the car park and ideally the tickets slapped on her car or the follow up letters where they state what the money is actually owed for.

then we will advise on a suitable response but you will need to act quickly as they prefer to sue people who Dont reply to their letters as they think that you will allow  a walkover by not responding to the court papers as well.

now the LBA says that a NTK was issued  no more than 3 days after the event so this suggest ANPR and that this is nothing to do with work parking and displayed permits so we will need to know more about the events

Ok I'll take photos off all letters I have received and upload them, there are three separate charges. Along with the letter of claim on the original post at the very top, the latest 3 letter of claims are linked to each charge.

here are the letters and all evidence we have ever received about the pcn.

1st.pdf 2.pdf 3.pdf

Hello guys, 

really nice to see an active conversation about this - I always get worried when receiving letters of this nature, always good to know there are experts to help out!

Today I received three letters from Northern Parking Services, all for separate incidents and related to a car I no longer own. They are titled "Letter of Claim". All three are for separate incidents in early 2018 -  so a long time ago. I have not had any recent correspondence relating to these however I did recently sell the car the letters reference - is it possible they have got wind of this and sent them out to try and scare me/catch me out in the hope I no longer live at the property?

Anyway the usual advice would be appreciated. One line does read that they "intend to recover the sums..." (it is £160 for each).

Thanks in advance for the help! 

kinda sounds asif they have been going through the systems to who has and hasnt paid, then sent out the same generic scare mongering letter ? i have uploaded a pdf of the three letters i received today, which go back to 2016, are your letters exactly the same ?

i dont own either of the cars that the PCN where applied to any more either.

Please create your own topic h2k

Hit create in the top red toolbar

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to NPS 3 PCNs now 3 Letters of claim - Lower Feversham St Car Park Midds TS2 1PB

start your own topic please h2k

each situation is not the same.

dx

and they