BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi   With a SAR all you have to do is ask for 'ALL DATA' (this way it does not matter what format they hold that data whether it be digital, email, telephone calls (recorded), written etc).   They then have 30 Days to comply once they have acknowledged your SAR Request (that is unless they require ID Verification) which the 30 Days time limit does not start until they have verified your ID if requested)   Also can I add in DHL response in post#36 I hate it when any Company/Business etc. has the nerve to use the get out clause of 'Human Error'.    This is not the case as it was 'Maladministration' by DHL' not 'Human Error' as stated to you, irrespective of who/which employee of DHL made the 'Human Error' the buck stops with DHL as who/which employee made that error was Employed by DHL.
    • pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform. [if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] .  register as an individual  note the long gateway number given  then log in .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform .  defend all  leave jurisdiction unticked   goto the defence filing section  file the following:     1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (insert date).  2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation act 1980.  . If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant. .  3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £[insert figure from their POC]  or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied. .. ..ends..   dx          
    • I passed on the article and link to friend. Between us we will now try get the required info to the correct location so that they (whoever in the Govt) can sort out what he is owed. I will keep you updated.  This thread may help others in similar situations. Ethel Street - very helpful research.  Thank you.  Seems like you came up trumps!
    • numerous erudio/drydens claimform threads here already - use our search top right.   your appears to be statute barred as you've never heard of erudio so would not have deferred since your last direct deferment to SLC in 2013    if you wish to bother to even send CCA/CPR that's upto you but the bottom line is to erudio you've ignored everything to date yoy might also ignore a claimform.   but ofcourse you are not!!   if the above is true   pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform. [if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] .  register as an individual  note the long gateway number given  then log in .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform .  defend all  leave jurisdiction unticked   goto the defence filing section  file the following: 1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (insert date).  2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation act 1980.  . If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant. .  3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £[insert figure from their POC]  or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied. .. ..ends..   dx      
    • Well I would want my £50 back also but hey ho if your satisfied its been resolved.....there was no way you could ever be liable anyway as your contract was with TC not RC.   Thread title updated.   Andy
  • Our picks

johnbomo

Lowell Claimform - Shop Direct cat debt

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Solicitors 

Date of issue – 07/11/19

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? 

1.The claim is for the sum of £882.53 due by the Defendant under the CCA 1974 for a Shop Direct account with the account ref of ******************** 

2.The Defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a Default notice was served under s.87(1) of the CCA 1974 which has not been complied with.

3.The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 08/01/18, notice of which has been given to the defendant.

4.The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date  of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £70.60

- The claimant claims the sum of £953.13

What is the total value of the claim? £1083.13 (including court costs)

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? Unsure

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? N/A

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Catalog 

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes, I think so, but haven't checked in a while

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. - Debt Purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? I don't think so. There isn't anything obvious in my files

Why did you cease payments? Unemployment

What was the date of your last payment? 14/08/17

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No, just couldn't keep paying them

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

What you need to do now.

Answer the questions above

If you have not already done so – send a CCA request to the claimant for a copy of your agreement

- I have done so on 06/08/19 ans received the response on 23/10/19 (I'm sure this was very late for them to send it to me)

Send a CPR31.14 request to the solicitor named on the claim form 

- I have done this and received two response.

One to say they won't be sending anything and one with the letters I've attached. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What should I do now?

How do I submit a defence?

Any advice would be great. 

docs All combined into single PDF

Lowell-Littlewoods.pdf

thread tidied..

so no return of a signed agreement be that on online or otherwise yet then?

and ofcourse as with all Lowell cat debts..thats a screenshot of some database claiming to show that a DN was sent, not a compliant copy of the actual DN, which has numerous times been discredited in court as worthless and failing to comply with section 87

No return of anything signed. There is a Credit agreement with my name typed on the top, but I didn't know if it was important. 

Apart from that, that''s all I've received from them. Well that and lots of demands. 

lets have all of what you have inc any T&C's please

Sorry, scanner went a bit mardy. 

All scanned. I didn't add the "about your account" section as it seems generic. 

Thank you 

AgreementLowell1.pdf

that's the usual stuff they trot out for a SD agreement

whereby as you can see, they could have gotten that from anywhere inc this forum and simply inserted your details via cut n paste into it.

though there is an online sign up tick box and a date but no ref as to say IP address used etc proving it was you that did it

and no agreement number anywhere that directly links it to the agreement number quoted in their POC.

major fatal flaw is no default notice to date, but a database screenshot as already advised.

and a snotty reply to your CPR  31:14 saying we might comply if not you'll have to wait until you get our witness statement.

your defence is due by 4pm 9th.

there are numerous like Lowell cat claimform threads here

use our search top right.

one of particular note , which then references others within it is:

Finally go  a little time to myself, so knocked the defence from your given examples. How does it look?

1.The claim is for the sum of £882.53 due by the Defendant under the CCA 1974 for a Shop Direct account with the account ref of ******************** 

2.The Defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a Default notice was served under s.87(1) of the CCA 1974 which has not been complied with.

3.The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 08/01/18, notice of which has been given to the defendant.

4.The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £70.60

#####Defence######

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. Paragraph 1 is denied. Whilst it is admitted I have held various catalogue agreements in the past, I have no recollection of ever entering into an agreement with Shop Direct and do not recognise the specific account number or recollect any outstanding debt and have therefore requested clarification by way of a CPR 31.14 and section 78 request pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974.

2. Paragraph 2 is denied I have not been served with a Default Notice pursuant to sec87(1) the Consumer Credit Act 1974. They have sent an alleged copy dated 28th Jan 2018 from my cpr31.14 request. this is the first time I have seen this letter.

3. Paragraph 3 is denied. I am unaware of a legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1)

4. On receipt of this claim form I, the Defendant, sent a request by way of a section 78 pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, for a copy of the agreement, the Claimant has yet to comply and remains in default of the said request.

5. A further request made via CPR 31.14 to the claimant’s solicitor, requesting disclosure of documents on which the Claimant is basing their claim. The claimant has not complied.

6. It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict

proof to:

a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement and;

b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for and;

c) show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default

Notice pursuant to sec 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim

7. As per Civil Procedure 16.5 it is expected that the claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed

8. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

If you think it's okay, I'll get it put in today. 

Thank you for all your help on this. 

its not a copy of a valid default notice issued by the original creditor complying with the prescribed format stipulated in section 87 of the consumer credit act,

it is a screen capture of some database page of unknown origin or originator. 

Should I just remove it or mention the database screenshot?

just remove the 2nd part where you mention some reply.

Lovely stuff. 

4.The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £70.60

#####Defence######

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. Paragraph 1 is denied. Whilst it is admitted I have held various catalogue agreements in the past, I have no recollection of ever entering into an agreement with Shop Direct and do not recognise the specific account number or recollect any outstanding debt and have therefore requested clarification by way of a CPR 31.14 and section 78 request pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974.

2. Paragraph 2 is denied I have not been served with a Default Notice pursuant to sec87(1) the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

3. Paragraph 3 is denied. I am unaware of a legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1)

4. On receipt of this claim form I, the Defendant, sent a request by way of a section 78 pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, for a copy of the agreement, the Claimant has yet to comply and remains in default of the said request.

5. A further request made via CPR 31.14 to the claimant’s solicitor, requesting disclosure of documents on which the Claimant is basing their claim. The claimant has not complied.

6. It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict

proof to:

a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement and;

b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for and;

c) show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default

Notice pursuant to sec 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim

7. As per Civil Procedure 16.5 it is expected that the claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed

8. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

I will get this put into the defence section. Thank you again.

don't file yet

not needed till/by 4pm tomorrow

let andyorch check things over 1st

Can I just leave it as saved and not submit or do I need to delete everything?

On the MCOL site. I hadn't submitted the defence, but it was mostly filled in. I just left it on. I'll submit it by 15:00 today unless I hear otherwise. 

All submitted as written above (with the reply part removed), so lets see what happens. Thank you, again, for all your assistance. 

Hey all, 

Just received a Directions questionnaire (small claims track) that has been filled out by Lowell. 

Is this something I should scan and add to the thread or is this just ordinary stuff??

Cheers

Simply serving you a copy of theirs...whether they have actually submitted it to the court is another question......await yours from the court then complete as follows

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread