Shiply-haven't delivered

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read regular complaints about Shiply but that is what you sign up for. My question is what do l do now? I purchased some furniture from London to be delivered to Scotland, it has now been over a month and I am being given excuse after excuse. I do not suspect anything illegal at this point but I have suggested to them that l get another courier to pick up the furniture from them and they have said no. Any ideas on what to do now? I'm sure they would show up eventually but l need to move these on. 

What are the items and what is the value?

Presumably they collected the items. When did this happen? What was the agreement as to the timescale for delivery in Scotland?

I think you will end up having to bring a small claim in the County Court. Do you have an English address which you can use as your own address for service of papers?

In fact I have just visited the Shiply website and I see that the whole system is something that is asking for trouble. You say that you have already read reviews about them and you get what you pay for. Why on earth did you sign up for it?

It seems to me that it may be difficult to put any responsibility on the shoulders of Shiply – so which is the provider which has agreed to deliver your goods and which has taken a deposit from you?

They collected the chairs which l had just bought for £500 on the 13th October. They stated 21days max for delivery. I am actually in Nortg Northumberland so not quite Scotland. 

I am not blaming Shiply at all, they are just a platform. My issue is with the courier I engaged through them who had good reviews 

Although you have made three posts, you haven't actually answered the question as to who is the courier currently in possession of your items

Thank you. I can't find any reference to these people on the Internet. Where are they? Do you have a link to a website? Do you have a copy of terms and conditions?

You seem to be drip feeding me information and it's getting rather difficult.

Why don't you tell us exactly what happened in a chronological bullet pointed fashion without too much narrative in the way that if somebody told you the story you would understand it all and have a complete picture.
In particular I'm trying to find out who has got your items at the moment and how did they get hold of them. If you want to get them back surely you must understand that this has to be a starting point
Thank you

That was not my intention. 

I have told you everything, this Transport19731 company picked up my chairs from Lots Rosd auction at my instruction via Shiply website. I have had very little communication with them mainly via the website messaging service and a couple of calls. They keep telling me next week, next weekend but it never happens. They say they are trying to arrange it with other jobs. I have contacted Shiply who have provided me with the company details buy that is it. Last night I suggested that another company pick up from them and they said no. 

Well if you have the details of them then please would you post them here. That would be a start.

Why do you want to know the person? It id not my intention to name and shame, l wanted advice on what to do next. I do not think there is any ill intent. I just want my chairs! 

It was Transportuk1973

Well in that case you should send them a letter before claim and tell them that if you don't have your goods within 14 days that you will sue them in the County Court and without any further notice.

You only make the threat if you mean to go ahead with it. So in the County Court is pretty straightforward. We happy to help you – but I can tell you that if this company is difficult to track down then although you will win without any particular difficulty, enforcing the judgement could be a real problem. That could mean that you got a judgement in your hands you will have spent a certain amount on court fees – may be about £35 also and then a further 50 or £60 for enforcement except the enforcement won't work.

We have quite a few people who come onto this site effectively being ripped off by companies and for some reason rather they feel a sense of loyalty and don't want to identify them. This doesn't help you because it means that there is no social media pressure on the company. You are effectively protecting them. It also doesn't help others who might also be relying on them and could have similar problems but will never know because you want to protect the company.

Anyway there's the advice. If you want more help then were happy to give it but you are not helping yourself.

I feel that you are being snappy with me. I have communicated as much as I know. I have no desire to protect this company but neither do I want to slander their name if they have done no wrong.... yet. 

I very much appreciate your advice. I have their address and can do this if l don't hear from them by Monday 

There's no slander if you simply tell the truth about them.

Anyway it's completely up to you. I've given you an idea of what to do. From the sounds it, at some point you will start to feel a bit snappy about them. Come back here when you do.