stevvieboi

AO.COM American fridge freezer

hi folks need some advice with problems i am having with samsung,

i have an american fridge freezer costing over £1600 that came with a 5 year manufacture warranty from date of purchase,
it is now just over a year and half old and broke down both fridge and freezer stopped cooling, all food wasted,

this was purchased through AO.COM
on the invoice it states it has a 5 year warranty,
also in the pack it came with a card for registering it for the inverter for 10 years and has sticker on the door saying this,

at the time i took ill and did not register it for the 10 years,
however i was under the impression the 5 year manufacturers warranty was in place,

on phoning samsung they inform me that the warranty does not apply,
even though they have the purchase date from AO.COM and the purchase is on their system,

it developed a fault when it was 4 months old and when i phoned samsung they had all the details,
but are now telling me its not covered by the 5 year warranty,
and that the manager will allow a one of repair but any other problems will have to be paid for,
i have looked up samsung T&C and this is what it says

GENERAL

The warranty card and warranty information included with the product provides details of the warranty for the product and the associated terms and conditions.
The information included with the product may provide a specific website address for the warranty information, in which case the warranty for the product is as stated at that website address.
The warranty periods and warranty services referred to above are intended as a guide only and variations may occur. If there are differences between the warranty card and information included with the product and the information shown above, the warranty card and information included with the product shall apply.
The warranty periods apply from the first date of purchase of the product. To obtain warranty service, the original proof of purchase will be required and the serial number affixed to the product must be complete and undamaged.
The warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty may not apply to consumable items included with or in the product, which may have a reduced or no warranty period.
The warranty card and warranty information included with the product will state specific exclusions to the warranty (e.g. where a defect is caused by misuse or unauthorised repair of the product) which must be checked before requesting service under the warranty.
To obtain assistance under the warranty, please contact Samsung using the details in the Contact Us section

anyone any idea where i stand with this, any help greatly appreciated

forget warranties

not worth the paper they are written on

your recourse is against AO.COM under consumer rights act.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets