• Tweets

• see***   pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform. [if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] .  register as an individual  note the long gateway number given  then log in .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform .  defend all leave jurisdiction unticked -  *** for the minute hang fire on doing AOS on MCOL until andyorch advises if/if not you question jurisdiction please   you DO NOT file a defence at this time  click thru to the end  confirm and exit MCOL. ..  get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] . https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/   CHANGE the list of documents too: Original signed finance agreement together with the terms and conditions IN ENGLISH Any notice of change in account terms and conditions that were ever issued since credit approval Any notice of default or UAE equivalent that was issued by the original creditor All and every statement of the account including how any interest has been calculated. Proof that UAE Court Judgement has already been gained upon said debt. Proof the UK Pre Action Protocol allows a UK Solicitor to issue a Letter Of Claim and /or issue court proceedings concerning a UAE debt. The UAE is not a 'member state' . . . type your name ONLY*** no need to sign anything . you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]      
    • thanks. but, where shall i get a copy of this agreement/ guarantee. who shall i contact the claimant.
    • yes, sorry meant witness statement   will post up soon
    • Name of the Claimant ? Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. 20 Nov 2019    Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) - AOS  XX + 19 = 08 Dec file defence date  - 08 Dec + 14 days = 20 Dec 19      Particulars of Claim The defendant owes £25k (debt under a credit card agreement with ADCB dated xx/08/2014 despite formal demand for payment of the debt the defendant has failed to pay and the claimant claims £25k and also claims interest thereonpursuant to section 69 of the country court act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8% per annum amounting to £2000.   What is the total value of the claim? £27900   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes - left Dubai   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No   Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After - Aug 2014   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Representative of bank visited at my place of work with all documentation.   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? Not sure - Can’t see it on Clearscore (Equifax), only have basic Experian app (not Credit Expert).   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Note sure; don’t think so. Moriarty claim to have “been instructed on behalf of ADCB”   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No; only had a letter, then a Final Demand, then the Claim Form and another letter )all from Moriarty)   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No   Why did you cease payments? I was made redundant so had to leave UAE to return to UK.   Despite me advising  ADCB’s ‘agents’ (DCAs etc) I had no savings, couldn’t find any work nor borrow money to make repayments and was presently in a DMP, I was requested to make a payment as a “good faith” gesture and then they would agree that the sum would not accrue any further interest and subsequently enter into an “affordable agreement”.   Despite my intention to offer any possible solution that I could manage - e.g. merging into my DMP - ADCB were not interested and it reached an impasse.   The payment I did make incurred high charges (SWIFT payment) I requested if I could pay by card or a method that would not incur high charges. I also offered to agree to % of any future income earned as well as a regular affordable sum.   I was advised this would be possible, but all promises made to me proved to be false and so despite me communicating my situation to ADCB all I was offered was to enter into an agreement that I could not afford or ‘final settlement’ that I also could not afford.   In addition to this, I’ve had all sorts of obfuscation, misrepresentation and false promises - esp. relative to Central Bank Listing, police case and suchlike -  that I was only promised would be “cleared up” should I make payment.   So the situation reached impasse - I wasn’t getting any sense or manageable proposals and I certainly couldn’t afford to keep paying the amounts suggested (especially incurring £20+ charges each time).   What was the date of your last payment?Jul 16   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? ADCB didn’t seem interested in the litany of  questionable methods employed by their representatives - e.g. misrepresentations, fraud, deceit - and my suggestions of possible solutions (DMP or % of future income) were ignored, rather they just kept wanting money I didn’t have to ‘hold off’.   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes - see above; I advised them I had lost my job, could not find employment, had no savings but would be agreeable to adding to my DMP OR perhaps agreeing to a payment plan on a % basis of any future income.   QUESTIONS Do I need to get a full Credit Report from Experian or Equifax (other than the apps)?  
  • Our picks

BearLake1

VCS London Southend Airport 'No Stopping' £160 Demand

Hi i have read the previous posts regarding this issue as I myself am in a very similar situation.

At Southend Airport I pulled to the side of the road for matter of 10-15 seconds for a friend to get into my car that was coming out of the train station and then following this received letters from Vehicle Control Services Ltd asking for £100 fine to be paid for 'Stopping In A Zone Where Stopping Is Prohibited'. Ignored the first letter but then received another with the amount to pay increased to £160.

I have sent appeal letters but this was past the appeal time limit so have not had any response regarding them.

I have received 3-4 letters now such as a 'demand for payment' letter and now the latest one to be received is the headed 'Letter Before Claim'

I would really appreciate if you could help me with this situation as I feel very aggrieved that for simply stopping for a matter of seconds to help a friend has resulted in such a huge fine.

Kind Regards Sam

OK start a new thread and we will help you.

reason for not posting on this thread is to avoid confustion between dates and how far things have got.

It will be one of the easier things to bat away as they know they have no legs to stand on but will still try and bully you into paying money that is not owed.

Read all of the threads about VCS and airports such as Liverpool JLA

I would use another login name as well, your initials and DOB isnt a good idea

cant of read too many posts..it is not a fine!!:lol:

send simple simon at vcs on of ericsbrothers snotty/insulting letters.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Sorry my wrong use of terminology. The letters received were a demand for payment with the latest received yesterday being 'Letter Before Claim'

Thanks 

Edited by BearLake1

can you post up the first letter they sent, the one with the pictures of your vehicle stopped?

It needs to be redacted so all personal data is removed including their reference numbers, bar codes etc. leave the date and time of the incident up though along with any timestamp on their pictures.

If you read other threads on airports you will know that they are covered by their own byelaws so not " relevant land" under the POFA so this means there can never be a keper liability (and that is why you dont appeal such demands initially).

also they have problems with the claim that you broke a contract by stopping.

How are you supposed to be able to read and digest such an offer of a contract if you dotn stop to read it?

they are also stuck because the only way you can agree to this contract of no stopping is to stop and thus brwach its terms and you cant be a party that forms contract by breaking it.

last;y it is prohibitive and not an offer to park.

these are all similar things but what this shows is that VCS have no contract, no right to offer such terms as land is governed by its own byelaws and they knwo they are rotten to the core but rely on your ignorance.

You will need to respnd to this LBA by saying:

Dear Simple Simon,

thank you for your threatogram, as the land  is governed by its own byelaws and there was no offer of a contract to park what with the signs being prohibitive in nature and all that i wont be paying you nay money because I dotn owe any. You however have broken the law by lying to the DVLA to get my keeper details and I am entitled to sue you for that breach of the GDPR for unlawfully processing my personal data.

I suggest that you think about this and then skulk off again before you waste a lot of time just to receive another drubbing in court.

that should hopefully be the end of the matter but if they do try their luck we will help you defend a court claim

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your reply and help with this issue it is very much appreciated, I have attached a copy of the letter received with personal information redacted.

Other information which I am unsure if could be of any importance is that the driver of the vehicle at the time of incident is not the registered keeper.

The letters received have been addressed to the keeper of the vehicle but the incident had taken place with myself who had borrowed the vehicle that day.

Kind regards 

images/posts removed
please do not post jpg picture images directly to a post
read upload and redact in jpg then convert using on of the listed websites there to convert to one multipage pdf only

that way only logged-in,registered and approved caggers are the only ones that can download and see them
else anyone can see them caggers or not.

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

I do apologise I have reattached the copy of the letter in the PDF format as required.

Thanks so much for your reply and help with this issue it is very much appreciated, I have attached a copy of the letter received with personal information redacted.

Other information which I am unsure if could be of any importance is that the driver of the vehicle at the time of incident is not the registered keeper.

The letters received have been addressed to the keeper of the vehicle but the incident had taken place with myself who had borrowed the vehicle that day.

Kind regards 

letter 1.pdf

spreadsheets 

own thread created

please complete this

and you NTK to one multipage pdf only

read upload

spreadsheets 

Hi and thanks for providing the links to other cases involving similar circumstances the information is very helpful in understanding the details of where I stand in the situation.

Regarding the replies received which have been very helpful could I just confirm now that the best way to move forward with this would be to send a reply in response to the Letter Before Claim received which would be something such as the example given earlier by @ericsbrother quoted below;

2 hours ago, ericsbrother said:

Dear Simple Simon,

thank you for your threatogram, as the land  is governed by its own byelaws and there was no offer of a contract to park what with the signs being prohibitive in nature and all that i wont be paying you nay money because I dotn owe any. You however have broken the law by lying to the DVLA to get my keeper details and I am entitled to sue you for that breach of the GDPR for unlawfully processing my personal data.

I suggest that you think about this and then skulk off again before you waste a lot of time just to receive another drubbing in court.

I have attached a copy of the Letter Before Claim received with personal information redacted. 

Thanks very much for the help/advise provided until now and I am hopeful that this issue can be put to bed very soon.

Kind regards

letter_before_claim.pdf

Hi.

Could you give us the information requested by dx100uk before we advise further please? It's important for us to understand all the aspects of your case.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

several things to note about the letters.

they misquote the Beavis decision on purpose which actually stated thta the charge should NOT be extravagant nor  unconscionable and set that  a standard for that at £80. the quotation applied to both the amount and how it was applied, the car park in question had its own particularites which dont apply in many cases.

secondly, as already stated there is no keeper liability and they cant assume that the keeper was the driver

thirdly they mention a contravention code 46. well, where is the entire list of codes and thus conditions published? Did you read a sign that ahd at LEAST 46 numbered contractual conditions for parking? Of course not so this is a braqch of the POFA by them pretending that there is some legitimacy to their system and passing it off as some sort of official cotravention code which is against the law.

they then add a  debt collection charge that is unlawful as they havent used the correct part of the POFA to issue a NTD and the keeper cannot be liable for more tha the inviced amout as specified on the NTK so another crooked attempt to cheat you out of money, better known as a barefaced lie.

A res[ponse is need to fulfil the keepers responsibilities for pre action protocols so they shopuld send a letter either identical to the one quoted or somehting just as harsh mentioning the above series of lies and tell them that as they know they are abusing the civil procedure a fiull costs recovery order will be sought when they lose the claim or if they skulk off before a hearing, makes no difference as far ans unreasonable conduct goes.

If they do still decide to issue a claim come back here for more advice. Better still get the person who is being sued to join in and if you are willing  we can stitch them up between the driver/keeper liability. This would involve you admitting you were the driver ( after they have gone too far to back out chasing the wrong person) and seeing if they want to spend money on a second fruitless claim rather than just spanking them in just one case. I suspect that they wouldnt dare try it on but would be interesting.

Now this last bit only applies if they are still chasing the keeper so please clarify.

If thye are chasing you as the driver then we will need to see what was written by the keeper and yourself about this

Thanks so much for the help and advice so far, i will just wait until i received anything further through the post and if so will post up what is received for further advice on moving forward.

Many Thanks

don't forget to complete this please:

and get reading up on any/all no stopping threads already here so you know what to expect and if we need to even see any further letters till/if the letter of claim.

use our search in the red banner

dx

spreadsheets 

@BearLake1

I have a similar PCN from the same place. I've just received 'Letter Before Claim' today. I wonder if you are able to share your reply to CVS? Did you send your reply by email or mail?

Thanks!

Edited by WoodDD

WoodDD,

the experts will ask you to start your own thread, as every case is different (for example the timeframe in which the PPC send out their NTK).

Don't ever use e-mail, it just gives the fleecers a free way to harass you.

You do need to reply to a formal Letter Before Claim though.