VCS spycar PCN LOC now Claimform - No Stopping - Southend Airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i have read the previous posts regarding this issue as I myself am in a very similar situation.

At Southend Airport I pulled to the side of the road for matter of 10-15 seconds for a friend to get into my car that was coming out of the train station and then following this received letters from Vehicle Control Services Ltd asking for £100 fine to be paid for 'Stopping In A Zone Where Stopping Is Prohibited'. Ignored the first letter but then received another with the amount to pay increased to £160.

I have sent appeal letters but this was past the appeal time limit so have not had any response regarding them.

I have received 3-4 letters now such as a 'demand for payment' letter and now the latest one to be received is the headed 'Letter Before Claim'

I would really appreciate if you could help me with this situation as I feel very aggrieved that for simply stopping for a matter of seconds to help a friend has resulted in such a huge fine.

Kind Regards Sam

OK start a new thread and we will help you.

reason for not posting on this thread is to avoid confustion between dates and how far things have got.

It will be one of the easier things to bat away as they know they have no legs to stand on but will still try and bully you into paying money that is not owed.

Read all of the threads about VCS and airports such as Liverpool JLA

I would use another login name as well, your initials and DOB isnt a good idea

cant of read too many posts..it is not a fine!!:lol:

send simple simon at vcs on of ericsbrothers snotty/insulting letters.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

can you post up the first letter they sent, the one with the pictures of your vehicle stopped?

It needs to be redacted so all personal data is removed including their reference numbers, bar codes etc. leave the date and time of the incident up though along with any timestamp on their pictures.

If you read other threads on airports you will know that they are covered by their own byelaws so not " relevant land" under the POFA so this means there can never be a keper liability (and that is why you dont appeal such demands initially).

also they have problems with the claim that you broke a contract by stopping.

How are you supposed to be able to read and digest such an offer of a contract if you dotn stop to read it?

they are also stuck because the only way you can agree to this contract of no stopping is to stop and thus brwach its terms and you cant be a party that forms contract by breaking it.

last;y it is prohibitive and not an offer to park.

these are all similar things but what this shows is that VCS have no contract, no right to offer such terms as land is governed by its own byelaws and they knwo they are rotten to the core but rely on your ignorance.

You will need to respnd to this LBA by saying:

Dear Simple Simon,

thank you for your threatogram, as the land  is governed by its own byelaws and there was no offer of a contract to park what with the signs being prohibitive in nature and all that i wont be paying you nay money because I dotn owe any. You however have broken the law by lying to the DVLA to get my keeper details and I am entitled to sue you for that breach of the GDPR for unlawfully processing my personal data.

I suggest that you think about this and then skulk off again before you waste a lot of time just to receive another drubbing in court.

that should hopefully be the end of the matter but if they do try their luck we will help you defend a court claim

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your reply and help with this issue it is very much appreciated, I have attached a copy of the letter received with personal information redacted.

Other information which I am unsure if could be of any importance is that the driver of the vehicle at the time of incident is not the registered keeper.

The letters received have been addressed to the keeper of the vehicle but the incident had taken place with myself who had borrowed the vehicle that day.

Kind regards 

images/posts removed
please do not post jpg picture images directly to a post
read upload and redact in jpg then convert using on of the listed websites there to convert to one multipage pdf only

that way only logged-in,registered and approved caggers are the only ones that can download and see them
else anyone can see them caggers or not.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I do apologise I have reattached the copy of the letter in the PDF format as required.

Thanks so much for your reply and help with this issue it is very much appreciated, I have attached a copy of the letter received with personal information redacted.

Other information which I am unsure if could be of any importance is that the driver of the vehicle at the time of incident is not the registered keeper.

The letters received have been addressed to the keeper of the vehicle but the incident had taken place with myself who had borrowed the vehicle that day.

Kind regards 

letter 1.pdf

and they

own thread created

please complete this

and you NTK to one multipage pdf only

read upload

and they

Hi and thanks for providing the links to other cases involving similar circumstances the information is very helpful in understanding the details of where I stand in the situation.

Regarding the replies received which have been very helpful could I just confirm now that the best way to move forward with this would be to send a reply in response to the Letter Before Claim received which would be something such as the example given earlier by @ericsbrother quoted below;

2 hours ago, ericsbrother said:

Dear Simple Simon,

thank you for your threatogram, as the land  is governed by its own byelaws and there was no offer of a contract to park what with the signs being prohibitive in nature and all that i wont be paying you nay money because I dotn owe any. You however have broken the law by lying to the DVLA to get my keeper details and I am entitled to sue you for that breach of the GDPR for unlawfully processing my personal data.

I suggest that you think about this and then skulk off again before you waste a lot of time just to receive another drubbing in court.

I have attached a copy of the Letter Before Claim received with personal information redacted. 

Thanks very much for the help/advise provided until now and I am hopeful that this issue can be put to bed very soon.

Kind regards

letter_before_claim.pdf

several things to note about the letters.

they misquote the Beavis decision on purpose which actually stated thta the charge should NOT be extravagant nor  unconscionable and set that  a standard for that at £80. the quotation applied to both the amount and how it was applied, the car park in question had its own particularites which dont apply in many cases.

secondly, as already stated there is no keeper liability and they cant assume that the keeper was the driver

thirdly they mention a contravention code 46. well, where is the entire list of codes and thus conditions published? Did you read a sign that ahd at LEAST 46 numbered contractual conditions for parking? Of course not so this is a braqch of the POFA by them pretending that there is some legitimacy to their system and passing it off as some sort of official cotravention code which is against the law.

they then add a  debt collection charge that is unlawful as they havent used the correct part of the POFA to issue a NTD and the keeper cannot be liable for more tha the inviced amout as specified on the NTK so another crooked attempt to cheat you out of money, better known as a barefaced lie.

A res[ponse is need to fulfil the keepers responsibilities for pre action protocols so they shopuld send a letter either identical to the one quoted or somehting just as harsh mentioning the above series of lies and tell them that as they know they are abusing the civil procedure a fiull costs recovery order will be sought when they lose the claim or if they skulk off before a hearing, makes no difference as far ans unreasonable conduct goes.

If they do still decide to issue a claim come back here for more advice. Better still get the person who is being sued to join in and if you are willing  we can stitch them up between the driver/keeper liability. This would involve you admitting you were the driver ( after they have gone too far to back out chasing the wrong person) and seeing if they want to spend money on a second fruitless claim rather than just spanking them in just one case. I suspect that they wouldnt dare try it on but would be interesting.

Now this last bit only applies if they are still chasing the keeper so please clarify.

If thye are chasing you as the driver then we will need to see what was written by the keeper and yourself about this

don't forget to complete this please:

and get reading up on any/all no stopping threads already here so you know what to expect and if we need to even see any further letters till/if the letter of claim.

use our search in the red banner

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

Hi guys and thanks for all the previous advise given which has been very helpfulin me understanding where i stand in terms of this Parking Charge Notice i received.

After ignoring any letters received I have now been sent something which looks like it has come from the county court so would really appreciate your advise on how I should act going forward with this issue?

I have attached full copy of the received letter all pages.

Many thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS spycar PCN LOC now Claimform - No Stopping - London Southend Airport

please complete this:

dx

and they

Name of the Claimant ?  SIMON RENSHAW-SMITH

VEHICLE CONTROL SERVICES LIMITED

claimants Solicitors: DOES NOT SAY

Date of issue – 20 JAN 2020

What is the claim for –

1.The Claim is for breach of contract for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land.

2.The Defendant's vehicle was identified in the Southend Airport in breach of advertised terms and conditions; namely stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited.

3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver.

4.The terms and conditions upon entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations.

5.The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct.

6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply, namely a parking charge notice will be issued,

7.and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability.

The Claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.

What is the value of the claim? £160.00

Has the claim been issued by the Private parking Company or was the PCN assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim ? CLAIM ISSUED BY VEHICLE CONTROL SERVICES

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? NO NOTICE OF ASSIGNMENT

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
 register as an individual
 note the long gateway number given
 then log in
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked.
 click thru to the end
 confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]

no need to sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

and they

Hello guys thanks for your help so far. i have followed the explained procedure to respond to the claim with the option that i will be defending the claim.

I am now in the process of writing up a CPR 31.14 request, below is a copy of the letter i intend to send with personal details redacted, please could you advise as to whether the letter is complete with no required information missing. I have also added a request for all photographic evidence they intend to rely on so would like you thoughts on whether this is something that would be good to keep included or not.

I would like to acknowledge the time you have to help me with this issue so far for which I am truly grateful as would not have been able to defend myself in any way without your advice.

(CPR template removed - dx)

what does it sayin red  at the top of the template …………………….

and they

Apologies my error. Is it possible to send my letter draft for someone to have a quick look at before i send it off?

I have added extra information regarding request of photographic evidence they intend to use in court so would just like your thoughts on whether this is ok to include?

Many thanks

you don't adapt or change anything from the template given in post 18 other than the obv pers details.

send it as is.

you really need to start getting your finger out

you are now 11 days in to a 33 days time limit to file a defence and you've still yet to send the 31:14....

you also need to use our search top right in the red banner and get reading up on as many pcn claimform threads here as you can to get upto speed!!

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS spycar PCN LOC now Claimform - No Stopping - Southend Airport

hows this going did you file your defence??

dx

and they