• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mortimer Clarke - Old yorkshire bank credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I need help with Yorkshire bank I have recently fallen behind with my payments, when I say fallen behind I have been about £40 short of the minimum payments, so I phoned the bank and made a arragement with them, however I am still getting on average 15 calls a week from them I have sent in the letter stating that I believe that they are harrasing me and that I request that my phone number be removed from their records.

I have recieved a reply today stating that I am only getting the phone calls as I am in arrears and that phoning me is easiest method to contact me. And that they believe the phone calls do not amount to harrasment.

Then they go on to say that they have set up a arrangement for me (which I had done already) but this arrangement has now been increased by a extra month - don't know why.

What do you think I should do now?:?

Datxman v Lloyds TSB 2006 ** WON** 27/2/2006

With no conditions

Datxman v Capital One 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent - July 2006

Non-compliance letter sent - 11/09/2006

enforcement letter sent - 11/09/2006

Statements finally received - 27/09/06

Prelim Letter - sent 28/09/06 - £540

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Datxman v Barclaycard 2006

Won no conditions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Time is running out for the banks :)

have they got online banking?

if so

change your numbers to all 0's

works a treat!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No I don't I am going to reply to their letter to state that they have harrased me and that I think I am owed a apology at least.

What do you think?

p.s. thanks for your reply

With no conditions

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Won no conditions

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

I am currently in the process of taking YB to court, however they have issued a notice of default stating if I do not pay with a certain date I will be defaulted and proceedings taken against me. I have sent them a letter stating to pay up or else we go to court, but I am not sure were I stand.

:shock:Please help

With no conditions

Won no conditions

Is the DN being issued solely for bank charges? If it is, check out the library for the templates on dealing with this

"Evancosmo" is short for the evanescent cosmopolite.

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE :rolleyes:

1st Credit: CCA request sent

Cabot: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Capquest#1: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Capquest#2: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Abbey: on going

Equifax: "attributable data" CCJ removed - Aug 09

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks I will have a look at this, however just recieved a letter from solicitors asking for all the money back so going to give it a try anyway.

With no conditions

Won no conditions

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone I have issued court proceedings to yorkshire bank however I am still getting phone calls and treatening letters asking me for all of the outstanding amount from a DCA on the behalf of YB. what can I do I have nowhere to turn.

Can they still ask me for the money despite the full amount being in question, I thought they had to wait to see what happened at the court case, we have not had a stay put on it yet, but we are expecting one being requested pretty soon.

Thanks in advance:confused:

With no conditions

Won no conditions

• 1 year later...

Please can anyone help me with this, the account has been passed over to a company called Marlin. I have asked them to send me proof of debt using the template from this site. They have sent statements covering three months a default notice and a agreement (although it appears to be a application form) if you look at the application form / agreement it is very unclear you can make out some of the words but a lot of it is faded.

What can I do about it?

Please help me out here, I have 5 working days to arrange payment and I dont have it.

With no conditions

Won no conditions

Hi

Firstly, an application form can be an agreement so long as the prescribed terms are contained within the document (either front or back)

Secondly, how the hell are you supposed to read that piece of rubbish. It is very blurred and faded. I would be writing back for a clearer copy.

Oh yes, the link you posted above still doesn't work.

If they are demanding full payment, tell them what you can afford-once they have supplied what you want

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for your reply,

We have asked for a clearer copy but they told us that it is on Microfiche and thats as clear as they can get it.

What are prescribed terms?

Regards

Datxman8-)

With no conditions

Won no conditions

please dont feel threatened by these muppets

they are a dca, they have no legal powers and can do nowt to you.

your are under no legal obligation to meet their deadline nor to converse with them, particularly on the phone.

can you give us a bit of history on the debt and your last financial in/out on it.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX

thanks for your reply.

This all started about a year ago when a company who I shall not name but you will proberly know them contacted us saying they can reclaim the charges on the account and that the contract may be unenforceable. we got instructed to stop paying, which was music to our ears as we did not have enough money to pay it as I was out of work for 7 months and times were very tight as we have five children.

Anyway we got notification that the claim was going to court and that we would hear something soon, anyway about 4 months after that we recieved a letter saying that this company had been wound up and that the file would be sent back to us.

We then started to panic as we did not have the cash to pay for this. any about a month ago we got a letter from Marlin saying that they have had the debt assigned to them now and that we needed to start paying, so I asked for proof of debt and we got sent three months statements a default notice and the un-readable application form.

I then requested them to send another copy of the application/agreement form as I could not read the one that they had sent me. And the reply I got back was that was the only one they had, and it was a bad copy as it is stored on microfiche.

These muppets have told us that they have proven the debt and have closed the complaint down and that we need to contact the FSO if we want to take it further.

I do not know which way to turn, the debt is 9K and I do not have the money to pay this.

Any idea what I can do next.

I am trying to post this link again I do not know why it is not posting.

With no conditions

Won no conditions

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me with what needs to be included in a credit agreement?

This is for a credit card pre 2007

Thanks in advance

With no conditions

Won no conditions

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me draft a response to a rejection letter asking for a full and final settlement letter.

I asked YB to accept a full and final settlement of my credit card account but they sent me a letter back saying they would accept 80% of the total.

What can I do now? what letter do I need to send?

With no conditions

Won no conditions

• 1 month later...

I have contacted CCCS and they have done a budget sheet for me, I sent this with a letter offering £10 per month they have cashed the first cheque, but not the second. now I am getting letters from Mortimer and clark saying I have not contacted them and that I have chose to ignore their requests to offer a arrangement to pay this debt.

Can anyone help me please.

With no conditions

Won no conditions

• 8 years later...

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice after receiving a letter from Mortimer clarke solicitors on behalf of ME III for an old credit card.

Over four years ago I had a letter from MC and I sent in a income and expenditure form and offered £10 per month as payment. I have been paying this without fail but today I got a letter saying that they think I can afford more and that if I do not phone them they will take legal action.

My family offered to lend me £1500 towards the debt but the debt is £8800 and they refused it as full and final settlement but accepted the £10 per month. They kept sending me letters saying they would clear the debt for 50% of the outstanding amount but I am unable to get any loans etc.

I can't afford to pay anymore and I will not phone them.

What are my options - shall I just chance it and go to court? Shall I offer the £1500 again (I will need to see if my family can still help me with this) 

I am just so worried.

Thanks in advance

With no conditions

Won no conditions

why are you blindly paying a DCA anyway?

send them a CCA request

dx

and they

Hi DX100uk,

These people are a nightmare, I am not sure what I am looking for in a CCA which would make it legally binding etc.

I will try anything to prevent these from getting anymore from me, I have been honest with them and always paid.

What should I be looking for in the CCA

With no conditions

Won no conditions

get the cca running 

if they rurn anything 

scan it up to PDF

and we'll check it.

ive merged a few old threads

seems like all they had in the past was an application form and you wrre told so then to stop

but you appear to vanish everytime and never comeback again for years having not taken the advice given 10yrs ago and several times since

this would have been statute barred by now if you'd stopped paying rather than being a DCA cash cow.

dx

and they

Here you go

mc letter.jpg

With no conditions

Won no conditions

Yes without fail

With no conditions

Won no conditions

cash cowed.

dx

and they