BankFodder BankFodder

free human

parking on private land

myself and my family live in a house built on private land

parking enforcement is in operation on this estate,

we asked our rental estate agent if we required a parking permit and was informed that as residents we did not need one,

a year and parking here everyday later we were hit with our first ticket,

we wrote to the company and requested a parking permit

in the time it took them to answer our letter we were hit with several more tickets,

they could not get the tickets on our car fast enough,

when we contacted them again they said they had not received our letter and any further action on our part seemed to fall on deaf ears,

they just did not want to know

so two years down the line a bailiff knocked on our door demanding £1700.00 for the privilege of parking outside my own home,

can anyone help us 

please complete this:

I doubt it was a bailiff unless you've ignore court claimforms?

dx

Looks like they did go for CCJ, what Parking Company issued the tickets, and what did rental agent say and do about the tickets?  Is there anything in your Tenancy Agreement regarding parking and permit display, if not will be a problem for Parking firm and rental Agent, especially if they have obtained a CCJ potentially under false pretences, as your right to occupy would trump any malarkey from PPC.   Answer the questions on the Sticky linked by DX so the best course of challenge can be advised.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Once they got the letters back saying 2 gone away" they went for the kill knowing very well that you wouldnt be able to defend somehting you didnt know about.

You will need to fill out a court form N244 and ask for a set aside and also ask that bailiff action be ceased whist this is going through the court. tell the bailiff co this once you N244 is sent in as they stand to suffer if they then carry on regardless.

we can help you with the parking problem if you can furnish us with some information about the original events.

When (dates)

where,

what parking co,

how many tickets,

what paperwork you have and

when you moved away from there