Beesnees

Double Whammy - Get One PCN, Get One Free

Except, of course, that it isn't 'free'.

My daughter is a named driver on our policy and has occasional use of our 2nd car. The plan is that we transfer ownership over to her sometime next year, but in the meantime I'm the registered keeper.

Unfortunately, after parking it on her way to work the other day, she failed to notice that our fairly expensive parking permit had fallen off the windscreen face down onto the dash - we think possibly due to condensation. Cue the first PCN from Greenwich Council. To compound the misfortune, she walked home that night, and managed to collect another PCN on the following day.

Does she cough up the fine x2 (£130), or have a fighting chance of a successful appeal? Any advice on her next step would be much appreciated

Edited by Beesnees
Humour?

Correction to the OP. My daughter now informs me that it actually fell on the car floor, so may well have been completely out of view. I doubt that would have made any difference to the issue of the PCN's though. And the combined penalty is £110, not £130.

try putting in an appeal as they will know from the registration that a permit was issued so the fact that it had fallen to the floor may be considered such  a minor point as to be "de minimis" (there is plenty of case precedent going both ways so not a certainty). Point out that the 2 tickets issued were for a contiguous single event so in any event the second one was improperly issued.

always worth a try before the discount period is up.

Thanks ericsbrother. Appreciated.

I'll give it a go on her behalf.