Another Victim of EMC car sales of Bagshot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

I hope you don’t mind me adding on to this thread but unfortunately I have to become a victim of their dodgy antics. I bought a car on the 18th of September 2019 with 3 months warranty 10 days later the clutch went. 

liaising with their complaints team they informed me to get the vehicle recovered to them and they will diagnose the vehicle.

They then advised that after owning the car for 10 days I had prematurely missed use the clutch causing the fault.

They offered to repair the vehicle if I got it recovered to their garage in bagshot and would reimburse me recovery cost and charge me £295 for the repair. 

I did the above and was in contact with the Irish man called Noel who kept fobbing me off saying they would repair it but needed more time.

When I went down there 3 weeks later I discovered all the cars have been removed from the site and the premises locked up and my car was nowhere to be seen.

I contacted the complaints department who then advised me my car was at another garage and gave me location and someone would meet me with the key.

The car was actually just dumped in a street around the corner.

Luckily I had a spare key and arranged for the vehicle to be recovered as soon as possible and taken to another garage.

The new garage repaired my car and said that it was in such a state parts had snapped and said the garage would’ve been aware of this and I had not prematurely cause this fault.

The complaints team had advised me to Collect my vehicle and get it repaired at another garage as EMC could no longer do it due to losing their premises. 

Once repaired by a different garage I contacted the complaints department as wanted to be refunded recovery costs as they previously agreed and the difference in repair costs as I had to pay the new garage £200 more than EMC had quoted. 

I then got an email back today saying that EMC car sales have ceased trading and all future arrangements have been cancelled and they may not be able to help me.

Is there anything I can do to claim my money back? 

I saw in the previous posts that they are still trading under a limited company and have the same companies house number.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated or anything I can do against them to stop them doing this in the future.

They shouldn’t be able to keep getting away with ripping customers off under different trading names the owners should be barred and sentenced. 

Hi and Welcome to CAG

Unfortunately we do mind...please read the forum rules about creating your own topics and posting.

Own thread created please continue to post here.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

This company seems to be causing a lot of problems for a lot of people and if they have ceased trading then frankly there is probably very little you can do and it would probably be a waste of money to start bringing a legal action or paying for enforcement which is most likely to be unsuccessful.

If you are able to give us the names of the individuals involved in this company, at least we can put them up here on the Internet and I suggest that you do so on Facebook et cetera so that people are warned. I'm afraid that you are a victim and I don't see that you can get any redress.

they haven't ceased trading.

bit like shop direct and the 32 odd catalogue names they go under

you issue the claim in shop directs name.

in this case its Crown Motor Direct Ltd T/A EMC Car Sales' 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...